• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Shouta

Been playing since the 8th, and sitting on 570 Prysma. I'm trying to hold out for a rate up, but I've hit a difficulty wall at the end of Chapter 3 that is basically demanding me to invest my Prysma. Won't work on me, though; going to hold out!

570 of the Gems you use for the Premium Summons? They've been giving that much out? o_O

Selner

Been playing for a few days and GAHH, my patience ran thin and I ended up spending $20. Worse yet, all of my summons were 3*, including 2 dupes. Wtf mang.

And then I found out about rerolling. Too bad I already spent money and the tutorial takes forever.

Dupes are actually good though, right? That's where limit breaks come from. And you can sell rares for fortune rings, which you can buy 5 star characters with.

soultron

Banned
Do you need to be online at all times to play this? I couldn't stand Terra Battle because I couldn't play it in the subway.

Uthred

Been playing for a few days and GAHH, my patience ran thin and I ended up spending $20. Worse yet, all of my summons were 3*, including 2 dupes. Wtf mang.

And then I found out about rerolling. Too bad I already spent money and the tutorial takes forever.

Once you dont use "Skip All" you can use "Skip" freely in the tutorial, still takes ~10 minutes but makes re-rolling a little more bearable

chrono01

he definitely bought them
Not necessarily. I'm at 470 now [could have been 490, but I wanted to upgrade my Arcane Limit] and I haven't AIP'd yet. I'm only midway through Chapter 3 too, and I could get more easily by doing a few of the Character Quests.

I'm waiting until a rate-up event to spend them. Here's hoping we get one soon.

chrono01

What's a limit break?
"Limit Break" is when you Enhance a duplicate card into your main, increasing their maximum number of levels. So if a card could level to 60, Limit Breaking it four times [its maximum amount] would enable you to level it to 80, greatly increasing its final stats.

Each Limit Break increases the maximum amount of levels by 5.

What's a limit break?

It's when you fuse the same arcana characters together. It'll give them a pretty good stat boosts as well as increase their max level up to four times.

Pretty good for characters that you can get from the free quests since you can just farm them.

Wondering if I should burn my weapon enhancement cards, they're hogging up arcana space. Do successful enhancements move on from weapon to weapon or would they reset upon fusing a new weapon?

Shouta

They should carry over although the form of the weapon will just change but it's been a little while since I upgraded a weapon in my JP game.

Selner

Wondering if I should burn my weapon enhancement cards, they're hogging up arcana space. Do successful enhancements move on from weapon to weapon or would they reset upon fusing a new weapon?

One of the loading messages indicates that things carry over when the weapon evolves. So enhance away!

Speaking of, are the weapon evolvution cards super rare or what? I've only seen the one you get in the beginning. I'm guessing they probably also come from the special Dawning quests right now but I haven't been able to get one yet.

Uthred

How do weapons work? I picked up a long sword but do I need to equip it or do I just combine it with a sword character via enhance?

Selner

How do weapons work? I picked up a long sword but do I need to equip it or do I just combine it with a sword character via enhance?

That's what I did, and the weap changed from a C to a B on the character screen.

I was completely confused by it as well. There needs to be a different enhance window for weapons. Putting everything together is a little confusing to me.

How can I sell them for fortune rings?

Uh, good question.
Just looked... on the Enhance screen there is an option to Sell. I imagine you can sell Rare+ Arcana to get Rings. The Ring Exchange is accessible from the Taverns.

Thanks for the weapon tips. I suppose this has kinda just become the OT for this game huh?

Anyway, I've collected 210 Pryisms or whatever that currency is called. Waiting till there's a increase in rate to actually use em! (Considering raising my arcana count, though. I suppose that's important in these kinds of games too eh? To hoard em?)

butman

Liked the game a lot. Great quality for a mobile game. I really loved the artstyle. Sadly that i hate to play on phones.

Any similar games like this for 3DS/DS and Vita/PSP?

Teiran

One of the loading messages indicates that things carry over when the weapon evolves. So enhance away!

