• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED added to Steam registry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoku88

I think it'd be pretty awesome if they released Trails in the Sky FC, since most of the work for that should have already been done thanks to the PSP version. Then they can proceed to release SC and 3rd on Steam afterward.

I would definitely re buy.

I think it'd be pretty awesome if they released Trails in the Sky FC, since most of the work for that should have already been done thanks to the PSP version. Then they can proceed to release SC and 3rd on Steam afterward.

That would make sense. Plus, the past year has proven time and again that Steam benefits niche games from publishers willing to show good will and price flexibility. A lot more than the console/handheld markets anyway.

They should throw in PC ports of Hero 30 1 and 2 for good measure.

Wow. I'll be glad to delve into the Trails series if they actually show up on Steam. I am confident XSEED and Falcom would see tremendous success there.

ctrayne

A nice thought, but the reason we all have hope for this is because Falcom PC games already exist in large quantities. XSEED's only work would be to translate and throw them up on Steam - no porting.

Takao

Banned
The two things don't really have to be related. Tom has hinted on the forums that they'd have a new game to announce soon. It's also been said XSEED has more Acquire games than just Suminoni in the pipeline.

Half-Minute Hero was supposedly one of their worst selling games ever. No way in hell are they going to fund PC ports of it when they aren't going to touch the sequel.

ctrayne

The two things don't really have to be related. Tom has hinted on the forums that they'd have a new game to announce soon. It's also been said XSEED has more Acquire games than just Suminoni in the pipeline.

True, the FB thing might not be related. But XSEED showing up in the registry is tantalizing.

I hope that--whatever this is--does spectacularly and that other publishers like Atlus USA and Aksys take note.

XSEED, I WILL SUPPORT YOU WITH THIS ENDEAVOR.

Eusis

Yeah, I figure if it's SURPRISE it's going to be Acquire related.

Crub

PLEASEBEYSPLEASEBEYSPLEASEBEYS

Bought 1 & 2 on PSP but held of on Felghana because i wanted to play it on the big screen.

zulux21

I really hope this is them bringing some JRPGs to steam... I would love to have more of those on the PC so I can wait even longer before jumping on the next gen of consoles.

Eusis

If we ARE seeing Falcom I hope it's Trails in the Sky first. The rest are nice, but that will help get the sequel out here in some form whereas I doubt Ys Celceta needs any help beyond the Vita not dying.
Well, ok, a currently Japanese-only title would be great, even if it's something like Xanadu Next's fantranslation being bought and polished up like for Ys I & II and Oath.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
PLEASEBEYSPLEASEBEYSPLEASEBEYS

Bought 1 & 2 on PSP but held of on Felghana because i wanted to play it on the big screen.

Honestly, Felghana looks better on PSP than it does on a big screen. Both versions are stellar, though. You can't go wrong.

It's kinda funny that this news comes as I'm playing through Ys Origin on PC (thus the awesome Adol avatar)

That would make sense. Plus, the past year has proven time and again that Steam benefits niche games from publishers willing to show good will and price flexibility. A lot more than the console/handheld markets anyway.

This is always a dangerous subject with Japanese companies, especially niche ones. If it's Falcom, I hope they're okay with XSeed playing the steam sale game. It would benefit them greatly.

Takao

Banned
I really hope this is them bringing some JRPGs to steam... I would love to have more of those on the PC so I can wait even longer before jumping on the next gen of consoles.

If you want to play JRPGs I have a good feeling you shouldn't even bother with consoles next generation.

I can understand wanting the Trails games on Steam since it's the only viable platform for them in the west, but Ys? All the PSP games (minus the Trails crossover) have been localized, and are all fine.

Yeah, I figure if it's SURPRISE it's going to be Acquire related.

Can't tell if serious or sarcastic. A new game announcement out of the blue kind of would be a surprise no matter who made it.

