• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Odaiba is getting a 1/1 Unicorn Gundam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not hard to please, still thought it was pretty cool.

I just thought gundams where bigger.

Like at least Eva or Zord sizes.

But naw they're fucking tiny yo.

Never noticed/saw how Gundams fight in between buildings in cities while EVA's tower over most buildings llol?.

tumblr_n0wm7jy5tU1s079ezo1_400.gif

latest

cntr

Banned
dammit, the RX-78-2 was better than the Unicorn!

we better get a Shining Gundam as a replacement some day, at least.

hobozero

Maybe I have just lived a sheltered life, but I got to see the old gundam statue there last year and it was one of the coolest things I have ever seen in person. Way bigger than I expected, and waaaay more detailed than I thought. Some serious love went into that thing. Had the shop nearby been open I would have immediately blown a bunch of cash on the biggest model they had of it - and I have still never seen the anime.

Sad to see it go, but super excited by the replacement.

HeatBoost

Are the Psycho field panels going to light up? Because that's literally the only reason to build this thing instead of like, Nu Gundam or one of the AU Gundams

EYEL1NER

Wow, I missed this thread the first time around, I guess. I always wanted to see the RX-78. I was super-jealous when a buddy who is stationed there posted a bunch of pics with it. I remember thinking 'Man, you don't even like Gundam...'
Unicorn is the new one though? Eh, saves me a trip to the site if I'm ever in the area, I guess. It's probably foolish to think anything from G or Wing would pop up, so I guess I have to hope they bring back RX-78 in the future.

Dali

Seeing these pictures makes we wish functional giant mech suits were real. I'm sure they are possible, just no one has the money or inclination to make one.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I think the real question is when does some company go insane and try to make one of these that can actually walk around.

It's looking great. I actually just finished building the MG Unicorn too! I wonder how much of it will transform. Although i love the mobile suit, the plain white is fairly bland so i can imagine it opening up and potentially even alternating in colour between its Destroy and Awakened psycoframes.

We are visiting Tokyo in January next year, hopefully it'll be up by then x)

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Went to Tokyo for the first time the other month, and you can imagine my dismay at remembering that not only did I miss out on the RX-78 after wanting to see it after all these years, but I was too damn early for Unicorn.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
For a New York Minute I thought the thread said Obama was getting a 1/1 Unicorn Gundam and I just thought Greatest. President. Ever.

Went to Tokyo for the first time the other month, and you can imagine my dismay at remembering that not only did I miss out on the RX-78 after wanting to see it after all these years, but I was too damn early for Unicorn.

Same. Visited Tokyo this past April and missed out.

Lucky for me I'm planning a return trip for next year.

Should've been the Nu Gundam instead. Still the Rx-0 is a pretty good design, I hope they use the awakened destroy mode instead of the regular destroy mode.

Bishop89

Still can't believe they tore it down, it was so iconic.

I don't hate the design of this new one, but it's a bit boring it being mostly white

Hagi

It transforms? wow this is going to look cool as hell. I hope it's done for October when we visit for our honeymoon, I always did like to visit the original when we were over. This should look amazing at night with the psycho frame.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Still can't believe they tore it down, it was so iconic.

I don't hate the design of this new one, but it's a bit boring it being mostly white

Well it admittedly looks way cooler in Destroy mode.

Wubby

The psycho frame parts look to be clear so it will probably just be colored lights making the frame whatever color they want it to be. Didn't know it would transform that's cool! I was just in Odaiba last week and saw the progress. Will have to go back soon to see again. Also the Mega Size Unicorn will be released next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom