• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

Tizoc

I disaprove of the lame and uninspired subtitle >=/
Primarly because I dislike Ema.

My ranking of fav. sidekicks/assistants:
1- Gumshoe
2- Kay Farady
3- Maya

My fav. games in the series are: G. Saiban 1 & 3 and Gyakuten K.
The other 2 localized games are among my least fav., but I would rank 2 higher than 4. I just dislike Phoenix's personality in 4, even though it has the BEST ANIMATIONS, GREAT MUSIC AND KLAVIER-EFFIN'-GAVIN!
DAT AIR GUITAR!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xvEW4qyEY0

No. Best third case is in AAI2.

One day i'll find out for myself, until then this is a low blow, like a thinker statue to the head.

Circus Case is pretty underrated, I like the conclusion at any rate, it's sort of unique.
That said day 1 is a bit of a slog, doesn't feel like you're making much in the way of progress.

We can all agree that the Concert in Apollo Justice is the worst third case though right?

Vamphuntr

Yes. Friggin' music video; WE GET IT CAPCOM. YOU CAN ANIMATED IN THE THIRD DEE. PLEASE MOVE ON.

Yeah the serenade thing was really annoying since you can't skip it and they show it often during the case. The case was pretty boring too. The best thing from the case was using the sound mixer.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Oh, i'm playing Trials and Tribulations right now. I didn't know about
Edgeworth in the last chapter,
i was like "Holy Fuck!". I'm such an
Edgey-Poo
fanboy. <3

The Tutorial with Mia
and ch4
were a pleasant surprised too. She's another great character.

Also, do we all agree Justice for All is the worst one? Fucking clown.

The circus case is my least favorite in the entire series but case 4 is my absolute favorite. Seriously though, FUCK that clown.

I finished the original one and enjoyed it a lot. I got up to the clown case in the second one and simply stopped even though I was still enjoying the game. I just got really busy and eventually lost interest.

I'd have to start from the original if I ever want to continue with these games to refresh my memory. I’m kinda sad that I never made it to the third one which is supposedly amazing. One day...one day...

Yes. Friggin' music video; WE GET IT CAPCOM. YOU CAN ANIMATED IN THE THIRD DEE. PLEASE MOVE ON.

The worst part is it's not even a good song, it's pretty weak.
And then there's everything surrounding the arm shattering gun and the defendant.

I've noticed that AJ actively seems to go out of its way to give you defendants who are damn near useless to talk to for various reasons.

Tizoc

Yeah the serenade thing was really annoying since you can't skip it and they show it often during the case. The case was pretty boring too. The best thing from the case was using the sound mixer.

I still thought it was a nice cutscene =P
...but man was that case really dumb, from the get go,
the friggin' gun used in the murder would dislocate the kid's shoulder, that should be evidence neough the kid wasn't the murderer, stupid Japan

BlackJace

It was odd, but I treated that as a "When you see it, you'll shit bricks" things. I was kinda spooked when I finally caught the discrepancy.

And finding Lamoir in the case was kinda unsettling too

The worst part is it's not even a good song, it's pretty weak.
And then there's everything surrounding the arm shattering gun and the defendant.

I've noticed that AJ actively seems to go out of its way to give you defendants who are damn near useless to talk to for various reasons.

This is referenced in the game itself so it's intentional

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
AA fanboy here, I'm just here to say that I would sell a finger for AAI2

and AA's artwork is one of the best in the medium

qq more

I like all the games for different reasons and cases. I'd probably say that AJ is the weakest.

AJ was definitely the weakest after replaying the entire series last year. I still enjoyed it but man... it could of have been so much better.

It's comforting to know that a lot of people dislike the circus case. I don't think I liked any of the characters in that case.

Vamphuntr

My personal favorite case is still AA1 Case 5.