Speaking of, are the weapon evolvution cards super rare or what? I've only seen the one you get in the beginning. I'm guessing they probably also come from the special Dawning quests right now but I haven't been able to get one yet.
Yeah, the Dawning quests give you a 3* weapon evolution card of the indicated type. I've only run across a few others (3* flame/ice swords; 2* javelin) doing the "free" side quests so far.

Vylash

Hey Captains!

An alert from the front lines - we are aware that there are technical issues with the game client. We are presently investigating and will have this resolved as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you and thank you for your understanding!

Sitrus

Liked the game a lot. Great quality for a mobile game. I really loved the artstyle. Sadly that i hate to play on phones.

Any similar games like this for 3DS/DS and Vita/PSP?

The vita version is on JP PSN if you want to try it. There is a sen no kiseki collaboration right now too :)

Mknzy

I've been playing for about 10 days now and am really enjoying it so far. My main team is between level 18-27 now, and seem to be performing solidly. Quick question though, I just had a cross event trigger that when I cleared it gained me a 5* Phoena arcana, but even raised up to level 8 she is still less than half than the stats as my 4* healer I am using, and as such healing for a lot less. Is she just a weak 5*?

Lusankya

I am currently at chapter 3 story 3 and things are starting to get tough. My group isn't longer ensured to clear a stage and losing >10 AP (nearly 25% of my full AP) isn't really nice. So what is my best course of action now? Farming Prysma and the rings to get better characters (although this gets me nearly no exp)? Doing the "Free" Quests that provide silver chests or cards?

Merun

I am currently at chapter 3 story 3 and things are starting to get tough. My group isn't longer ensured to clear a stage and losing >10 AP (nearly 25% of my full AP) isn't really nice. So what is my best course of action now? Farming Prysma and the rings to get better characters (although this gets me nearly no exp)? Doing the "Free" Quests that provide silver chests or cards?

Yeah difficulty spike at chapter 3. Some other forum dedicated to the game have lots of information which can help you.

First, it's not a good idea to make a mixed team. Mixed team = more mana randomness. I run with 4 warriors( 3 from me plus a friend ), and one healer, so dual mana.

Do dailies to get enhancers. 1 or 2 stars and used them on your primary unit. 3* enhancers can be used as well but keep in mind that they are also worth 1 fortune ring. At the moment I try to get enhancers to level up my whole team.

Finally, put your best card as your leader ( meaning, not Hero lol ). 4* or 5* are preferred as people will use your leader and this give your arcana coin for the normal recruit. Normal recruit can give you some 3* from time to time. Though I heard it's possible to do the main story with good limit broken 2* like Latty (healer ) and Dusty ( warrior). I haven't farmed them yet, but they are drop from free quest in Town of Fortitude and Barrierborro.

Lusankya

Hmm, I actually have Dusty but threw him out of my team cause he always dies despite having one limit already broken.
Maybe I switch back to the three warriors set-up and replace my 3* archer with my 2* Healer.

Mknzy

I am up to 3-7 and I agree with the difficulty spike. I run a mixed team with a 3* Soldier, 3* Knight, 4* Healer, and 3* Archer. I generally bring a melee character, either knight or soldier for the guest slot, and have her strafe up and down in the back row shooting down ranged targets or adding her damage to a character that has more than one enemy on her and it works really well for me. I have little to no trouble with quests at this point up to about level 17 average. I pushed hard on the weapons sale deal to get all my characters up to their B weapons and upgraded as much as I could, which made a huge difference as well. On some of the lower level missions my soldier and knight are only taking 1 damage for most attacks. One of my strategies is to use my soldiers dash ability to get behind targets that have ranged attackers behind them so I can take those out faster or in the case of a boss, get another character in front of him so I have 3 attacking him at once, then spam the knights/archers abilities and use the healers for healing when her regular heal can't keep up.

Mknzy

I've stoped reading at F2P :( It looks cool though .. too bad.

For what it's worth, I have a fairly powerful roster inlcuding 3 4* characters and 1 5* character and I haven't spent a penny. It's probally the first F2P game that I have ever played that I don't feel like I am being handicaped by not spending money. You can earn Prysma easily enough in game doing character quests and all it is used for is to get tokens that guarentee you a 3* or greater arcana or to expand your arcana limit. You can do very well in this game with no money involved at all.

