• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED added to Steam registry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

More or less, except they don't localize doujin (hobbist) games that are as quite rough around the edges as Carpefulgar's. They also release packaged goods, and aim for more well known games (though that comes with the territory of not localizing doujin titles).
Yeah, they're closer to Atlus, Aksys, and Working Designs in that they aim for niche, retail Japanese (usually anyway) games rather than the aforementioned doujin games.

Johnas

I'm gonna say this is SC, and they'll contemplate bringing more Falcom games to Steam depending on how it sells.

Whatever happens, consider me interested.

Eusis

Dumb question: what's SC? I can't think of anything at the moment.
Second Chapter, as in Trails in the Sky 2. And not only is it unlikely due to the comments about the raw amount of text, it'd also be completely stupid to platform shift like this without releasing the prequel first, especially since said prequel is on the PC in Japan too.

raven777

I'm gonna say this is SC, and they'll contemplate bringing more Falcom games to Steam depending on how it sells.

Whatever happens, consider me interested.

If they announce SC, and DL version as well to support for Vita, then I will download FC on my Vita.

xxczx

Second Chapter, as in Trails in the Sky 2. And not only is it unlikely due to the comments about the raw amount of text, it'd also be completely stupid to platform shift like this without releasing the prequel first, especially since said prequel is on the PC in Japan too.
Got no hope for both? :)

Eusis

Got no hope for both? :)
Both at the same time? No, not unless this was an announcement months in advance, they just barely got Trails in the Sky 1 done in about a year, and 2 has something like twice the text. More likely if it's going to be Trails in the Sky it'll just be the first, partially to see if there's enough of a market to put the second as a priority localization (and maybe skip PSP?)

Then again, I guess there IS the possibility they announce Trails in the Sky 2 for a few months later on PSP(maybe)/Steam, and get the first on Steam right now.

Salaadin

I literally just beat trails in the sky and really hope this announcement is related to SC somehow. I'd also take Ys Celceta.

Also hell as I understand it, the hits are just gonna keep comin' tomorrow (and not even related to this at all!) Hope you people have bolted your socks to your ankles.

My God. It's like the old days on here, great J-gaming news hand over fist, hope swelling in every heart, the megatons...

Durante

Stay on target

Also hell as I understand it, the hits are just gonna keep comin' tomorrow (and not even related to this at all!) Hope you people have bolted your socks to your ankles.
So today we had awesome announcements, and tomorrow we get even more awesome announcements and Vita? I don't know if my poor heart can deal with all that.

RedSwirl

So what are we expecting here? I don't think I've played a single Falcom game, or anything published by XSEED on the PC for that matter. We expecting them to take some console JRPGs and port them or something?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Stay on target

I'll take this as Aksys announcing the Fate/Extra sequel and more Hakuoki thank you!

If I really let my hopes get sky high then... I'll take this as Segac localizing PSP2i or allowing someone else to do so!

Also .hack//Link localization! Let's shoot for the stars!

teiresias

I'd prefer if it was SC or both FC and SC, as I just bought TitS on PSN the other day in preparation to play it on the Vita, so I'd hate to think I got a gimped version or something (though I've not heard the PSP version is worse in any way, but I don't really know anything about the series).

Takao

Banned
Stay on target

So what you're saying is that Medarot DS will be localized.

lol medarot 3d's probably not even going to be mentioned in tomorrow's Nintendo Direct

DiscoJer

So what are we expecting here? I don't think I've played a single Falcom game, or anything published by XSEED on the PC for that matter. We expecting them to take some console JRPGs and port them or something?

Falcom used to put their games on the PC in Japan, then they started porting them to the PSP (until finally making them PSP only). So they already on the PC (for the most part).

Xseed has published many of Falcom's games on the PSP in NA, so what I expect (and what people have been begging for) is that they will publish the original PC versions of games that they have previously localized for the PSP.

So basically all Xseed needs to do is put their text in the PC versions of these games, then publish them on Steam. Which apparently required someone at Falcom to do a bit of programming, but they had been busy doing other things. But maybe they found the time? Or found some other way.

Hopefully. Fingers crossed.

Dream Scenario:

Trails in the Sky SC is announced for PSP/Vita, TitS: FC & SC are announced for Steam. (Along with other Falcom PC games)

TitS for everyone,

omgfloofy

Banned
I've got a funny question. I would like to write an article on this on Endless History, but I would also like a header image specifically for a source. (It's part of my integrity with the site and all... no offense meant.)

Would someone be able to tell me how to nab that, or to provide a screenshot for it? I will, of course, credit in the article.

Thanks. :)

jackdoe

Dream Scenario:

Trails in the Sky SC is announced for PSP/Vita, TitS: FC & SC are announced for Steam. (Along with other Falcom PC games)

TitS for everyone,
Throw in a discount for the PC versions of available PSP games to current owners and it would be a perfect dream scenario (not sure how it would even possible to do that, but hey, it's a dream scenario).

M3d10n

There are very few things on Steam I buy day one. Falcon games would gladly make it into the list and I'll be happily paying whatever non-sale price they charge for them.

I've got a funny question. I would like to write an article on this on Endless History, but I would also like a header image specifically for a source. (It's part of my integrity with the site and all... no offense meant.)

Would someone be able to tell me how to nab that, or to provide a screenshot for it? I will, of course, credit in the article.

Thanks. :)

Steam Registry: http://i.imgur.com/wpMXf.png

XSeed Announcement about tomorrow's announcement: https://www.facebook.com/XSEEDGames/posts/10150579053053354

Grimmy

Banned
Throw in a discount for the PC versions of available PSP games to current owners and it would be a perfect dream scenario (not sure how it would even possible to do that, but hey, it's a dream scenario).

That's the equivalent of asking Take Two to discount the PC version of GTAV after you bought the PS3 version. Not gonna happen.

Vamphuntr

Would be pretty cool if it's the Trails in the Sky game.

Too bad the entry in the registry is under a "testapp" name. We'll know tomorrow I guess.

scy

Stay on target

I hold you accountable if the blowing off of my socks causes damage due to them being bolted on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom