• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

Why would I ever think about someone I hung out with less than 5 times? Let alone 3-4 years later and remember more than a few physical features. Why would I care about them? If I cared about them wouldn't I have seen them more?

But the person in question didn't just hang out with her a couple of times, they went out for a couple of months. Big difference.

Az987

all good things
I just got matched up with someone named Tranny_Hooker. Good at giving head and playing PS3... my perfect match.

Todays the day. I'm nervous. Not so much about the date, but, about going to this place. If I don't get mugged, I'm afraid I'll get food poisoning. I tried to talk her out of it, but, she did manage to finally convince me.

Now I got to find a taxi since I don't have a car.

ZeroRay

Todays the day. I'm nervous. Not so much about the date, but, about going to this place. If I don't get mugged, I'm afraid I'll get food poisoning. I tried to talk her out of it, but, she did manage to finally convince me.

Bring a whip. Trust me.

FreeMufasa

Honestly. I don't think you should go.

Borrow a car from a friend.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
sent out 6 messages last night, wake up to 4/6 replies this morning.

SWAG

sent out 6 messages last night, wake up to 4/6 replies this morning.

SWAG

What were the messages like? You ask them out on a date or just for a chat session?

I'm worried that I scared 4 pretty girls this morning by asking them if they wanted to catch a movie.

I'm back! I think this is the start of a good relation. She is my ex, and remembers me, but, she never said anything because "I thought you knew". Anyways heres the deal i met her at the restaurant, she was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. The moment I saw her in person I knew who she was. Anyways, she hugged me and said hello. I got Fajitas, she got enchiladas and we just sorta talked.

She explained to me how she's gone through a ton of changes in her life and that she's no longer the person she was when we dated. She said "Well, during that time I had a lot going on in my life. My parents were fighting, I was failing all my classes and I had no idea who I was. I didn't begin to change until my college days when I flunked out for partying all the time. So now I'm here going to CC to be a teacher". Anyways, we had a good time and split the bill 50-50 since she thought it was better idea.

We went back to her apartment (we took the bus since she had her license removed) and at first I thought we were going to do the dirty, but, it never happened. We went into her room and the first thing I see is a red sex object on the bed and a towel. SO i said

"Having fun in here earlier?"

she turned bright red and rushes to hide it.

"yes and I was having so much fun I forgot to clean my room. Forgive me, it's not always messy."

"Not an issue my room is rarely clean. I know that feeling of having too much fun and forgetting to pick up though. I was having so much fun once that I my sister and her friends walked in on me. They never let me live it down."

"I'm so jealous. Anyways moving on!"

After that we talked more and she showed me around. Showed me her PC. Her favorite FPS is portal (though she hates the memes from it) and she loves Tribes Ascend.

She also gave me her 360, because, she doesn't want it and it's taking up space. I did offer to buy it (since my 360 is dead) but she's like "Oh no! If I was selling I would have done so already. If you want the 360 take it, please. Otherwise it'll just be here collecting dust".

Anyways she wants to go out again. Next Saturday I told her I'd pick the place. Before I left she kissed me on the cheek as a goodbye gift. *shrugs* I gotta say I'm willing to give it a shot. She's changed for the better and talking to her face to face was a pleasant experience. I dunno, I hope this works out.

Amagon

cjX6M.gif

If she changed for the better, good luck to you and her. It didn't sound like there was any bitterness between you two so thats a good thing.

I'm back! I think this is the start of a good relation. She is my ex, and remembers me, but, she never said anything because "I thought you knew". Anyways heres the deal i met her at the restaurant, she was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. The moment I saw her in person I knew who she was. Anyways, she hugged me and said hello. I got Fajitas, she got enchiladas and we just sorta talked.

She explained to me how she's gone through a ton of changes in her life and that she's no longer the person she was when we dated. She said "Well, during that time I had a lot going on in my life. My parents were fighting, I was failing all my classes and I had no idea who I was. I didn't begin to change until my college days when I flunked out for partying all the time. So now I'm here going to CC to be a teacher". Anyways, we had a good time and split the bill 50-50 since she thought it was better idea.

We went back to her apartment (we took the bus since she had her license removed) and at first I thought we were going to do the dirty, but, it never happened. We went into her room and the first thing I see is a red sex object on the bed and a towel. SO i said

"yes and I was having so much fun I forgot to clean my room. Forgive me, it's not always messy."

"Not an issue my room is rarely clean. I know that feeling of having too much fun and forgetting to pick up though. I was having so much fun once that I my sister and her friends walked in on me. They never let me live it down."

After that we talked more and she showed me around. Showed me her PC. Her favorite FPS is portal (though she hates the memes from it) and she loves Tribes Ascend.

She also gave me her 360, because, she doesn't want it and it's taking up space. I did offer to buy it (since my 360 is dead) but she's like "Oh no! If I was selling I would have done so already. If you want the 360 take it, please. Otherwise it'll just be here collecting dust".

Anyways she wants to go out again. Next Saturday I told her I'd pick the place. Before I left she kissed me on the cheek as a goodbye gift. *shrugs* I gotta say I'm willing to give it a shot. She's changed for the better and talking to her face to face was a pleasant experience. I dunno, I hope this works out.

How old are both of you?

BobLoblaw

Banned

Damn. Too late.

So wait, the story is that you sign up for OKCupid and post a thread saying that you already got a date, but that date ends up being an ex-GF?

I mean I'm happy for you and all, but that's less of an OKcupid success story and more of a serendipitous reconnection...

So wait, the story is that you sign up for OKCupid and post a thread saying that you already got a date, but that date ends up being an ex-GF?

I mean I'm happy for you and all, but that's less of an OKcupid success story and more of a serendipitous reconnection...

Probably. Dunno if it'll work out. I hope it does, but, I'm not holding my breath. If it doesn't work out at least I got myself a free xbox! I already consider this a success.

don't think, do.

you could of banged her you fool!!!!!!!!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Just hit 5/6 replies today and 2 conversations so far.... Killin' it today.

What were the messages like? You ask them out on a date or just for a chat session?

I'm worried that I scared 4 pretty girls this morning by asking them if they wanted to catch a movie.

Fellow Bay-Area gaffer, you must show me your enlightened swag ways...,

I don't really say anything special tbh, I compliment them on something I think is cool in their profile, maybe crack a joke and introduce myself and say hi.

I used to overthink it and shit, but I left that behind and just kept things casual.

Also never ask anyone out in the first message unless they are those type of people. It's pretty easy to spot them because they usually say "No BS or whatever in my life" and they like direct and honest responses, but if they leave shit like that off or the questions they answered don't seem to be in that favor, keep it light and always always introduce yourself.

I've asked some out in a single message and it is a lot more hit and miss. Usually left off to better judgement or just not doing it at all.

FreeMufasa

Glad it worked out.

You're kind of greazy though. Not knowing if your date was an ex :lol

Alucrid

Banned

It's like a not funny version of the story about using butter as lube then giving a girl an n64 game.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

Do you like piña coladas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom