• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Vylash

ccbanner.jpg

Developer: Sega
Download: iOS || Android
Price: Free with In App Purchases
Gameplay Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga5GZ-ntfKc

Resource Links
Official Chain Chronicle Wiki
Official Facebook Page
Official Twitter
NeoGAF Friend List (quote to get spreadsheet link)

FAQ

What the hell is Chain Chronicle?

Chain Chronicle is a F2P line defense RPG from Sega. Players assume the role of the captain of a soldier in the Volunteer Army and gather fellow soldiers to protect the land of Yggdra.

Is it pay to win?

Absolutely not, the game is designed in a way that you don't need to spend a single penny to enjoy the game as much as others.

How easy is rerolling?

If you're on Android, it couldn't be easier as long as you don't link your Facebook account. If you're on iOS you'll need another device to transfer data to, re-rolling doesn't take long, maybe 5-10 minutes to so.

Warrior Classes

Soldiers
warriors.png

Soldiers can break through the defenses of enemies with ease. The can also obliterate other long range with their melee attacks, provided they get close enough.

Knights
knights.png

Knights can block all forms of projectiles form going through to the rear. They don't hit as hard as soldiers, but they can still end off attackers with their melee attacks.

Archers
archers.png

Archers excel in firing arrows from a safe distance, pelting foes bit by bit so that other melee classes can go in for the kill.

Wizards
mages.png

Wizards can fire either ice or fire projectiles at their opponents from a distance, be it a single target or within an area or effect. They are also masters of debilitation, poisoning and weakening their foes until they wither and are unable to fight back.

Cleric
healers.png

Clerics can heal units adjacent to them, as well as power them up with the guiding light of faith to brave through treacherous odds. While not that formidable, they can still hold their own in melee combat. (don't underestimate the importance of a good healer!)

150223_defensedrill_902x331.png

Current Event: Guild Captain Silva’s Defense Drill

0003_Silva.jpg

Hey Captain! It’s me Silva. How are you guys doing?

0000_Pirika1.jpg

We’re all getting stronger and doing great, but the Black Army just keeps getting harder to defeat.

0003_Silva.jpg

Oh! How about helping me out then? We’re getting the guild members to take part in a Defense Drill.

We’ll practice on how to better defend the Holy Kingdom and defeat some nasty monsters at the same time.

It’ll be great to earn more experience in battles!

Event Date
February 23, 2015 to March 01, 2015

About Defense Drill Quest
Obtain Arcana Coins and Fortune Rings while earning additional EXP during the Defense Drill!

During the event duration, limited quests will be added to Dawning.
There are three (3) difficulty levels for the quest – (Rookie, Intermediate and Advanced).
EXP gained from these quests will be higher than other regular quests.

Note:
Gain EXP from battles to grow your characters and player rank.
Ranking Up will increase your maximum AP, arcana limit, maximum team cost and friend limit.
Increase your player EXP to Rank Up and refill your AP to continue training further!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hoping this means we'll see the Vita version come here as well. Just watched the episode of SeHa Girls where they jump into this game & it looks decent for a F2P, especially with all the artists that contributed (heard there's 300+ characters?).

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Game is pretty good. Nice that a lot of the characters have their own little scenarios and the upper rank stuff does get crazy.

Tried about half of the tutorial stages last night and I'm liking it. It's definitely feels a lot more polished of other mobile games I played. The tutorial feels pretty long too.

So, when's the point where I have to start rerolling, lol

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
curious how much grinding/premium units are required for this.

Any list of 'reroll' units?

The in-game Rare summon list shows you what Super / Ultra rares you can get from it, and then there are some unlisted 3 stars or such that can be gotten. Not sure how big that pool is.

The tutorial seems kinda lengthy, and the item you get for signing up with facebook account is a 1-time offer, so you might lose that if you re-roll, not sure. (I'm not a re-roller).

I'm personally impressed with how good the art looks for "free" units. Sure, their stats aren't as good as higher stars, but the distinction of quality between lower ranks and high isn't as pronounced as some games.

I've also got some good stuff (3 star archers and such) out of free pulls, equal in quality to the 3 stars I got out of free premium pulls. There seems to be good stuff for just playing the game.

I like some of the difficulty. It's nice to see units die, and for you to actually NEED your backups to help on tougher missions. The story stuff is really basic so far, but I'm still in Chapter 1...

Enjoying it so far. I like the character-specific quest, even if much of the mini stories are so RPG 101 basic that you can guess what'll be said next...

Corgi

Banned
yeah, rerolling is a pain especially on ios which requires 2 devices to transfer the data over.

actually turning me off. They know people are rerolling, yet they purposely lock the rewards after the tutorial.

if you are gonna be a dick about rerolling, maybe you will be a dick about other aspects of the game?

chrono01

I'm glad to see this post. Since we don't have a legit OT, I can now talk about it more.

I've been playing for a week or so and I've been having a great time. I managed to [thankfully] get Aludra after around 8 or so re-rolls. I'm not so sure I'd have been able to handle more than that, considering I'm on iOS and continually transferring from one device to the other was a headache. If you're interested in the game, and don't mind re-rolling a couple times, maybe wait for a 2x recruit event? We should have one relatively soon due to Christmas. I know that's what I'm saving my Prysma for.

Oh, speaking of Prysma, if you finalize your account it's probably worth registering your email address on the official site. They're sending out a free Premium Ticket [worth one summon] as well as a Stamina Fruit [to replenish your AP]. I'm not sure it can be used more than once, though, as the code is a one-time use thing. However, if you don't mind making a new email address every single time [or have multiple to begin with], it might help you get a 5* with that additional summon.

http://chainchronicle.gumi.sg/

Also, for a list of re-rolls, you want any of the advertised three 5* [Aludra, Lolletta, and Nimpha].

