• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Danj

How much space does this take up on an Android phone? I'm kinda running low at the moment, need to buy a microSD card but kind of skint due to Christmas right now.

The game closes sometimes without any error message, and it is getting more frequent (I'm wasting tons of AP because of this, I'm getting pissed).
Anyone experiencing this?

Selner

Great to see more playing this game.

My ID is 117 235 485.

I culled some of my friends list, so if any one on here need additional friends, I have space.

I have an archer up right now, who I think is useful.

Rarutos

The game closes sometimes without any error message, and it is getting more frequent (I'm wasting tons of AP because of this, I'm getting pissed).
Anyone experiencing this?

I got this twice this morning. It was really annoying, but it hasn't happened since. Hopefully it doesn't again. :(

JoeFu

Banned
This game is too janky. No idea if it's because I'm on lollipop or something but I can't stand it. Frame rate constantly dips into single digits and input is severely delayed. Not to mention it constantly freezes and crashes when starting a mission. Probably done with it for a while.

chrono01

How exactly do you reroll? I got really bad pulls.
If you're on Android, supposedly you can just delete the data from the settings and start over immediately.

If you're on iOS [like I am], it's a lot more complicated. Basically, you need two iOS devices. If you want to get rid of an account, you set up a Transfer to the secondary device, which will afterwards force a new file to start on the primary device. You need to do that each and every time you re-roll, so it's not exactly intuitive [need to write down/copy the transfer code/password each time you transfer].

This game is too janky. No idea if it's because I'm on lollipop or something but I can't stand it. Frame rate constantly dips into single digits and input is severely delayed. Not to mention it constantly freezes and crashes when starting a mission. Probably done with it for a while.
That's too bad. :(

Have you tried installing the game in the menu options?

Jomjom

Banned
If you're on Android, supposedly you can just delete the data from the settings and start over immediately.

If you're on iOS [like I am], it's a lot more complicated. Basically, you need two iOS devices. If you want to get rid of an account, you set up a Transfer to the secondary device, which will afterwards force a new file to start on the primary device. You need to do that each and every time you re-roll, so it's not exactly intuitive [need to write down/copy the transfer code/password each time you transfer].

Ah I see. Yeah I'm on iOS too. That seems complicated. Thanks for the info.

JoeFu

Banned
It's too inconsistent. I just played a bit and it was fine, but I'm sure it'll crap out on me later. And your iPhone 5s isn't any better than a nexus 5 so that doesn't really mean anything.

Been having no problems with my HTC One M8.

Hell, I had more problems with Monster Strike, but that's a different story.

I also need to move on with the story here. I keep just grinding over the daily quests instead >_>

JoeFu

Banned
Yeah I have no idea. I'm gonna wait a bit and see if there's an update later on in the play store that might make it run better. I mean I know for sure a nexus 5 has better processing/graphics over a moto G. Maybe the resolution is making it suck. I dunno.

And yeah at least it works better than monster strike and doesn't drain battery

chrono01

It's too inconsistent. I just played a bit and it was fine, but I'm sure it'll crap out on me later. And your iPhone 5s isn't any better than a nexus 5 so that doesn't really mean anything.
Sorry, not knowledgeable on Android phones [I've always been more an Apple guy].

Here's hoping it's just a OS issue and they can fix it with a patch or something. That definitely sounds like something that would kill enjoyment for a game.

Jomjom

Banned
Game is great fun. So much so that Im rerolling again and again to start with a 5 star. So far ive only gotten 3 stars.

Game runs fine on my Galaxy S2, however since i force- installed it ( not in the US ) , i have some part of the menu that are missing. The good thing that it doesn't bother me since i have the story and everything else ( graphics ) working fine.

Dem terrible rolls..
After pad i should be more trained to bad roll, but on droid at least the reroll was pain less and the repetition of tutorial fast..
Anyway lvl 8, did 4 gold roll and...
All 3 stars...
Like.. Fuck me?

kagete

Runs great on an iPad Air 2, nexus 4, GS3, and iPad 3. However this game crashes equally often on all of them. Twice today I crashed on the last wave of the 20ap gold hunts which really pisses me off. I would guess it crashes 3x a day for me.

Gameplay wise it's great. I found my groove where I just enjoy playing it and stop trying to roll new heroes. All my gems are used just for giving me stamina when I want to play more instead of just waiting constantly. I hate re rolling and just continued with my first rolls being 3 stars. A lucky roll maybe on my 5th day did give me a 5 star tank. My brother rerolled over two days until he got loletta. After doing her quests he got Phoena who is apparently a 5star healer, late bloomer with only 1000hp/Atk for starting stats, can't be sold, and does damage to all enemies for her skill. I'm green with envy but don't have the time or patience to rerolled. I did my time with PAD, never again yo.

Installing the game did jack.

Game is just an unoptimized piece of poo

The biggest problem I've encountered were the sudden crashes. Other than that the game runs really well on my old phone, I'm playing on a HTC Sensation XE (2011) with CM11 installed.

Corgi

Banned
Only real Issue had is a cosmetic one. Such good art, yet they decide to use kind of meh looking chibi 3d art.

JoeFu

Banned
I recorded some gameplay to show how awful the game runs for me. It's cool people can play with no problems, but I just wanted to show what I deal with when trying to play the game, especially the party/enhance screen.

Had to record twice because first time it crashed and crashed the recording app too.

I'll edit in YouTube link when it's done processing.

Edit: Here we go!

Lol forgot it froze about halfway in too.

Kitoro

Been playing since the 8th, and sitting on 570 Prysma. I'm trying to hold out for a rate up, but I've hit a difficulty wall at the end of Chapter 3 that is basically demanding me to invest my Prysma. Won't work on me, though; going to hold out!

Selner

Guys avoid the new Goblin Quest, many people are complaing about it. It gets stuck in the loading and you will lose AP.

No problems here so far, I did the three Day One quests and got a bucket of cash and some of those rings.

There must be some device incompatibility going on, as it sounds like some people are having awful problems and others are doing just fine.

Been playing since the 8th, and sitting on 570 Prysma. I'm trying to hold out for a rate up, but I've hit a difficulty wall at the end of Chapter 3 that is basically demanding me to invest my Prysma. Won't work on me, though; going to hold out!

That's.... a lot of pyrsma. I've cashed a bunch in for characters and even some extra slots.
Three characters so far, so that's 150 and then 20 for the slot expansion. So 170. and I've got 40 currently, so 210 total since I started last week.

Breezing through the game at the moment. I've only lost one battle, and that was a complete goof. A goblin with a sliver of health snuck by my lines. I had like four guys alive and sort of paniced. Couldn't get anyone down there fast enough :p .

I'm at the start of Chapter 2. 2nd or 3rd quest in that chapter.
Been doing some of the character specific quests too, especially for the characters in my party (like Clarice, my 4-star archer)

Can't seem to find a decent healer so far. Finally got some 2-star healers to replace the initial 1-star.

Uthred

So for android I assume its go with guest account, wait for first gacha pull, if its shite reroll? I wonder can you use the facbook account to transfer from iOS to android (or like Monster Strike the games transfer feature is cross platform?)

Edit: Found these thought they might be useful

Tips for non-IAP players - http://chain-chronicle-forum.com/threads/tips-for-non-iap-players.18/

Reset Marathon - Didnt realise different cities have different gachas, this is a breakdown of the first taverns cards - http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/chain-chronicle/newbie-section/78062-reset-marathon

Tavern Gacha 4★ and 5★ Analysis - A breakdown of the cards from the taverns in the game, tavern 1-4 there so far - http://chain-chronicle-forum.com/threads/tavern-gacha-4%E2%98%85-and-5%E2%98%85-analysis.243/

No problems here so far, I did the three Day One quests and got a bucket of cash and some of those rings.

There must be some device incompatibility going on, as it sounds like some people are having awful problems and others are doing just fine.

Tried again and it's working for me now.

Can't seem to find a decent healer so far. Finally got some 2-star healers to replace the initial 1-star.

I'm dealing with the exact same problem right now...

Selner

Reset Marathon - Didnt realise different cities have different gachas, this is a breakdown of the first taverns cards - http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/chain-chronicle/newbie-section/78062-reset-marathon

Tavern Gacha 4★ and 5★ Analysis - A breakdown of the cards from the taverns in the game, tavern 1-4 there so far - http://chain-chronicle-forum.com/threads/tavern-gacha-4%E2%98%85-and-5%E2%98%85-analysis.243/

Very interesting that there are different pools of characters in the specific Taverns.
I saw the News update that they added some Chapter 4 characters that are only available from that later in the game Tavern. Sort of an interesting way to spread the content out.

I for one am not into the whole rerolling thing... I did a little bit of it in PAD, but that about drove me crazy. I don't know how crucial it is in this game, especially when the game seems to shower you in Pyrsma.