Yushi

This game is pretty darn fun. Finished everything in the story so far and all the character quest i have unlocked. My main is maxed (5*) at lvl60. Enjoying the game but slowly waitting for the more challenging things to come out later on.

Oh, and waitting for the higher rates.

I really haven't made much progress in this game since reaching the second tavern.

Just doing the daily quests has been pretty much draining my AP, lol

Elija2

I've been playing a bit of this game and it's pretty fun. What's this talk about rerolling though? I'm guessing the RNG can screw you over pretty early in this game? Oh well, I'm just gonna wing it.

My friend ID is 168,363,811 if anyone wants to add me.

Uthred

I've been playing a bit of this game and it's pretty fun. What's this talk about rerolling though? I'm guessing the RNG can screw you over pretty early in this game? Oh well, I'm just gonna wing it.

My friend ID is 168,363,811 if anyone wants to add me.

The majority of these type of games have a "Premium roulette" or "gacha" which you get a free pull off at the end of their tutorial. They also have tiered levels of recruitable units with the rarer units being more powerful/more viable in the "endgame". Rerolling is the, now time honoured, practice of playing the tutorial, rolling for your free unit and if it isnt one of these rare units deleting your data/account and running through the tutorial again (and again and again and again). Unfortunately Chain Chronicle currently has one of the lowest rates for top tier units I've seen and a very long tutorial which makes it a pain in the arse to reroll.

Elija2

The majority of these type of games have a "Premium roulette" or "gacha" which you get a free pull off at the end of their tutorial. They also have tiered levels of recruitable units with the rarer units being more powerful/more viable in the "endgame". Rerolling is the, now time honoured, practice of playing the tutorial, rolling for your free unit and if it isnt one of these rare units deleting your data/account and running through the tutorial again (and again and again and again). Unfortunately Chain Chronicle currently has one of the lowest rates for top tier units I've seen and a very long tutorial which makes it a pain in the arse to reroll.

I'm not boned if I don't start with a rare unit, am I?

Uthred

I'm not boned if I don't start with a rare unit, am I?

Unlikely, the gap between units in this game doesnt seem too wide at the moment. A rare starter generally makes the game a bit easier and gives you a leg up in the endgame. You will want one or two evenually, but you can always use your Prysma to recruit one later (and as the rate is so shit, its porbably best to save your Prysma for a special event that increases the chances of getting a rare unit)

sibarraz

Banned
Yesterday I finished chapter 1. I saw a phoena character quest ahí y only required 1 battle bit decided to skip it since I didnt has prisma. Now I cant find it, I screwed up?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm not going to have time to play this game after all. I still have 2 Early Bird codes (dunno if they still work), but it's worth a shot so I'll give them out to the first 2 people that post a pic of their hottest female unit.

(You must have posted in this thread before also)

Mknzy

Finished chapter 3. Trying to clear the 2nd part of the winter quest, but at a level 24 mission I am really struggling with it. Here is hoping I can push through. Still really enjoying the game, and taking advantage of the extra XP quests that are up now.

Jomjom

Banned
I'm not going to have time to play this game after all. I still have 2 Early Bird codes (dunno if they still work), but it's worth a shot so I'll give them out to the first 2 people that post a pic of their hottest female unit.

(You must have posted in this thread before also)

cha_2d_card_00038.png

Mknzy

Just got the three holiday weapons. They are nice upgrades if you don't have a B level weapon already, if you do it may be a bit of an upgrade bit of a downgrade. For example compared to the B weapon my healer had it lowered her possible attack stat and raised her critical stat.

gaiadyne

Didn't get too lucky with the initial draws in this game. Got Kai and Zygmunt with my premium rolls. At least I got twins eventually...

latest
latest

here's my id in case anyone wants to add me 107415127

So many blade characters! And all I ever get are spear and mace upgrade cards!

What exactly are arcana coins? At first I thought someone using my leader would grant me more AP to continue on, but I've gotten lots of friend requests, which means I must have been getting summoned a lot, but no AP. So I'm not sure exactly what arcana coins are.

Top Bottom