• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

wd6SE.jpg

ooh what's this game, looks cool, anyone know where I can buy it??

How I wish this game was localized.

Ferrio

Banned
3-5 is literally an experience. It closes the whole first trilogy and it's just too amazing, especially towards the end. Dat last day of trial. Dat emotions. Dat revelations. Too much. Outstanding. The only thing I could do after finishing the game was listening to the Orchestra version of "The Fragrance of Dark Coffè".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVhdez_qVX4

;_;

An experience ruined by the "Idiot Plot".

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IdiotPlot

The whole thing hinges on Godot and the other person being total idiots.

Ferrio

Banned
Don't the whole series kinda hang on Phoenix being completely oblivious most of the time?

But that's a trait of Phoenix, it isn't out of character. These other two just completely outta no where got hit with the stupidity stick. It isn't even about being "oblivious" but idiocy on a grand scale.

Taruranto

Ok, i'm basically at the end of T&T, and one of the last revelations bothers me immensely.

Why the hell didn't Godot just destroy the note? :\\\ Basically the whole thing happened because they were afraid Pearl was going to summon Dahlia, but once you remove said note she doesn't know shit. It's not like Morgan Fey is in any position of power anyway, what can she do?

I'm willing to use my suspension of disbelief for things like
bodies getting swung over bridges, exorcism in court, Larry existence, etc
because they are typical of the game universe, but i just can't get over that. :\

Ferrio

Banned
Ok, i'm basically at the end of T&T, and one of the last revelations bothers me immensely.

Why the hell didn't Godot just destroy the note? :\\\ Basically the whole thing happened because they were afraid Pearl was going to summon Dahlia, but once you remove said note she doesn't know shit. It's not like Morgan Fey is in any position of power anyway, what can she do?

bodies getting swung over bridges, exorcism in courts, Larry existence, etc
because they are typical of the game universe, but i just can't get over that. :\

Exactly what I was talking to a couple posts up. Both him and the other person protecting pearl did it in the stupidest roundabout way, that ended up getting people killed and thrown in jail. They're both portrayed as smart individuals so it's really baffling, and the whole story revolves around them on being idiots.

I have a question about AA4's epilogue

Why was the journalist guy in the solitary confinement cell? I couldn't tell if he was actually following a scoop or he was put in there for some reason, because he did his 'I'm in trouble' sprite at the very end.

Exactly what I was talking to a couple posts up. Both him and the other person protecting pearl did it in the stupidest roundabout way, that ended up getting people killed and thrown in jail. They're both portrayed as smart individuals so it's really baffling, and the whole story revolves around them on being idiots.

It is indirectly explained.

Godot isn't really smart. He's an angry asshole on a guilt trip, torturing himself and trying to blame others. He let things go as far as they did so that he could swoop in, save the day, and feel some kind of "redemption" or "revenge" over Mia's death and Dahlia poisoning him.

Honestly, Godot is an idiot for most of the game. He really does a sloppy job on most of his cases.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
It's high time for me to replay the series. My memory on them is faint enough for me to enjoy them for the most part.

Ath

bodies getting swung over bridges, exorcism in court, Larry existence, etc

Yeah this was my biggest problem with 3-5, as much as I loved the revelations and tying up of loose ends.
The whole thing shouldn't have happened in the first place if Godot and even Misty used some intelligence. I know Godot says so himself at the end, both when he admits that he might not have been interested in saving Maya after all and when he says he should have gone straight to Phoenix. It still bothered me though. If I had a complaint about the third game, it's that it became less about Phoenix and more "The Fey Clan Show".

Although Trials and Tribulations is still my favourite game of the series, I prefer cases 2-4 and 1-5 individually.

A.E Suggs

All I can remember is that last case that just, won't, stop. That case was so long it cast out my memories of everything else in that game.

Yeah case 5 made me flip a coin on weather or not I wanted to finish the game. Loved the game, but shame we won't get AAI2 especially when the judge is different.

Also T&T was my favorite, it had one hell of a evil woman.

It is indirectly explained.

Godot isn't really smart. He's an angry asshole on a guilt trip, torturing himself and trying to blame others. He let things go as far as they did so that he could swoop in, save the day, and feel some kind of "redemption" or "revenge" over Mia's death and Dahlia poisoning him.

Honestly, Godot is an idiot for most of the game. He really does a sloppy job on most of his cases.

That is definitely true, but the real question is why Misty went along with it. I guess Godot must have manipulated her somehow because she had no reason to go along with his plan.

CorvoSol

An experience ruined by the "Idiot Plot".

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IdiotPlot

The whole thing hinges on Godot and the other person being total idiots.

I thought Godot flat out said that the problem was that he was too obsessed with what had happened and getting revenge on Phoenix, and that that was what had caused this entire problem?

I agree that Misty's part makes no sense, though. This whole loophole could've been resolved if Godot had found the note after it had already been delivered.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm taking names here. We all going to buy it, right? Prepare to post the bloody recepits

Nope, I bought all the games
with the exception of Wright 1 which was used because I didn't know of the series at the time and got it on a whim
day 1 and apparently that isn't enough "support" for Capcom to localize Edgey-poo 2. So fuck them, I'm not buying into their "test" and buying a 3DS for one game series/IP after they basically said my support means nothing to them. I'll get the game used and wait until the 3DS is cheap enough in that case.

BDGAME

This is actually very good. Usually I don't really like fan fics, but this one has a good story, writing, characters, art and nice voice acting on top of that.

You should really try this, even if you're not into Friendship is Magic.

Yes, me neither. I recommend it to everyone who like the first 3 ace attorney's games and, at last, don't dislike MLP.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
3-5 has a whole lot of dumb that mainly could have been settled if one person had just talked to the other.

The plan is ok if you want to keep things secret but really could have been solved with a simple conversation.

Mr. RHC

Amazing series, I hope it continues for quite some time!

Also I hope I see the day when AAI2 gets an release date outside of Japan! :D

I'm curious to find out how and if the 3D in AA5 has positive influence on the game.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Nope, I bought all the games
with the exception of Wright 1 which was used because I didn't know of the series at the time and got it on a whim
day 1 and apparently that isn't enough "support" for Capcom to localize Edgey-poo 2. So fuck them, I'm not buying into their "test" and buying a 3DS for one game series/IP after they basically said my support means nothing to them. I'll get the game used and wait until the 3DS is cheap enough in that case.

you won't be able to resist, I tell you!

That translation patch is going to destroy all the chances of an official localization. :(

Meh, can't say it's unfair because it's been ALMOST THREE YEARS since the game first came out.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
That translation patch is going to destroy all the chances of an official localization. :(

Meh, can't say it's unfair because it's been ALMOST THREE YEARS since the game first came out.

There are no chances of an official localization.

corn_fest

Just found a new copy of Trials and Tribulations for $35. Finally, a reasonable price for one of these games (I've only played the first, thanks to the reprint). Someday maybe I'll find copies of the rest...

BlackJace

Just found a new copy of Trials and Tribulations for $35. Finally, a reasonable price for one of these games (I've only played the first, thanks to the reprint). Someday maybe I'll find copies of the rest...

Get ready for one of the greatest endings of a trilogy ever.

Sora_N

Second game bored the hell out of me, I don't know. I really enjoyed the first game. Now all the games are expensive as hell. :/

I've always been very curious about this series, but I never see any copies (new or used) at local game stores. Amazon has the first game, but it's sold by featured merchants. Is it safe to assume they're legitimate copies, or could they possibly be bootlegs? I ask because I've heard of bootleg NDS games being sold around Ebay and such, and I know these games can be difficult to find.

cjkeats

I've always been very curious about this series, but I never see any copies (new or used) at local game stores. Amazon has the first game, but it's sold by featured merchants. Is it safe to assume they're legitimate copies, or could they possibly be bootlegs? I ask because I've heard of bootleg NDS games being sold around Ebay and such, and I know these games can be difficult to find.

You should be safe with Amazon. Especially with featured merchants with good reviews.

Jawmuncher

I'm playing Justice For All Right Now (Own all the AA games but just now started playing them in order) Gotta say this one is pretty weak compared to the first game especially the cases.
We'll see how the last case goes before I fully judge it, the best thing by far is Franziska Von Karma.

62vrzoipxt3ti5tjdib1.gif

Her and that whip, mmmmmmmmmmm

Top Bottom