• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Hearts R |OT| With Our Vitas Combined

Protag

Banned
This really feels like a classic Tales, and this is me coming of of Xillia 2 unfinished (because of the structure of gameplay in Xillia 2)

This is such a return to form for me, and i feel right at home.

Just picked mine up from GameStop! But my Vita's battery is dead...so no playing for me until I get home!

8Hf2isz.jpg

khaaan

I actually wasn't all that upset at the opening song being changed since I tended to prefer the English openings in the past (Symphonia, Dawn of the New World, Legendia) and the opening for Hearts R started off pretty great but as it went on it sort of lost its appeal for me and didn't feel like it went well with the video.

Still pretty okay with it though.

I'm gonna get this at some point during Christmas, those reviews have convinced me. It'll be my first 'Tales of', so I hope it serves as a good introduction.

Gamestop folks, did you get DLC codes? If so, where? I picked it up this morning, but the case literally contains nothing but the game itself, so I'm wondering how the hell I get the costumes.

oni_saru

Are the pre-order costumes dlc exclusive to pre-ordering it at Gamestop or are Bandai shop pre-orders covered?

Hey the fact that they need more shipment means it's doing better than expected right?

Got my copy! It was scary because they couldn't find it at first, but they found the box it was in in the back. I'll be starting very soon!

Cheska

Woo! My pick up is ready. Was initially going to skip out on this in favor of AC Unity but after all the negativity surrounding that I'm reverting back to Hearts!

Yasumi

Banned
I'll probably get my copy tomorrow because Purolator is being butts, but I'm downloading the costumes right now.

Hikami

Ah damn, seems like my order from the Bamco store got delayed to the 18th after all.
Don't mind I guess, I'd love to read some GAF impressions then to see what I'm getting into.

If impressions are good I may buy this. I've been thinking of playing a Tales game (I've only messed around with the Gamecube one) and I love playing anything on my Vita.

Cheska

Another thing to keep in mind is if we run into another Xenoblade fiasco with physical copies being exclusive to two stores only :(

Cornbread78

Are the pre-order costumes dlc exclusive to pre-ordering it at Gamestop or are Bandai shop pre-orders covered?

Hey the fact that they need more shipment means it's doing better than expected right?

From the sounds of it, yes, but need to spread teh word to support #jrpgvita!

Gamestop folks, did you get DLC codes? If so, where? I picked it up this morning, but the case literally contains nothing but the game itself, so I'm wondering how the hell I get the costumes.

It's on the receipt just above the survey info.

khaaan

I'm going to ask a dumb question, feel free to laugh at me.

Does anything resembling a manual or even an advertisement come with the physical version? Even a leaf of paper advertising Namco-Bandai's other games?

I'm going to ask a dumb question, feel free to laugh at me.

Does anything resembling a manual or even an advertisement come with the physical version? Even a leaf of paper advertising Namco-Bandai's other games?
Nope. Almost all Vita games lacks any manual/advertisements in the boxes.

Cornbread78

I updated the review thread OP and the game is currently at a 79 Meta score, which is better than expected! Hopefully sales follow suit and it sells well so we can get more titles localized, like another Tales games on VITA only in Japan...

khaaan

Yeah, I assumed so. I've only bought two physical Vita games and only one of them (Sly Cooper Collection) had a slip of paper with a DLC code for the third game + I think advertisement for God Of War collection on the back. It had a reversible cover too...probably the fanciest Vita physical release unless we count special editions.

e_i

I'm really liking it so far. Although Hsui is annoying the fuck out of me
Stupid over protective onii-san.
I love it when Kohaku kicks the living the shit out of him.

Top Bottom