• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Promo for free month of Marvel Unlimited; Recomend your top 10 Marvel stories ever!

JC Lately

Ah, nice. I was just jonesing to read some classic Xmen/The New Mutants stories. Now's my chance!

Is the MU app still garbage though?

Pachimari

I only now saw this thread, but I discovered the offer yesterday and went for it. So now I'm currently reading Ultimate Spider-Man (2000-2009) and is up to issue #15. I plan on reading it all and jumping straight into the Miles Morales run to discover what he's all about.

I guess I'll be adding other series like:

Kraven's Last Hunt
Simonsen's The Almighty Thor
Incredible Hercules
Daredevil - Born Again
The Immortal Iron Fist (have already read some of it)
Black Panther (2016-) (already reading this)

[edit] I can't find Walt Simonson's Thor and Born Again.

I can't seem to find anything on their service, damn is it hard to search for the runs.

LordRaptor

Some stuff nobody else has mentioned (but I might have missed)
  • Bendis Daredevil (and Alias for non 'mainline' MU)
  • Ellis Thunderbolts
  • Avengers Academy
  • Peter Davids X-Factor
  • Exiles and bail the fuck out when Claremont arrives
  • Simones Agent X
  • Bendis New Avengers
  • Kirkmans Marvel Team Up
  • Careys adjectiveless / legacy X Men

e:
I need an image like this for but old school 70s Cosmic Marvel.

Anyone got a list like that?

I mean... for all intents and purpose, that was basically anything Jim Starlin was writing in the 70s

I only now saw this thread, but I discovered the offer yesterday and went for it. So now I'm currently reading Ultimate Spider-Man (2000-2009) and is up to issue #15. I plan on reading it all and jumping straight into the Miles Morales run to discover what he's all about.

I guess I'll be adding other series like:

Kraven's Last Hunt
Simonsen's The Almighty Thor
Incredible Hercules
Daredevil - Born Again
The Immortal Iron Fist (have already read some of it)
Black Panther (2016-) (already reading this)

[edit] I can't find Walt Simonson's Thor and Born Again.

I can't seem to find anything on their service, damn is it hard to search for the runs.

Simonson's Thor run is Thor (1966) #337-382.
Daredevil Born again is a story Arc in Daredevil vol. 1 (1964) #227-231.

You can't really expect the app to sort things by story Arc especially since it has the original issues uploaded and not the tpb or omnibus collections.

I think I'm going to jump in on this.

I've been wanting to get into comics again but it's too overwhelming and never know where to start. Some of these lists should do nicely.

Thanks for the heads up OP I signed up. I'm mostly a comic book noob and had signed up for this a few years ago to get into the hobby but the app was buggy as shit on my old ipad and never worked. Works like a charm now. I'm blazing through the recent Guardian of the Galaxy run and really enjoying it.

Question - is the Thor everyone recommending the 2011 Mighty Thor or is that different?

Crazy only 2 people mentioned this....it should be on every list.

I'm not seeing it on the app? Maybe it was taken down?

Is there a list anywhere for reading all the major events and stuff from the beginning to the present and have it make some sort of sense continuity wise?

Metalmarc

Another new free month pomo code

SDCC17

Not sure when it runs out but someone said it ends tonight at the same time as the comic con ends

Works on existing subs, i just had to cancel autorenew the last month (still lets you read until your date runs out) i was on which was also free, and then go back and choose monthly and apply the code. If you don't cancel the last Auto-renew it will try to force you to sign up for a year, but i do have a code for that too if you fancy a year.

for a full year they are offering it for $60

Code for that is

Carol

Runs out 11:59pm tonight.

SDCC17

Not sure when it runs out but someone said it ends tonight at the same time as the comic con ends

Works on existing subs, i just had to cancel autorenew the last month (still lets you read until your date runs out) i was on which was also free, and then go back and choose monthly and apply the code. If you don't cancel the last Auto-renew it will try to force you to sign up for a year, but i do have a code for that too if you fancy a year.

Code for that is

Carol

Thanks!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
- Jonathan Hickman's FF
- Bendis' Daredevil
- Grant Morrison's New X-Men
- Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men
- Ennis' Punisher MAX (don't know if that's on Marvel U)
- Simonson's Thor is great but the JMS run is also incredible
- Superior Foes of Spider-man

Sojgat

Here we go, though I don't know how much of it is on Marvel Unlimited.

- Avengers Forever
- Roger Stern's run on the Spider-Man books
- Black Panther by Christopher Priest
- Master of Kung Fu (all of it)
- Stan Lee and Jack Kirby’s Fantastic Four (as well as Walt Simonson's run)
- The Mighty Thor by Walt Simonson
- The Punisher MAX by Garth Ennis (including Born and Fury: My War Gone By)
- The Incredible Hulk by Peter David
- Daredevil by Frank Miller
- Marvel Cosmic run by Abnett & Lanning (EVERYTHING)

Pachimari

SDCC17

Code for that is

Carol

Marvel.com is so hard to navigate. I think I have cancelled my auto-renewal, but where do I add another free month?

[edit] Never mind, got it to work!

How is there no app on Windows store? Baffling they couldn't cobble together a basic app. Is there any decent way to read this on a surface tablet?

Pachimari

Actually. So I did a free month starting this month which ends on August 2. I cancelled the auto-renewal, and got another free month. But in my account it says it will auto renew on August 2 still. Does it mean I will get the free month I just signed up for?

Actually. So I did a free month starting this month which ends on August 2. I cancelled the auto-renewal, and got another free month. But in my account it says it will auto renew on August 2 still. Does it mean I will get the free month I just signed up for?

I think that happens for everybody, so I'm not sure.

Top Bottom