Of mention:

Aludra is a pretty powerful Mage than can essentially wipe out an entire screen with her ability [aside from bosses]. She's great.

Nimpha has a +30% Treasure Chest ability [later on] that will help a lot with getting the quests.

I've played the Japanese version at release. It's fun but I didn't really understand some deeper concept of the game so I left it. Might try this version later.

Vylash

i really hope we get some of the japanese events eventually, i don't think any of them should be a problem except maybe the Kiseki one, Atelier and Danganronpa are certainly popular over here

i really hope we get some of the japanese events eventually, i don't think any of them should be a problem except maybe the Kiseki one, Atelier and Danganronpa are certainly popular over here

The Atelier and Danganronpa events will probably ruin me.

--------------------------------------------

Played more of it last night and finished the tutorial. This game seems pretty meaty especially in terms of the quests. I'm kinda amazed that even the junky pulls I get comes with a quest, which kinda means I want to keep them longer in my party.

You also get a good rate of getting those coins for those free pulls too which is pretty nice.

Yui

So, I played the game for a bit now and I really like it.
And since there is no OT, I will just go ahead and post my friend ID in here. 164282905
Feel free to add me.

chrono01

I'm still really enjoying this game. I do wish the AP replenished at a more efficient rate [especially considering how addictive it is], but at least we have Stamina Fruit if we get desperate.

As for my characters, the only two SSR/UR I have still are:

Universal Mage Alundra [5* - UR]:

Vanessa [4* - SSR]:

I have enough for around 6 or so Recruits, but I'm waiting until an increased rate event [which should happen around/near Christmas]. Until then, I'll continue leveling the Units I have and increasing my Rank.

Krorg

I’ve played this a lot over the last couple of weeks and have enjoyed it. I've got a couple of UR characters Lolleta and Lindsey but they've only recently been recruited so they’re still fairly low levels.

So, I played the game for a bit now and I really like it.
And since there is no OT, I will just go ahead and post my friend ID in here. 164282905
Feel free to add me.
I sent a request. My id is 164799092 if anyone wants to add me.

chrono01

Is this just wishful thinking, or is there some kind of source/indication?
It's not wishful thinking, they usually have one every month or so [going from the Japanese release]. The English release already had one during Black Friday, but unfortunately I missed out on it [I learned of this game too late >_>].

Maybe I missed a tutorial or something but how do I use those prysma?

The only option I see is to gain more arcana spots but I assume you can use them to do the gacha?

The only option I see for the gacha is to use the premium ticket you get at the beginning, but I also don't see an option to get any more...

chrono01

Maybe I missed a tutorial or something but how do I use those prysma?

The only option I see is to gain more arcana spots but I assume you can use them to do the gacha?

The only option I see for the gacha is to use the premium ticket you get at the beginning, but I also don't see an option to get any more...
Look for an area with a Tavern icon on the world map. When you select that area, go to the Tavern and you'll be able to spend your Prysma [50 for one pull, or 500 for 10+1] for Recruitment. Each Tavern has their own Units to recruit, so make sure to do some research before you spend your Prysma.

To add to this, the first two Taverns offer the more diverse/broad characters, whereas the later ones are more specialized. If you're just starting out, I'd recommend one of the first two.

Yui

It's not wishful thinking, they usually have one every month or so [going from the Japanese release]. The English release already had one during Black Friday, but unfortunately I missed out on it [I learned of this game too late >_>].

Ah nice, thanks.

Selner

What does it use the camera/microphone for?

Started playing this game when it was released, as it was advertised by Brave Frontier (same company, Gumi, does both games). Seems pretty fun so far.

On one of the Menu screens there's an option to add a picture to your profile. I assume that is what the camera permission is for.

Lots of quests to do. It looks like a good number of Recruits have little sidestory quests, that when completed unlock some sort of ability.

I got a four-star archer from the free premuim pull. She wrecks most of the early content.

I've not played a line defense like this before, so the mechanics are a little bit new to me.

The story is kind of cute so far, with a bit of humor thrown in.

I really like the art in this game, good stuff compared to similar endeavors on the android shop.

Got this fighter from the freebie premium card. I hear stuff about rerolling but..I think I'll stick with her. I never get a ultra on the first try with these games haha.

I believe getting any of the 5 star characters is basically a great pull.

Shouta

I play the JP version of this. It's a decent enough F2P game and they give you a fair amount of Gems as you play. There are a lot of systems that open up as you go in the story too. I unlocked one after the 3rd chapter of the First part of the Main story which is quite a few battles in.

The biggest draw of the game is the story mode and the character vignettes, they're pretty good for a free game. The game also has multiple ways of getting strong units beyond the premium gatcha. The Fortune Rings allow you acess to 5 Star/UR units if you end up gathering enough from selling the 3 star rolls you get in the game.

The game also does a lot of great collaborations in the JP version and it's not just units these chars get their own story in the game too, which is pretty neat.

Vylash

EN ID: 117,495,461

JP ID: 195,096,462

went through and added everyone in here, i also rerolled in EN so my cards are super under leveled right now

Yeah, decided to keep the demon of destruction! I kept up and added all the IDs listed here, feel free to send me a request as well - 115 945 277

Merun

Started as well. Friend id: 127790346

Game is a bit tough toward the end of chapter 1. I feel like a peasant for not trying to reroll a UR or SR.

Top Bottom