• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED added to Steam registry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I think it'd be pretty awesome if they released Trails in the Sky FC, since most of the work for that should have already been done thanks to the PSP version. Then they can proceed to release SC and 3rd on Steam afterward.
If they release the whole trilogy, they'll probably use this 2010 release, so they've got all the work done anyway.

scy

Salty joy = rasher of happiness = bacon

Not intended as the same as neogaf's version of salty. ;)
Thank Cthulu. I thought you guys were boldly saying some would be disappointed.

XSEED Presents: Cooking Mama: Cooking with Steam Steamy Cooking
No. "Cooking with Steam" was the better title ;)

TF2 Hats == guaranteed 500k sales.
That's what I told Namco during the Dark Souls PC petition!

Unfortunately someone else took the localizations rights to Adventure Bar of Wonderland Portable.

I was so gutted when I heard about this. That was MY pick on the suggestions thread in the forum! ;_;

Bacon? YOU'RE ANNOUNCING A COOKING GAME?

I confirm and deny nothing! :D (Seriously, I can't.) (And now I'm hungry...)

Thank Cthulu. I thought you guys were boldly saying some would be disappointed.

No. "Cooking with Steam" was the better title ;)

Nah. Anyone who follows our twitter knows my obsession, er, appreciation of bacon. I often couch our announcements in the crispy embrace of that marvelous pig candy. And they let me, because no one else wants to have to run the twitter. ;P

scy

Nah. Anyone who follows our twitter knows my obsession, er, appreciation of bacon. I often couch our announcements in the crispy embrace of that marvelous pig candy. And they let me, because no one else wants to have to run the twitter. ;P

I had bacon with my dinner.

Thanks for making me want to go make more. Damn you!

6qd1q.jpg

Stay on target

Also hell as I understand it, the hits are just gonna keep comin' tomorrow (and not even related to this at all!) Hope you people have bolted your socks to your ankles.

Hmm, it's not related to this XSEED announcement, and you can't be referring to anything being announced for 3DS, so... no idea.

Midou

I would re-buy every reasonably priced PC port of falcom games on steam.

This is potentially awesome.

Would buy Sora No Kiseki on PC at full price.

RedSwirl

Falcom used to put their games on the PC in Japan, then they started porting them to the PSP (until finally making them PSP only). So they already on the PC (for the most part).

Xseed has published many of Falcom's games on the PSP in NA, so what I expect (and what people have been begging for) is that they will publish the original PC versions of games that they have previously localized for the PSP.

So basically all Xseed needs to do is put their text in the PC versions of these games, then publish them on Steam. Which apparently required someone at Falcom to do a bit of programming, but they had been busy doing other things. But maybe they found the time? Or found some other way.

Hopefully. Fingers crossed.

What games specifically? Other than Ys I mean.

JoeFenix

I'm all for Xseed stuff on steam but I hope we also get the games on PSN. I'm currently playing through TiTs on Vita and I want SC to come there too!

Takao

Banned
I was so gutted when I heard about this. That was MY pick on the suggestions thread in the forum! ;_;

I still say you guys should go bug those guys and license their translation for the PSP version. It would be an even greater way to hedge your bets and get the sales monkey to listen to you!

XSEED's only non-Ys Falcom title is Trails in the Sky, also known as Legend of the Heroes. Falcom has made a bunch of other games, but outside of Gurumin, nothing has been localized recently.

Eusis

Crazy, that joke was (a bit) closer to reality than I suspected! Though Trails in the Sky lets you cook, so I guess it wouldn't be entirely wrong there either.

All of them. seriously, with maybe 2 or 3 exceptions they've been exclusive to PC, licensing their games for porting. It's only with the PSP that they not only took on porting themselves but started developing games exclusive to the system.

Midou

I wonder if this was done because of more recent releases and success of japanese titles on steam. Though most of those were indie, I imagine there is certainly audience crossover.

http://i.imgur.com/6qd1q.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Shhhhhhhh...

