• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

butts

Ok, this felt really good

Hm6qk1K.jpg

Razakin

I wonder how Blizzard would handle Druid's basic set if Innervate would be moved into Hall of Fame, create another basic card to replace Innervate. Or just have Druid have one card less on Standard on basic set.

Though, I still feel it's bit too early to talk about nerfing Innervate, wouldn't it be better to let the meta stabilize somewhat and then start talking what to change?

Edit: Also, has there been changes to basic cards after original release?

If they pull innervate they might as well clean up all the classes and pull other staple cards from all sets. Ie remove the shadow words, remove fiery war axe, remove houndmaster, remove polymorph and/or frost bolt/fireball, etc.

All the classes have staple cards that the game can do without.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I would agree but the cards are already set for that crap. I saw Dog lose a game after playing one card the entire time, a doomsayer, that did nothing and he died on turn 4 anyway.

Good ol' pirate warrior.

The lingering effects of Mean Streets is just awful for the game I feel. Sucks that Patches has seemingly got away with murder and is still not changed, that set rotating will be a godsend.

High-rolling can win games. It very often doesn't happen, however. Hearthstone is so RNG-focused that occasionally winning games by RNG isn't a big issue.

I don't think winning on turn 3 is a thing that should be happening in the game, high roll or not.
Yeah. The word "uninteractive" is getting thrown around a lot in reference to OTK decks and Jade Druid, but that word also applies to losing before you even get to play the game.

I don't think winning on turn 3 is a thing that should be happening in the game, high roll or not.

For me, it depends on how consistently you can pull it off. I mostly don't mind turn 3 van cleefs because it takes a pretty all-in approach, but turn 3 hydra is just 2 cards... it's like the opponent is not even in his final form.

For me, it depends on how consistently you can pull it off. I mostly don't mind turn 3 van cleefs because it takes a pretty all-in approach, but turn 3 hydra is just 2 cards... it's like the opponent is not even in his final form.
Funny you mention that - I also faced a turn 1 Hydra yesterday!

I agree about Van Cleef, though.

BUT, I wish Coin didn't factor into his growth, just like I wish it didn't boost Waygate or Flamewaker.

If they pull innervate they might as well clean up all the classes and pull other staple cards from all sets. Ie remove the shadow words, remove fiery war axe, remove houndmaster, remove polymorph and/or frost bolt/fireball, etc.

All the classes have staple cards that the game can do without.
How often are you gonna repeat this slippery slope nonsense?

It's solely about Innervate. Win Axe would be about the only card among those to look at if at all.

Dahbomb

Some of those cards aren't even that good/auto include. Like I am always trying to have the least amount of Houndmasters in my deck as possible. If Hunters had an amazing 4 drop they would drop Houndmasters at the drop of a hat or if Hunters had a deck that wasn't all in on Beast synergies.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah. The word "uninteractive" is getting thrown around a lot in reference to OTK decks and Jade Druid, but that word also applies to losing before you even get to play the game.
I disagree because by that logic, it also applies to the games you draw high-mana cards in a bad mulligan. If you have proper cards, you can play early cards like taunts to prevent lucky aggro placement from instakilling you.

It's also a vastly better player experience than freeze/quest mage because the game has only used maybe 2-3 minutes of your time.

wrt SW Pain and Death I have a certain grievance with DK Anduin.

He breaks the rules of priest. Previously you'd prefer your minions to stay above 5 or at 4 because of Dragonfire Potion and the Shadow Words, you could reasonably play around either. With Anduin in the mix you can do little more than pray they don't have whatever you're not playing around atm.

Now you either have to completely overwheml them or have a bunch of 4/6+ threats in your deck.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
wrt SW Pain and Death I have a certain grievance with DK Anduin.

He breaks the rules of priest. Previously you'd prefer your minions to stay above 5 or at 4 because of Dragonfire Potion and the Shadow Words, you could reasonably play around either. With Anduin in the mix you can do little more than pray they don't have whatever you're not playing around atm.

Now you either have to completely overwheml them or have a bunch of 4/6+ threats in your deck.

The play around is to have both small and big minions, so he has to choose between answering one or the other.

You also only need to plan on refilling a board with big minions once, since he only has one DK.

I disagree because by that logic, it also applies to the games you draw high-mana cards in a bad mulligan. If you have proper cards, you can play early cards like taunts to prevent lucky aggro placement from instakilling you.

It's also a vastly better player experience than freeze/quest mage because the game has only used maybe 2-3 minutes of your time.

I agree with your logic! Which is why I've said this game needs both the Infinity Wars "Trading Post" mechanic and Duelyst's "Replace" mechanic. Both features would make this game a better experience.

ZeroX03

Banned
So the decks I played last meta were Pirate Warrior, Jade Druid, Exodia Mage and Token Shaman.

The decks I'm playing this meta are... exactly the same. It's nice that all I've needed to craft were two Death Knights but man it's stale already.

The play around is to have both small and big minions, so he has to choose between answering one or the other.

You also only need to plan on refilling a board with big minions once, since he only has one DK.

that only works if both small and large minions are threatening on their own and that steers one into curve decks.
He'd still have Deaths available.

kirblar

What's a good 2->Legend deck right now? (Murlocadin?) Problem I'm running into is that I'm crushing w/ Jade Druid, but the instant I hit "2", I'm immediately hitting Gamble Priest, Exodia Mage, etc. and matches are over immediately because I can't put down enough early board pressure.

