• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaden Smith & Vampire Weekend's Ezra Koenig have an anime premiering on Netflix 9/22.

kulapik

I don't know how to feel about that. The animation doesn't look terrible, but this looks corny as fuck, and some of the voice acting is... Bad.

Edit: never mind that final shot of animation before the title looked like hot garbage, this is bad

Galang

Banned
From the trailer alone .... it seems like they threw in as many anime cliches as they could into one.. they're not even trying to be clever. I like Netflix's attempt to make original anime, but there are so many better suited talented people they could have reached out to instead.

kulapik

From the trailer alone .... it seems like threw in as many anime cliches as they could into one.. they're not even trying to be clever. I like Netflix's attempt to make original anime, but they're so many more suited talented people out there they could have reached out to.
This is just a vanity project that Netflix decided to fund for some reason, there's a reason they're just announcing it two weeks before

Keasar

So.

Jaden Smith is a rich, pink haired boy who fights demonic crime with his British robot butler/friend, chased after more than one girl but he rejects them all because "true love" (and "I so shy kawaii") and has a posse of close friends (who are totally his friends because of personality and not because they get to go along with the ride on his rich tail).

Somewhere along the line: sacred duty, family honour, nosebleed due to girl, Neo "Yokio" built ontop of I guess old Yokio cause of floods and other shit, toblerone, fuckbois and lack of synergy.

Edit: Also what the fuck is it with the group of rainbow coloured shorts boys?

d44AeZ9.png

When you just don't give a fuck to put some effort in the design of your robot.

It looks awful.

Wag

d44AeZ9.png

When you just don't give a fuck to put some effort in the design of your robot.

It looks awful.

The fuck is going on there?

This is either going to be in the "so bad it's good" category or just plain bad. I'm predicting the later.

One of the character's VA sounds so off that it doesn't even seem like they were recorded using the same set ups.

Yeah, I'm in.

Valhelm

contribute something
jaden smith is an avatar of the 2010s zeitgeist and ezra is a genius so idk how I can avoid watching this

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
I'll say that that trailer does not get me excited at all... but with that said, I still plan on binging it

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
This doesn't look so good. I'll watch it. Well, the first episode at least. Voice acting is pretty bad, dialogue is really rough as well, probably contributing to the bad voice acting. Animation is mediocre. I've seen some terrible animes, so I'll wait to judge this one. First impressions aren't great.

I don't have any issues with Jaden Smith. He's a young rich kid, and his parents are Hollywood icons. He was never going to turn out normal. XD

I'm not gonna sit here and act like I haven't watched terrible anime or tv/movies. Im definitely gonna check it out and give it a fair shot

Top Bottom