[quote="Takao, post: 35354454"]I still say you guys should go bug those guys and license their translation for the PSP version. It would be an even greater way to hedge your bets and get the sales monkey to listen to you!

XSEED's only non-Ys Falcom title is Trails in the Sky, also known as Legend of the Heroes. Falcom has made a bunch of other games, but outside of Gurumin, nothing has been localized recently.[/QUOTE]

The AngrySalesMonkey has his hands full as it is. I bugged him enough with the original version of it. :(

[quote="Eusis, post: 35354484"]Crazy, that joke was (a bit) closer to reality than I suspected! Though Trails in the Sky lets you cook, so I guess it wouldn't be entirely wrong there either.

[I]All of them.[/I] seriously, with maybe 2 or 3 exceptions they've been exclusive to PC, licensing their games for porting. It's only with the PSP that they not only took on porting themselves but started developing games exclusive to the system.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Would be fun, but alas. (Bacon always makes it better)

B.K.

It would be nice if they would use this as a way to get the rest of the Trails in the Sky games out, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Grimmy

Banned
The following are Falcom's Windows 7/Vista/XP-compatible games:

Ys I & II Chronicles
Ys Origin
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd
Xanadu Next
Gurumin
Zwei II+
(I'm ignoring the Gagharv Trilogy since those are just too old)

These are games in which XSEED have translations ready:

Ys I & II Chronicles
Ys The Oath in Felghana
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

These are games with existing localizations but may need license of:
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim
Gurumin

These are games that have been fan-translated and XSEE can also get localizations of:
Ys Origin
Xanadu Next

So that means possibly XSEED could release as many as 7 games on Steam if all the rights are with them.

Gunsmithx

Can't wait to see that this is about tomorrow, if it is falcom on steam I will do cart wheels across my house!

if they were released and they did well I wonder if it would get Falcom to put future games back on PC.

omgfloofy

Banned
With the topic of the PC games, while people have pretty much named the most recent ones, I had actually recently put together a master list of all of the releases on my wiki along with the publisher and all...

I'm still working on the list, but the base information is in there, at the least... if this helps with people curious about what Falcom's done on PC, period.

http://www.esterior.net/wiki/index.php5?title=All_Games

I remember playing Zwei II for a little bit back in 2009, but it was in Japanese and I just... couldn't understand a word.

I'd totally buy a localization of any Falcom game, though. <3
If it's not Falcom, I'll still buy it.

Any type of Falcom Steam releases would be a huge game-changer. I'm kind of afraid to hope for that much out of this news -- despite how much sense it would make to seek out the (potentially quite hungry) PC audience as a new source of revenue for Japanese RPGs, and how much adding the PC platform would enable XSEED to avoid some of the platform-specific challenges they've run into on systems like PSP, it feels like such a huge change of approach that it's hard to believe it'd actually come to pass.

If it does, though, day one on everything, just to make it 100% clear how strongly I support a move like this.

Swifty

I just got my first taste of Falcom by playing the shit out of Xanadu Next thanks to GAF and the translation patch. I just purchased Oath in Felghana and Ys 7 for the PSP but I am ravenous for more Falcom PC games.

Teknoman

Any type of Falcom Steam releases would be a huge game-changer. I'm kind of afraid to hope for that much out of this news -- despite how much sense it would make to seek out the (potentially quite hungry) PC audience as a new source of revenue for Japanese RPGs, and how much adding the PC platform would enable XSEED to avoid some of the platform-specific challenges they've run into on systems like PSP, it feels like such a huge change of approach that it's hard to believe it'd actually come to pass.

If it does, though, day one on everything, just to make it 100% clear how strongly I support a move like this.

I'd be a strong supporter, but I dunno if i'd double dip on Ys I & II, and III unless there was a pretty significant difference between the PC and PSP versions. Now Ys VI PC version? (since apparently thats much more superior than the PS2 version, even with classic mode enabled?) Sure.

iavi

Same here, as long as they stagger the releases, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom