• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

rekameohs

Banned
You guys who are all debating what's the third best case.. you're all in agreement about the two best cases?
(I am assuming, AA1-5, and AA2-4?)

I actually think I like AA1-4 more than AA1-5.

Those two, plus AA2-4 and AA3-5 are definitely the biggest and best ones of the series.

Shouta

I honestly didn't enjoy Investigations but from what I hear AAI2 is one of the best in the series- how true is that?

Edgeworth 2 is amazing. It's the only game in the series that I feel sets up a proper story arc with a theme and manages to properly connect it all in an interesting manner. It also really advances the world setting. Apollo started to do this but sort of fumbled around a bit and didn't make as much of an impact as it should have. The first few Phoenix games are much more individual story and loosely connected events which works when it's all revealed in the T&T but it doesn't really do much for the characters in that regard either, IMO.

I actually think I like AA1-4 more than AA1-5.

Those two, plus AA2-4 and AA3-5 are definitely the biggest and best ones of the series.

Ok, I agree with those. Didn't like 3-5 as much as everyone else, but it was still a great series ending.

My favorite case o/w are all from 1: 1-3 and especially 1-4 are phenomenal as well.

IrishNinja

i am here for this!

played and loved them all, except AAI which ill get around to but since we're not getting 2 im kinda bummed

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The reason I didn't enjoy the 1st AAI was Edgeworth was just not a strong enough lead to carry an entire game on his shoulder. Phoenix was charming and likeable, while Edgeworth... well, he's likeable too I guess to an extent but I personally found his charisma to be lacking.

Don't know about the 2nd game since we can pretty much rule it out already, heh.

Jintor

I always liked that fan translation name of "Perfect Prosecutor" back before it became Ace Attorney Investigations

Marche90

I'm actually surprised that there wasn't a Community Thread before. Anyway, subbed.

Waiting warmly for AA5.

BTW, is it wrong that I didn't played AAI? Didn't seemed all that interesting to me but who knows, I might give it a shot later.

Beth Cyra

The reason I didn't enjoy the 1st AAI was Edgeworth was just not a strong enough lead to carry an entire game on his shoulder. Phoenix was charming and likeable, while Edgeworth... well, he's likeable too I guess to an extent but I personally found his charisma to be lacking.

Don't know about the 2nd game since we can pretty much rule it out already, heh.

I actually really disagree with this.

Edgeworth has a different quality to him certainly, but I really enjoyed his dry personality and the way they worked his character.

My issue was his cast was so boring for over half of the game. Between Gumshoe and his fanboyness, and the lack of good new characters (being stuck with the flight attendent and then Franz) really took it down. All of Wright's partners/suspects were able to really bring something to the table where as Edgeworth had to really last soley on him until Kay and new detective are introduced.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I actually really disagree with this.

Edgeworth has a different quality to him certainly, but I really enjoyed his dry personality and the way they worked his character.

My issue was his cast was so boring for over half of the game. Between Gumshoe and his fanboyness, and the lack of good new characters (being stuck with the flight attendent and then Franz) really took it down. All of Wright's partners/suspects were able to really bring something to the table where as Edgeworth had to really last soley on him until Kay and new detective are introduced.

Hmmm, well, we'll just have to agree to disagree then :)

Don't know... I like him in the 3 mainline AA games, but I got bored with him in AAI. I have also failed to be engaged with the cases in that game, with the last one I consider as perhaps one of the worst cases ever in an AA game.

I heard the 2nd game fixed all that but we know the story about it....

Bladenic

Edgeworth 2 is amazing. It's the only game in the series that I feel sets up a proper story arc with a theme and manages to properly connect it all in an interesting manner. It also really advances the world setting. Apollo started to do this but sort of fumbled around a bit and didn't make as much of an impact as it should have. The first few Phoenix games are much more individual story and loosely connected events which works when it's all revealed in the T&T but it doesn't really do much for the characters in that regard either, IMO.

This is super painful considering I really liked AAI. Ugh.

It was an entire case revolving around Klavier and his crappy friends. OF COURSE it sucked.
Friends? it's not even that, Klavier and his one friend
(who isn't his friend at all)
, where the hell were the rest of his band?!

Edgeworth could be strong enough but AAI seemed to remove a lot of the snark that made Edgeworth enjoyable in the first place, when put into the main character role he felt a bit dry, on top of that Gumshoe was made to be stupider than ever so I can't say it sat that well with me for those reasons.

nny

You're all making me want to replay the games, it's been a while (I don't remember a lot of what you're discussing).

Love the series.

BDGAME

Amazing thread. Ace Atorney is one of my favorite franchise right now. The characters, like Maya and Gunshoes, the turnaround, like the case 5 of AA2, and the main character, all together make Phoenix Wright obligation for all.

Right now I'm in the middle of Trials and Tribulations. The last case of second game is one of my favorites, but I'm liking a lot that third case with a phony Phoenix. I hope to finish all the games in main serie before AA5 launch in USA.