Eusis

Can't tell if serious or sarcastic. A new game announcement out of the blue kind of would be a surprise no matter who made it.
I meant SURPRISE as in it's not a game everyone's predicting (read: Falcom). Ys or LoH would still be a surprise, but not as much as Wizardry PS3 coming to PC, nevermind something we're not paying attention to in here.

zulux21

If you want to play JRPGs I have a good feeling you shouldn't even bother with consoles next generation.

I am guessing you are implying that handhelds will be the way to go (not PC) and that very well might be true as most of the best jrpgs this gen have been on the handhelds. I play every genre though not just JRPGs, I just would love to see more JRPG support on the PC in general as there isn't that much. My comment about wanting to hold of on consoles next gen was mostly related to the final fantasy series, as I am still a fan, and still would get a console just to play FF15, but if companies keep putting more JRPGs on PC there is a good chance FF15 could be a PC release as well which means I wouldn't need a console just for that.

In general though this is great news, as it's another developer that I like that I can support on another platform, which could lead to them bringing over games they would have otherwise not brought over.

Pyrrhus

I want this to be awesome but there's this voice in the back of my head saying not to fall for it. It's probably some match 3 puzzle game with my luck.

Phenomic

... Oh wow I just I dunno how I missed that completely and totally. Went into the other thread (about the site launch etc) talking about it and found nothing. Someone mentioned Nintendo Power, but didn't seem to give hard evidence either way about it.

Anyway thanks for the quick answers. It's a good night all of a sudden in my book despite midterms are killing me at the moment.

Takao

Banned
I meant SURPRISE as in it's not a game everyone's predicting (read: Falcom). Ys or LoH would still be a surprise, but not as much as Wizardry PS3 coming to PC, nevermind something we're not paying attention to in here.

Acquire makes more games than just Wizardy you know, lol. Way of the Samurai 4 is one of them. It's getting an EU release by Rising Star, but they haven't said anything about a North American one.

omgfloofy

Banned
I can understand wanting the Trails games on Steam since it's the only viable platform for them in the west, but Ys? All the PSP games (minus the Trails crossover) have been localized, and are all fine.

Ys Origin hasn't been localized. It's not on the PSP at all, in fact.

Icicle

If they announce that games are being put up on Steam as soon as tomorrow, would the games be on Steam at midnight (or whenever Steam games go live) or not until they make an 'official announcement'?

Nabs

If they announce that games are being put up on Steam as soon as tomorrow, would the games be on Steam at midnight (or whenever Steam games go live) or not until they make an 'official announcement'?

Games go live whenever the publisher wants them to.

Takao

Banned
Ys Origin hasn't been localized. It's not on the PSP at all, in fact.

Yes there are Ys games not on PSP. My comment was in regards to the ones on it. Dude mentioned a title he'd like to see on Steam that is on PSP, and was translated.

Not THAT excited since my PC probably can't run any of the newer games.

Now if Falcom wants to release all of the older games...well I'm pretty sure I'll buy most if not all of them.

MRORANGE

can someone tell me who xseed are? from what I can tell they make jrpg's.

(sorry for my ignorance, I've only heard them a few times here)

Takao

Banned
can someone tell me who xseed are? from what I can tell they make jrpg's.

(sorry for my ignorance, I've only heard them a few times here)

They are a localization firm based out of California. They localize Japanese video games for the North American market. They've published games on PS2, PSP, PS3, Wii, and DS.

Takao

Banned
so kinda like carpefulger?

More or less, except they don't localize doujin (hobbist) games that are as quite rough around the edges as Carpefulgar's. They also release packaged goods, and aim for more well known games (though that comes with the territory of not localizing doujin titles).

Interesting.

Too bad that even if this IS Trails related, there will still be games we'll never see that are PSP only.

Still, I supposed getting at least the Sky trilogy in some fashion would be good enough.

MRORANGE

More or less, except they don't localize doujin (hobbist) games that are as quite rough around the edges as Carpefulgar's. They also release packaged goods, and aim for more well known games (though that comes with the territory of not localizing doujin titles).

ah I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom