• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

I'm not sure if I'm just crap at this or having a bad few days but I'm actually finding it hard to win as Jade Druid...

Why do they even print legendaries that are clearly bad? All it does is annoy people that get them from packs.

Part of it is probably to balance out stuff that summoned a legendary, so you don't always get an OP card, but I'm convinced that Blizzard think that some of the shite ones are "fun" in some way.

I'm not sure if I'm just crap at this or having a bad few days but I'm actually finding it hard to win as Jade Druid...

Part of it is probably to balance out stuff that summoned a legendary, so you don't always get an OP card, but I'm convinced that Blizzard think that some of the shite ones are "fun" in some way.

I think you're right. They clearly wanted to make freeze shaman a thing as there's even a deck recipe for it. I tried it and its rubbish.

I went Ukraine.

South Korea is the weakest team out of the 4.

Czech vs USA is a 50/50 last time they were up against each other Czech won.

South Korea vs Ukraine im going 30/70 for Ukraine.

Same boat, I am chalking it up to my inexperience of using a deck like this (and the fact that it's only 90% complete, missing a few key cards). Even then, I had immensely better luck with the f2p Hunter deck around un'goro release (reached rank 14 with ease) -- kinda stuck in limbo around rank 18; most of my losses have been against priest, pally, and occasionally mage.

Big priest caught me by surprise.

Q8D3vil

What's a good 2->Legend deck right now? (Murlocadin?) Problem I'm running into is that I'm crushing w/ Jade Druid, but the instant I hit "2", I'm immediately hitting Gamble Priest, Exodia Mage, etc. and matches are over immediately because I can't put down enough early board pressure.
You should destroy gamble priest with murloc palladin curve.
I lost tons of games after reaching rank 3 with it thanks to murloc palladins.

manhack

sorry bout the rant...the rng is just getting to me-

Damn I never got to finish reading it. I like the rants, they can be healthy.

Of course then you'll have everyone trying to tell you why you are wrong when all you really wanted to do was vent ;)

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Playing against a quest mage feels like watching a youtube video of someone else playing Hearthstone. I'm not actually getting to do anything here.

I had my first loss to upset me in a while. Guy is playing Astral Communion Druid at rank 3. He gets a massive board I can barely control with Mill Rogue. I actually have the perfect number of cards to Mill him into lethal.

He plays Nozdormu. The game's animations won't let me play my cards within the turn limit, and I lose. What a crock of bullshit. Who thought that card was a good idea?

Nordicus

Druid is kinda strong in arena as well
0c0Ujyw.jpg
Got 8-3 with the draft

Gotchaye

I haven't really played Hearthstone in a long time but I logged back in to see what Icecrown was about and got Death Knight Anduin as my free card, so I crafted a highlander deck and he's a lot of fun, especially with Raza and Lyra (which weren't cards when I was playing before). I'm currently using the cycle variant where you have a ton of 1 mana spells, but even so I'm finding a Skulking Geist to be worth it just because it auto-wins the Jade Druid matchup. They've got enough armor gain with earthen scales that I don't think I can punch through otherwise. And so far it hasn't been a huge handicap in other matches; I feel enormously favored vs Paladin and Hunter. Maybe not vs Mage, but I haven't run into many.

I haven't really played Hearthstone in a long time but I logged back in to see what Icecrown was about and got Death Knight Anduin as my free card, so I crafted a highlander deck and he's a lot of fun, especially with Raza and Lyra (which weren't cards when I was playing before). I'm currently using the cycle variant where you have a ton of 1 mana spells, but even so I'm finding a Skulking Geist to be worth it just because it auto-wins the Jade Druid matchup. They've got enough armor gain with earthen scales that I don't think I can punch through otherwise. And so far it hasn't been a huge handicap in other matches; I feel enormously favored vs Paladin and Hunter. Maybe not vs Mage, but I haven't run into many.
Done with Duelyst as well?

Some people use Prophet Velen in the deck as well.

Grief.exe

Are you running the Velen version?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I had my first loss to upset me in a while. Guy is playing Astral Communion Druid at rank 3. He gets a massive board I can barely control with Mill Rogue. I actually have the perfect number of cards to Mill him into lethal.

He plays Nozdormu. The game's animations won't let me play my cards within the turn limit, and I lose. What a crock of bullshit. Who thought that card was a good idea?

Lol. People will literally bitch about any fucking card if they lose to it.

Gotchaye

Done with Duelyst as well?

Some people use Prophet Velen in the deck as well.
Yeah, I got tired of Duelyst a little bit before the Ancient Bonds expansion came out. The Gauntlet population seemed very low such that it was matching people with very different records -- I was consistently getting 12 wins, and that really should not be happening unless I'm getting matched up against the average player much more often than people with the same record. I liked the game, though.

I've thought about Velen. He seems expensive and hard to get that much out of, since I don't have that much mana after I play him to play other cards to refresh my hero power. Whereas something like The Lich King at least gives me a card before it gets killed next turn.
Are you running the Velen version?
I just copied the one that tempostorm has up, except I swapped out a crab and an ooze for a skulking geist and the lich king. For a few days before this I was doing a deathrattle thing with an Obsidian Golem and Cairne, but I feel like I don't have enough good deathrattles for that to pay off when I resummon them with the 10-mana dude. Too bad Sylvanas is in Wild.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Yeah, I got tired of Duelyst a little bit before the Ancient Bonds expansion came out. The Gauntlet population seemed very low such that it was matching people with very different records -- I was consistently getting 12 wins, and that really should not be happening unless I'm getting matched up against the average player much more often than people with the same record. I liked the game, though.

I've thought about Velen. He seems expensive and hard to get that much out of, since I don't have that much mana after I play him to play other cards to refresh my hero power. Whereas something like The Lich King at least gives me a card before it gets killed next turn.

I just copied the one that tempostorm has up, except I swapped out a crab and an ooze for a skulking geist and the lich king. For a few days before this I was doing a deathrattle thing with an Obsidian Golem and Cairne, but I feel like I don't have enough good deathrattles for that to pay off when I resummon them with the 10-mana dude. Too bad Sylvanas is in Wild.

Velen, holy smite, mind blast is 28 damage.

Lyng

Damn I never got to finish reading it. I like the rants, they can be healthy.

Of course then you'll have everyone trying to tell you why you are wrong when all you really wanted to do was vent ;)

I am just getting fed up with rng and braindead decks like jade druid beeing the best. Any deck that requires brains to play and is good gets nerfed.

fertygo

I don't know about complaining, they mostly only care about their preparation in last prelims that started pretty soon, uncertainties about balance can fuck up their prep.

Other than that, one deck being OP is not an issue in tournament setting, they either bring counter lineup or just ban to shutdown the shit

rahji

I just experienced how shitty the brawl this week is. I had a win 5 tavern brawls quest.
Multiple times I had the 2 mana prince with a lot of 2 drops in my deck. 2 times with shaman I had the murloc fishing spell but in 2 out of 2 times I had not one murloc in my deck. what the fuck is this shit, does nobody think this through?

Dahbomb

The tournament meta just goes back to the whole Ladder being attached to tournament rankings. Ladder gives you points for tournament play but Ladder play is nothing like Tournament play. Around 40-50% of the Ladder meta is Jade Druid where as in tournament play Druid is likely to be banned out completely. Hence why we have tournament metas different from Ladder meta.

wiibomb

Checking on twitch promotion with heroes of the storm (and what they had with overwatch) I'm preeeeetty sure we are going to recieve a free legendary on the next couple of months.

greepoman

I know complaining about Jade is all the rage, but I want to take a break to complain about primordial glyph again (with regards to quest/freeze mage). Even when I win it's absolutely no fun playing against 6+ freezes and/or like 4 ice blocks.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I chose Kolento again. He got me the max number of packs last time.

