• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaden Smith & Vampire Weekend's Ezra Koenig have an anime premiering on Netflix 9/22.

While I found the show so bad it was funny, I made sure to dislike it to discourage more of this shit. The money spent on this could have been used on actual talent.

They should have given Aaron McGruder money to do a new show. He's done with Boondocks and I don't think they want to continue Black Jesus since Charlie Murphy passed away.

That was -almost- English. Try again.
I only speak in:
Shitpost and
191.gif

You're going to have to be patient

Watched the first episode with the SO and we lost it during the graveyard scene. This is definitely trying to borrow from Wes Anderson and his ilk. This would be more inoffensive if the animation wasn't so bad. I have to wonder if they intentionally asked the animation team to make it look like a show from over a decade ago.

Epcott

Hmmm...

3 minutes in, the premise and introduction of the city is interesting. Very optimistic.

3 minutes 14 seconds in, Jayden begans speaking as MC looks at his watch. Brain says "His voice acting is horrible already." Super pessimistic.

Does it get easier to watch? Does he improv...
(Guy in cornrows begins to speak)

Brain says "Am I watching an ITSREAL85VIDS dub? Wtf is this?"

Edit: Faaaaaak lol, this is like a reading a Jayden tweet, made into an anime.

Hmmm...

3 minutes in, the premise and introduction of the city is interesting. Very optimistic.

3 minutes 14 seconds in, Jayden begans speaking as MC looks at his watch. Brain says "His voice acting is horrible already." Super pessimistic.

Does it get easier to watch? Does he improv...
(Guy in cornrows begins to speak)

Brain says "Am I watching an ITSREAL85VIDS dub? Wtf is this?"
No it doesn't get better.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Man! Aside from Afro Samurai, the last time I saw a black main or secondary character in anime was in Ikki Tousen.

EDIT: Izen's dick warmer in Bleach was also black. He was so non-important, I honestly forgot.

Epcott

Ha ha, oh man jeeze oh man, this is horrible and I can't stop randomly laughing at how bad it is. I hate it, but I feel like telling a friend to watch it just to hear their reaction. Oh man, the hell am I watching?

Jude Law rocks as white Southern Cross mech.

Man! Aside from Afro Samurai, the last time I saw a black main or secondary character in anime was in Ikki Tousen.

EDIT: Izen's dick warmer in Bleach was also black. He was so non-important, I honestly forgot.

There are a few
Dutch from Black Lagoon
Simon from Durarara
Killer Bee from Naruto
A bunch of the cast of Michiko to Hatchin (set in Brazil)

Well that's the first episode down. Y'all this shit is bad, lmao. The voice acting was awful enough on its own, but it's also mixed terribly. Sounds like it was recorded with a phone mic. The writing and dialogue is trash too. Still gonna watch it all, though, as it's kinda funny in a way. Plus, Desus and Mero are in this.

Lijik

im really digging this, the one two punch of "sorry im just such a sports nut!!" followed up by the rival being introduced by a one second jazz sting absolutely killed me

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
You cannot have an ironic show on your platform competing against American Vandal. This shit just felt streets behind in comparison. They shoulda waited to put this out.

"I want to go visit the grave" and the ensuing sequence after it had me dying laughing. I don't know if that was meant for laughs, but goddamn. I'm having a great time watching this, artist intention be damned.

caliph95

Was I the only one pissed they didn't give the Robot
mecha
battery he keeps asking for

I may overreacted lol
So I don't get is Charles just Sadie filtered to sound like a butler or a different personality altogether by merging the mecha and Sadie

There are two types of people in this world: uncultured plebeians who can't see Neo Yokios greatness, and true patricians of the art who understand its postmodern excellence.

Tansut

Watched the first episode. Gonna have to echo the sentiment that I can't tell if this is outright bad or bad on purpose, but either way it's damn entertaining.

The gender bender episode is distasteful and they tried slapping in some half-assed woke dialogue. Really sours me on the whole thing now.

Episode one isn't very good.
Episode two is actually pretty funny.
Episode three is fine, and four is okay.

Will continue to watch. Tentatively, I give it an "It's alright" out of "How on earth is 7 a good game".

Not funny to this transwoman or her non-binary partner.
Im saying its a really dumb, really absurd, poorly written show and there isn't really any reason to watch it outside of to laugh at just how dumb, absurd and poorly written it is. Im not poking fun at your situation and I don't think they are either.

Though while I understand why you'd be upset I don't think directing your hostility at me for ironically enjoying something that's like The Room of anime is really helping either of us.

Dali

They're not actual brothers but I'm still not sure how someone would think he's not black.
I think the rapping is the only evidence anyone really has for him being black which is sad stereotyping. His village has darker skin but that doesn't really mean he's black.

Top Bottom