And since fan works are allowed, a mlp fan made a amazing crossover with Phoenix Wright been invoke to Equestria to help in a murder case. Here the videos for these that like (or at least don't dislike) mlp.

Phoenix Wright / My Little Pony FIM - Turnabout Storm [Part 1/4]
Phoenix Wright / My Little Pony FIM - Turnabout Storm [Part 2/4]
Phoenix Wright / My Little Pony FIM - Turnabout Storm [Part 3/4]- Phoenix
Phoenix Wright / My Little Pony FIM - Turnabout Storm [Part 3/4]- Twilight

For now, I'm finishing AA3,I will start AA4 after that, I'm waiting for AAvsPL, AA5 and the fourth part of mlp/PW. I can say that I am happy fan. :)

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I'm actually surprised that there wasn't a Community Thread before. Anyway, subbed.

Waiting warmly for AA5.

BTW, is it wrong that I didn't played AAI? Didn't seemed all that interesting to me but who knows, I might give it a shot later.

it's a much better game than most people will tell you. I had more fun with it than with AJ , for example, and you can't really miss young Franziska

franny-tada(e).gif

Mista Koo

The OP could use prettier graphics.

I just want to say that Maya sucks. I'm willing to accept the repercussions.

Also, Ace Attorney Investigations - Ema Skye where is it
I love you.

I still think Trucy (or even Kay) are the best sidekicks.

Ice Mage

Neo Member
I've been replaying T&T and just reached Case 5. It shall be amazing to experience it again... even though I know the shocking revelation already. Then again, I also did when I first played it... because a classmate had unwittingly (I HOPE) spoiled it for me. I was FURIOUS, understandably...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
3-5 is literally an experience. It closes the whole first trilogy and it's just too amazing, especially towards the end. Dat last day of trial. Dat emotions. Dat revelations. Too much. Outstanding. The only thing I could do after finishing the game was listening to the Orchestra version of "The Fragrance of Dark Coffè".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVhdez_qVX4

;_;

Pyccko

Finally beat the last case of Apollo after putting it off forever. On the whole I really enjoyed it. It didn't really pay off at the end, but the new characters and mechanics were all pretty good. I actually liked Trucy a bit more than Maya, I hope she makes an appearance in AA5.

Now to start on AAI. HERE WE GO

eXistor

Such a great series. I've been replaying some of the games recently actually. I never finished AAI, so I went and replayed the entire game up until the last case (the new Layton got in the way, so I'll finish it soon-ish after that). I also forgot a lot about what happened in the last case in AA4, so I replayed that case as well. The Video Games Awesome! crew are doing an AA1-3 playthrough, so that's great to refresh my memory about those. It's all working up to the release of AA5!

Very excited to see who'll return in AA5. Maya needs to be there, at least for an important appearance and they can't just ignore Apollo. Also it wouldn't be a PW game without Larry Butz, Maya/Pearl, Edgeworth and Gumshoe.

But therein lies the potential problem of a new PW game. These characters are all so iconic and have many fans, but to put them all into one new game would probably be overkill, but if you don't the fans will revolt. The best way would probably be to give each of these a supporting role in any one case. Then the fans will know what became of these characters all these years later, but they don't have to impact the main story or overshadow the new characters in any way.

Lusankya

Amazing thread. Ace Atorney is one of my favorite franchise right now. The characters, like Maya and Gunshoes, the turnaround, like the case 5 of AA2, and the main character, all together make Phoenix Wright obligation for all.

Right now I'm in the middle of Trials and Tribulations. The last case of second game is one of my favorites, but I'm liking a lot that third case with a phony Phoenix. I hope to finish all the games in main serie before AA5 launch in USA.

And since fan works are allowed, a mlp fan made a amazing crossover with Phoenix Wright been invoke to Equestria to help in a murder case. Here the videos for these that like (or at least don't dislike) mlp.

Phoenix Wright / My Little Pony FIM - Turnabout Storm [Part 1/4]
Phoenix Wright / My Little Pony FIM - Turnabout Storm [Part 2/4]
Phoenix Wright / My Little Pony FIM - Turnabout Storm [Part 3/4]- Phoenix
Phoenix Wright / My Little Pony FIM - Turnabout Storm [Part 3/4]- Twilight

For now, I'm finishing AA3,I will start AA4 after that, I'm waiting for AAvsPL, AA5 and the fourth part of mlp/PW. I can say that I am happy fan. :)

This is actually very good. Usually I don't really like fan fics, but this one has a good story, writing, characters, art and nice voice acting on top of that.

You should really try this, even if you're not into Friendship is Magic.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm so angry Edgeypoo 2 isn't being localized that I want nothing to do with Wright 5. :|

need to catch up on this series, i only played AA 1 and AA 2, need to start up T&T soon but then i also want to start up the 3rd Layton game hmm decisions decisions...

Top Bottom