• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOUR] GTA Single player DLC has been replaced with online map expansions model.

Foffy

Banned
I believe I asked this earlier, and I don't believe I was answered.

The rumor in question is from August.

Why does it have validation at present? Is it because he leaked information that was contained in the game that others leaked as well (free roam, Heists, Bikers, etc)?

People can dig in the files, but the rest of that stuff...I've not seen corroborated. Otherwise it would have had more recent posts about it.

I just wanted a Heist editor. That's the one thing I wanted. We got constant vehicles and other things to promote Microtransactions. GTA died for me a while ago, map FFA, some races and death match stuff got boring real fast. Will be waiting to see what they do with RDR.

Aside from vehicles and cosmetic stuff what did they really add after launch? Not a rhetorical question I really don't know. I've just heard some new races and a bunch of vehicle and cosmetic stuff. Vehicles I just don't even see the point because of the top movement speed cap and the fact that the high end vehicles essentially end with the same acceleration. So it's just handling slightly and different appearance.

rrs

I just wanted a Heist editor. That's the one thing I wanted. We got constant vehicles and other things to promote Microtransactions. GTA died for me a while ago, map FFA, some races and death match stuff got boring real fast. Will be waiting to see what they do with RDR.

Aside from vehicles and cosmetic stuff what did they really add after launch? Not a rhetorical question I really don't know. I've just heard some new races and a bunch of vehicle and cosmetic stuff.
There's been a few major changes to spice up freeroam such as vip orgs, biker gangs, trafficking resources, and some QoL improvements, but it just isn't fun unless you got some friends to play with and it still takes forever to get in anything in MP

kipsta

So even the cities would be online only? What happened Rockstar, what happened... You were my heroes.
giphy.gif

haven't read gtaf recently and haven't got a chance to look into this too much yet beyond a bit this thread and that one

but as someone that's frequented gtaf for a few years pretty regularly... someone posts a list like that almost bi-weekly

knowing r* and gtao, it sounds like it cool be true -- but that's also why it wouldn't be that hard to fake. it's basically written like any common sense idea about what gtao would add next with a big of a patch notes style (again basically common sense).

again, who knows, but if had a neogaf post every time a post like that shows up on gtaf, we'd probably have over 30 threads since the ps3 release that would have ended up being fake ;p so... grains of salt and all that.

Mr Swine

Banned
So if this is even remotely true, why not release both? Why make a single player DLC to a multiplayer DLC? Doesn't make sense

LoveCake

If R* are making so much money then that means that they have more money to invest in single player DLC?

I am 99% positive that R* said that single player DLC was going to be released just after GTA V came out, I even got it for my PS4 after playing through on my X360.

Looks like we won't get to see Gay Tony again :(

One of the best trailers ever and one of the best DLC releases ever (imo)

I don't like the look of GTA Online, I have never played it though, I really think that you need to be in a proper crew with people you actually know to get the best out of it.

Top Bottom