I'm dealing with the exact same problem right now...

Quit taking all my Healers! :)

I think I have you on my Friends list.. what's your in-game name? I have a couple Attackers and Knights I can put up if you need one. Currently have Clarice up, and she's used quite a bit as I'm rolling in Arcana Coins.

So I assume there's no reason to hold onto every character you get right? Once you unlock their mission, there's no reason for them to still hang around cause I'm running out of room, lol

Also used the two premium tickets on the gacha in the second town and got crap rolls :[

Now to save up for the 10+1 roll, only halfway there.

Uthred

Any reason to stockpile arcana coins? Compared to other games the stamina recharge feels a little slow

Supposedly she doesnt hold up in the end game but Im sick of re-rolling Lolletta it is, think I'll try and save for 10+1 and use it at the Holy City in the hopes of getting Parchelle

Edit: You can use the in-game transfer function to go "cross-platform" i.e. from Android to iOS or vice versa, so you can re-roll quickly on android and then transfer it to your iOS device when youre happy with it

Guide to 3* - Handy to know what you should possibly hold onto - http://chain-chronicle-forum.com/threads/a-beginners-guide-to-3%E2%98%85-characters.44/

Guide to 1-3* - Similar to the above - http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/chain-chronicle/the-tavern/77180-useful-low-level-arcana-cards

Got a Nimpha on my initial pull after 2 rerolls. Stay or reroll again?

She's supposedly the best SSR so I'd say got with her

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Did like 2 premium pulls and both times got C-ranks ...yeah wont bother with it anymore. Not a fan of the blocky 3D figures ingame tbh.

Uthred

Did like 2 premium pulls and both times got C-ranks ...yeah wont bother with it anymore. Not a fan of the blocky 3D figures ingame tbh.

Assuming its the same as the Japanese one the current 1.whatever version is something like 2% for a 5*, which is pretty low even for these type of games. Surprised they didnt do some kind of "Godfest" to go along with the launch

Teiran

The RNG on these free quests is killing me, haha. I'll get three of the four chests within one or two tries, and the last one eludes me for a full AP bar and then some. I just want that bonus silver chest; come on!

I do appreciate the ability to field reinforcements from my friends list; quite a few of them are running Aludra, Lolleta, and the like. That said, it makes me feel sort of badly since all I have to offer them in return is a 3* Hero.

chrono01

Got a Nimpha on my initial pull after 2 rerolls. Stay or reroll again?
Keep.

As a Soldier, she's not terribly strong [although she's by no means weak], but her Treasure ability that she unlocks at 60 is what makes her so special. It makes the chests that drop from quests a lot easier [30% increase to drop, IIRC], so you get more use out of your spent AP. Granted you could always pair yourself with a Nimpha friend [since the abilities don't stack], but then you have to rely on the logging in so they're refreshed on your list. It's much easier to just have one of your own.

Nimpha was the character I was aiming for when I was re-rolling, but I got Aludra first. Granted, Aludra is great [her ability essentially clears an entire floor, outside of the boss, which is extremely useful], but I still wanted/want a Nimpha. However, since re-rolling on iOS is painful, I figured I'd go with the first UR I pulled, and that was Aludra [and Vanessa as my second pull].

Congrats, though. Now level her up!

Sabas

Banned
On the third chapter, trying to get a good mage character. Went to the tavern at the Tower of Might, ended up with another knight. :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Assuming its the same as the Japanese one the current 1.whatever version is something like 2% for a 5*, which is pretty low even for these type of games. Surprised they didnt do some kind of "Godfest" to go along with the launch
That's explains it, maybe they'll have something for Christmas and new year.

BTW. Tried the Android version on my phone, what a buggy mess, like 3 hard locks just in the tutorial where I didn't encounter any problems on my iPad. Hope they fix it soon, losing progress every second and mid battle crashes are a no go.

Noirulus

Been playing for a few days and GAHH, my patience ran thin and I ended up spending $20. Worse yet, all of my summons were 3*, including 2 dupes. Wtf mang.

And then I found out about rerolling. Too bad I already spent money and the tutorial takes forever.

Merun

Rolled a Lolleta while trying to get Nimpha. Oh well, too many rolls, so I will just continue with her. She is super strong.

Might try to get Nimpha during a double rate event. Also aiming for Lindsey now. Dreading daily quest though, as it's such a huge AP sink hole.

New id is: 127790346

Top Bottom