I went Ukraine.

South Korea is the weakest team out of the 4.

Czech vs USA is a 50/50 last time they were up against each other Czech won.

South Korea vs Ukraine im going 30/70 for Ukraine.

Firebat was talking about this on Omnistone. He was feeling pretty confident against Czech Republic but not so much against Ukraine.

So I picked Ukraine as well.

Y'all are fuuuuuuucked.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Firebat was talking about this on Omnistone. He was feeling pretty confident against Czech Republic but not so much against Ukraine.

Y'all are fuuuuuuucked.

I don't think I've ever gotten more than one pack either and I picked USA. So there's that.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Too many people picking the obvious winners (Ukraine) means they will lose spectacularly as quickly as possible.

Lol. People will literally bitch about any fucking card if they lose to it.
Literally not being able to play out your turn is pretty dumb.

I feel you.

IMO you don't need Skulking Geist to beat Jade Druid. Sure, it's really nice, but the Anduin turn wipe should give you a clean board, and from there it isn't too hard to maintain control. The "infinite" factor is pretty low in my experience.

wiibomb

Y'all are fuuuuuuucked.

WTF, man!! Tell us before you pick!

Now I'm ready for that 1 pack, lol

manhack

I'm grinding games at rank 4, so yes I get to complain about druid:

Of the MANY druids i've faced the worst part about the OP bullshit they can do is that every deck is so varied now that you can't play against them.

It's actually worse than Shamanstone and Warriorstone. At least then there were 3 or 4 variations.

Xanathus

Y'all are fuuuuuuucked.

Are decklists/lineups known to public already? It doesn't make sense to be confident without knowing what each group will bring.

I'm grinding games at rank 4, so yes I get to complain about druid:

Of the MANY druids i've faced the worst part about the OP bullshit they can do is that every deck is so varied now that you can't play against them.

It's actually worse than Shamanstone and Warriorstone. At least then there were 3 or 4 variations.
Are you saying more deck variety is a bad thing? lol

I get complaining about a deck being overpowered, but a class having deck variety is always a good thing. Why would you want fewer gameplay options?

Bizazedo

I just howlfiended an opposing control priests two Mind Controls and two shadow word deaths.

I think my two Lich Kings are now safe to play.

Pooya

I'm more concerned that they will nerf druid and leave that Raza combo in. That thing is absurdly broken. You draw Raza + Anduin top 15, you beat anything, including Jade druid. After druid is nerfed that thing will rule the game. It's already second best class you can play.

Basically after it's down, you can never ever get a board and you either just die directly or run out of things to play. It's completely stupid. 0 cost things are broken, who would have thought.

And no, the deck is consistent. Watch RDU playing his list, you will see. It's only a matter of time for people to perfect a list. It completely nullifies any control deck more than jade druid or quest mage does, you can actually tech against those. Can't do anything against anduin.

Most of my decks fared well against priest. I am thinking of all rogue, secret DK hunter, and tempo warrior mainly.

If druid dropped off the meta, that doesn't mean the second best deck (don't even think i'ts priest anyway) becomes best.

Q8D3vil

Reached rank 3 with ez priest, kinda bored of the cheese but its fun to show aggro whats up with my giant buddies.
I'm more concerned that they will nerf druid and leave that Raza combo in. That thing is absurdly broken. You draw Raza + Anduin top 15, you beat anything, including Jade druid. After druid is nerfed that thing will rule the game. It's already second best class you can play.

Basically after it's down, you can never ever get a board and you either just die directly or run out of things to play. It's completely stupid. 0 cost things are broken, who would have thought.

And no, the deck is consistent. Watch RDU playing his list, you will see. It's only a matter of time for people to perfect a list. It completely nullifies any control deck more than jade druid or quest mage does, you can actually tech against those. Can't do anything against anduin.
I dont think ptiest will be number 2 as long as Murloc palladin exist.

Top Bottom