• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaden Smith & Vampire Weekend's Ezra Koenig have an anime premiering on Netflix 9/22.

I'm in. I unironically like Jaden Smith. I don't get grown people still having some fucking hateboner because of what a kid wrote on twitter several years ago.

RRockman

Banned
I.... I don't understand.

It think If production IG adapted Sonic Riders theb that it would have been better than this.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I thought North American anime was on a good track after Voltron, Avatar, and Korra. This is going back to the days of Kappa Mikey.

Art looks meh. Did they animate the whole thing in 2 weeks? Though "old money fuckboys" makes me want to watch it.

Wheres my Lil Uzi Vert anime

vypek

I don't know. Boondocks isn't coming to my mind at all when I see this. Not sure why people are seeing that. The animation seems way different to me

yencid

This is gonna be so bad its good. Animation looks trash but it looks like it could be genuinely entertaining.

Seesaw15

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. If the writings good I don't care about the animation. And the animation/art style works for the tone imo.

tenor.gif

sn00zer

Wasnt there another anime recently that starred a black character. It looked awesome and i know loterally nothing else

Fucking hell...

That's like Deviant Art tier design work...

How much did Netflix spend on this? Must be Reed's pocket money/petty cash surely?

Did Jaden work on the art for this as well as doing the voice work?

Geist-

The trailer doesn't inspire confidence, but I can't bring myself to not watch it with a cast like that. Hopefully it was just a bad trailer.

Korra S1 had incredible animation and was middling. I'll take this if it turns into something special.

Agree that Jaden hate is ridiculous, he and his sister living like we all wanna live imo.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
um. what

directed by the gundam unicorn guy!? How the fuck did they get him??

Of course it doesn't actually look like a legit anime style, but boondocks style...and way worse animation than boondocks.

Top Bottom