What's a good 2->Legend deck right now? (Murlocadin?) Problem I'm running into is that I'm crushing w/ Jade Druid, but the instant I hit "2", I'm immediately hitting Gamble Priest, Exodia Mage, etc. and matches are over immediately because I can't put down enough early board pressure.
This is exactly my situation in Wild.

wiibomb

I went tried some dragon priest with some of the new cards, the deck is fun, but it has mixed results as the hand becomes too expensive at times and on the early game that is just a death.

Thoughts on Prince Taldaram? What deck is he used on or dust right away?

I saw him used mainly on rogue, you might want to search Hearthpwn for some decks that use him, malygos might work as karticles said.

Dahbomb

Jade Druid is favored against both of those decks. You probably just need different tech cards.

Is there even anything that shits on Druid right now? I'm not sure there is.

Shaman and Hunter used to be able to wreck Druid pretty hard but those matchups seem completely flip flopped at this point, especially in the case of Hunter.

Dahbomb

If all you are losing against is Exodia Mages then you can tech in one Eater of Secrets and blow them out.

Of course as soon as you tech in Eater of Secret you aren't going to face Exodia Mages anymore. It's just better to keep using the best deck (aka Jade Druid) and keep trucking along, waiting for some good lucky streak to push you above.

You can also use the other aggressive decks like Murloc Paladin and Token/Aggro Druid which would help you out against Jade Druid too.

royalan

Finale clicked with my Mage deck. I dunno what happened, but something about my new deck, suddenly the game makes sense and I'm climbing up in rankings. Just had a 7 win streak...

...and I matched up with a warrior.

Ugh...how do you beat a decent warrior deck as a Mage? I don't really have problems beating jade druids with this current deck...but I get stopped in my tracks by warrior decks.

wiibomb

If all you are losing against is Exodia Mages then you can tech in one Eater of Secrets and blow them out.

Of course as soon as you tech in Eater of Secret you aren't going to face Exodia Mages anymore. It's just better to keep using the best deck (aka Jade Druid) and keep trucking along, waiting for some good lucky streak to push you above.

You can also use the other aggressive decks like Murloc Paladin and Token/Aggro Druid which would help you out against Jade Druid too.

I just started running 1 silence in my dragon priest because of those mages. I found that most of the time they sit on a freeze effect without a block thinking they can be safe since I can't so anything about it.

Dahbomb

You probably should carry one silence anyway especially as Druid. You don't want to get screwed over by a Doomsayer play either.

Some of those cards aren't even that good/auto include. Like I am always trying to have the least amount of Houndmasters in my deck as possible. If Hunters had an amazing 4 drop they would drop Houndmasters at the drop of a hat or if Hunters had a deck that wasn't all in on Beast synergies.

you usually always include fireball, polymorph, war axe, the priest words, hunter....has alotta shitty cards I'll be honest. Maybe the tiger.

But there are some cards that are always auto include that we can do without.

Pooya

yeah I hope hunter gets a deck that has nothing to do with beasts. I'm not sure why they're so focused on beasts while every other class has a dozen different things to do. I like secret hunter, it needs more tools for board control though, you just get rekt by face decks.

Cockmagic

Neo Member
Spend thousands of dust to play lower tier? naaaaaaaaaaah

I crafted the warlock dk and running the Kazakus version with krul at rank 3. It's not tier 1 or even tier 2, but it's not stale. Ofc, it's much more fun when you're playing a control mirror. Try it if you're bored.

Hycran

Banned
Pulled Frost Lich Jaina. Anybody have a decent list with her as the pin? I assume Pyros is pretty mandatory in this deck, eh?

There really isn't a consensus on what s good FLJ deck looks like, but ultimately its biggest weakness is that even if you can generate a shit load of frost elementals the threats in priest, Druid and paladin just get too big.

I'd say just build a tempo style she'll with some burn, some gas, and maybe tech Jaina in.

ZeroX03

Banned
Man I never get lucky enough to do crazy Druid ramp so I never see how it's broken, but my opponent just hit ten mana and Ultimate Infestation on turn 6. Jesus.

I crafted the warlock dk and running the Kazakus version with krul at rank 3. It's not tier 1 or even tier 2, but it's not stale. Ofc, it's much more fun when you're playing a control mirror. Try it if you're bored.

Yeah my friend built it and he swears by how fun it is.

So Moorabi is complete trash right? Is there any hope for the card or should I just dust it? I tried to make a freeze shaman but it's really bad.

Has anyone made valeera DK work yet?

Blizzard

Banned
So Moorabi is complete trash right? Is there any hope for the card or should I just dust it? I tried to make a freeze shaman but it's really bad.

Has anyone made valeera DK work yet?
It's probably a bad idea to dust legendaries unless you want to open the same legendaries again later.

It's probably a bad idea to dust legendaries unless you want to open the same legendaries again later.

Oh yeah, hadn't thought of that.

Man, why did my only two legendaries of this set have to be complete garbage?

Why do they even print legendaries that are clearly bad? All it does is annoy people that get them from packs.

Top Bottom