-It had my favorite characters : Phoenix, Edgeworth, Emma, Gumshoe
-No Maya or spirit channeling
-Nice forensics investigation with "freedom" (You can use the luminol spray everywhere) and nice use of the 3d viewer (the hidden drawing for instance)
-The lunch lady
-It was really satisfying to stop the bad guy. Probably my favorite moment oustide of stopping you know who in AA3 case 5.
-Case wasn't too far fetched outside of the "I saw the blue badger" part and how the killer had like 5 min to elaborate his whole plan.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I only know I surfed through the game in two sittings. Can't even remember what the third case was about, game was so unmemorable

It's about a song and about an accused killer who couldn't possibly commit the crime he was accused of.

Also Penis Hair.

CorvoSol

tumblr_m1axr6zXij1rrzp6qo2_500.gif

He said it wrong. Nobody caught it, except Phoenix, and it bugged him the WHOLE TRIAL.

Bought the first game when more copies came in after a shortage, and fell in love with the series. Bough GS2 so I could play Justice For All a few months early (Case 2-4 is the only good one). T&T is the best game. Apollo Justice is good too, and I still have barely started on AAI.

I knew I was to expect murder cases, but I was surprised at the amount of cleavage. First Mia, then there was that shot of April May in the window...*stares*

Kisaya

Just found this now, shit. What kind of AA fangirl am I if I'm not on the first page ;__;

CHECKING FUCKING IN. +subbed

I'll make my intro post from what I wrote in a RTTP thread.

I'm usually not one for text adventure games, but Ace Attorney really is one of my favorite series on the DS. Besides the first game, I've bought every other installment on release date and was never disappointed.
My least favorite was Justice for All, didn't have the charm that the previous game had. Still enjoyed it and Trial and Tribulations easily made up for it!
Apollo Justice is good too. Was kinda sad not to see characters like Edgeworth and Maya included, but Phoenix was good enough.
Loved AAI and sorta went through depression hearing that they weren't localizing AAI2, which is a big mistake in their part. They have to bring it eventually though, I don't think I could go through life not being able to play it :(
VERY VERY EXCITED for Ace Attorney 5. Not embarrassed to say that I teared a little while watching the trailer >.< Day one!

p.s. Phoenix x Maya > your faves

Anyway, got the Ace Attorney movie a few days ago and I'm finally going to watch it while I'm sheltering myself at home from Sandy ;3

Ace Attorney is what put me back into gaming, after years of not playing at all. I don't know if i should be grateful or not.

I played AA1-4, but not investigations. Is it any good? I was in the middle of the first case and not feeling it..

BlackJace

Whatever the fuck happened with the iOS HD Trilogy Capcom
It's coming this Winter I believe.
Ace Attorney is what put me back into gaming, after years of not playing at all. I don't know if i should be grateful or not.

I played AA1-4, but not investigations. Is it any good? I was in the middle of the first case and not feeling it..

It is a very good spinoff. Some say it's the best title in the franchise. The first case is a tutorial level, so it's a little underwhelming, but trust me in that it gets much, much more exciting.

Save for the final boss. The battle of wits between him/her and Edgeworth is too long, and it drags on.

DukeBobby

Great thread, it's good to see so many people appreciate this fantastic series.

I still need to play Investigations. However, it's just so damn expensive here in the UK, so I'll probably have to import it.

Beth Cyra

Love the series, my favorite is number 1. Got to say, Wright and Edgeworth are amazing when working together and are my favorite Capcom duo since X and Zero.

Playing through AAI for the first time, and while I'm loving Edgeworth it has actually made me kinda dislike Gumshoe. I enjoyed him in the past, but I've realized that he is very much one of those characters who I liked because he was limited and wish I had never asked for more of him.

His love for Edgeworth and just his overall character are to much to be in the game for so long. Had this same problem with Bender in the later seasons of Futurama when they decided to make him as much a main as Fry.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
You guys who are all debating what's the third best case.. you're all in agreement about the two best cases?
(I am assuming, AA1-5, and AA2-4?)

yes, no doubt about it. AA1-5 would be the best case in the whole trilogy imho if it wasn't for AA3-5 not tying the whole saga up with genius storytelling

Top Bottom