• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Odaiba is getting a 1/1 Unicorn Gundam

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I think.

C6JOUAaUoAAHgu6.jpg

C6JN_QRU4AE8_N7.jpg

RIP RX-78 but I'll take a change after this many years.

If they're adding a new one, I'd rather them just find a space for the new one. Have Odaiba be littered with dozens of mechs. There's plenty of park space there.

Bishop89

oh that sucks...

That was one of the coolest things i saw when i visited Japan. Its so iconic too, why.. oh why!! :(

I'm heading to japan in about a month.

I'm weeping internally.

The Gundam Front inside Diver City is gonna be open 1 more month until April 5th (unless some plans have changed now) if you want to check out the exhibits and goods shop and such.

Oh, and the new statue is planned to go up in the Fall, so no luck for the people visiting this Summer at least :p

If they're adding a new one, I'd rather them just find a space for the new one. Have Odaiba be littered with dozens of mechs. There's plenty of park space there.

many years after the fall of civilization, the remnants of humanity will come across the gundam field and make it a monument to the battles fought in the past

I'm heading to japan in about a month.

I'm weeping internally.

Well, if you swing by Kobe, you could always get a picture with Tetsujin 28?

But yeah, on the one hand it's sad to see the RX-78-2 go. It's ultimately the more easily recognised and culturally significant, however much Unicorn has hit it big over the last few years. On the other, I'm kinda happy that mecha statues are seemingly a thing now.

Wubby

I doubt the RX-78-2 is gone forever. Probably moving it somewhere else. I first saw it when it was in Shizuoka.

Will be interesting to see the Unicorn. Though to be honest it's not my favorite design.

I wouldn't worry too much guys. This will probably be in addition to a new rx-78-2.

Iirc, they are working on a new structure so it can be better animated

213372bu

Banned
Unicorn is an eyesore, why not throw in the heavily demanded Zaku-II or Char's Zaku in addition to the classic RX-78-2?

Kneefoil

Another one of Obama's Unicorn Gundam crew reporting in!

1/1 sized Gundam is still cool, though, no matter who or what place is getting it.

tbm24

I really hope they aren't scrapping the RX-78, I haven't seen it yet and it's been a dream of mine since it went up. Really hoping it's just being moved.

Sakura

Is the Unicorn that popular/iconic? I feel like it would've made more sense at least while the OVAs were still coming out. Why now?

Anung

Un Rama
Is the Unicorn that popular/iconic? I feel like it would've made more sense at least while the OVAs were still coming out. Why now?

Did it not just get voted number one in a poll for Japanese favourite Gundam show? (Or was it Iron Blooded orphans)

I really hope they aren't scrapping the RX-78, I haven't seen it yet and it's been a dream of mine since it went up. Really hoping it's just being moved.

I'm still betting it's gonna be set up again for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo.

As for the Unicorn, I really hope the psychoframe lights up. Seeing it at night would be something else.

I don't like this. If they're going to replace the RX-78, it should be with something like the Nu Gundam

Unless they someone have the Unicorn able to transform in and out of NTD mode, instead of just light up

I'm glad I was able to check out RX-78 last year before they had replaced it... Unicorn sounds interesting, but it's not my fav model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom