• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RalchAC

Finally able to consistently beat the Z raid using a team of:

Marco
Nami
Tesoro
Senor Pink
Impact

+ Nearly any PHY lead friend

No one has any SP levels, and none are even max level, so I have to stall a bit to get everyone charged up. Luckily you can stall easily in this raid. With 1 Marco, you can tank a boss hit and survive. With 2 Marcos, you can tank 2 hits. Add in Nami, and you can survive 3 boss hits, which is overkill. 2 is enough, if that.

And for whatever reason, I simply cannot get a perfect hit with Senor Pink. I think it's a mental thing by this point. I'm 0 out of 200000 attempts.

You know you are looking at that ass lol. I love how his attack animation is just a fart. So hardboiled!

Since Sengoku got a huge buff I thought Boa would be the next legend to get a buff. Hopefully some earlier chars get better specials (Ray, SW Shanks) or captain ability like Boa.

I thought that would be good enough but not gamebreaking. I dunno, it would be cool if they found a way to not maker her just a worst version of Marco.

If you're only a few weeks in, it's probably pretty unlikely you'll be able to farm Shiki. Shiki is really hard, even if you have QCK legends. There are people who have been playing for hundreds of days and won't be able to farm him. Enel is definitely required for the majority of teams.

You might be able to clear 40 stamina for a copy though.

I've got just one copy so far. I may try to get a bunch of them. My team would be something like:

Enel / Enel
Lucci / Kaku
Leo / Ace

But I'm not going to try to max him, since I have Caesar.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I was wondering...what kind of Sockets are used on Zephyr ? I dont have Ace but would love to team up with Friend Captains that own him.

bobohoro

I was wondering...what kind of Sockets are used on Zephyr ? I dont have Ace but would love to team up with Friend Captains that own him.

Having had the same question earlier this week, I decided to go with CD/AH after getting some advice in here and reading up on it a bit. Shooter teams get quite a bit of sockets, especially with a SW Ace friend, so you can cover Bind/Despair pretty easily. And if you ever pull SW Ace, you'd probably regret not going the more variable route with Zephyr.

Farmed up 20 copies today. Was nice and easy, but didn't quite have the time for it. Should need about 30-40 more next tuesday to be done with him.

Majukun

Awww, that's a shame. I was looking at Shiki again and a plan actually occurred to me that could work if I decided to bumrush the story and get Lucci to drop no matter what:

nQznHIi.png

This is the proposed plan:

Code:
4.654.449 - Shiki's base HP

Turn 1 - Reroll for Marco as captain, Use Leo's, Lucci's, Enel's, then Marco's specials
Damage: 930.900 from Leo's special, 2.122.726 from matching orbs on both Enels and Leo
Shiki - 1.600.874 Me - 6122

Turn 2 - Reroll for Leo, smash Shiki with orbs from last turn
Damage: 819.680 from matching orbs from last turn
Shiki - 781.194 Me - 284

Turn 3 - Sugar special

Turn 4 - Enel special

This would do it by a razor's margin, but I'm operating under the assumption that there's some point on the stage where I can stall for Enel's unmaxed special. The question is, should I go and start farming for Lucci?
stalling with enel+marco is really tight in shiki's stage,i don't think you can do it with an unmaxed enel

is it possible to easily stall with a double ener though since you can outheal some of the goons along the way

i used

2x enel
mihawk
doflamingo
gladius
leopard lucci

and it works really well, first turn burst forcing him to switch gladius as captain with the re-start trick, but it can probably work for a 3rd turn burst too

cw_sasuke

Having had the same question earlier this week, I decided to go with CD/AH after getting some advice in here and reading up on it a bit. Shooter teams get quite a bit of sockets, especially with a SW Ace friend, so you can cover Bind/Despair pretty easily. And if you ever pull SW Ace, you'd probably regret not going the more variable route with Zephyr.

Farmed up 20 copies today. Was nice and easy, but didn't quite have the time for it. Should need about 30-40 more next tuesday to be done with him.

Alright thanks - i will go for Autoheal and Cooldown as well. I checked again i already have Bind/Despair on Golden Pound and Heracles. Blackbeard also had Bind...so probably best to chose something else for Zephyr.

EMT0

Banned
stalling with enel+marco is really tight in shiki's stage,i don't think you can do it with an unmaxed enel

is it possible to easily stall with a double ener though since you can outheal some of the goons along the way

i used

2x enel
mihawk
doflamingo
gladius
leopard lucci

and it works really well, first turn burst forcing him to switch gladius as captain with the re-start trick, but it can probably work for a 3rd turn burst too

Excellent, that was the plan. I was actually just posting the team composition on the 1st turn of the battle, post-switch by accident. :s

EDIT: The game has perfect timing. I maxed out Ain's special on my last batch of 5, and got my last bind socket on the last dupe. That's 50 Zephyrs done for today, Tuesday can't come soon enough

Hana-Bi

Will run Shiki with a double Enel team too.

And with legend Doffy and Lucci in the middle and Gladius and WB in the bottom row I'll burst him down on turn one. :)

MiTYH

Sitting on 20 Zs and Ains from two gems and a level up. I'm gonna wait until the skillful event next week to gen more but I'm in it to max him. Only after rng fails me

Remember, 20 copies of a disappearing raid boss > pulling miss goldenweek.

Sitting on 20 Zs and Ains from two gems and a level up. I'm gonna wait until the skillful event next week to gen more but I'm in it to max him. Only after rng fails me

Remember, 20 copies of a disappearing raid boss > pulling miss goldenweek.

Basically one of the first times I ever gemmed for a raid boss, aside from half stamina doflamingo.

Have to say, you get quite a bit of bang for your buck in terms of copies when you gem; 3 gems + a level up netted me a good 23 zephyrs and ains.

It's a shame that 60 Stamina shiki's just out of my league, they really screwed us over by making him a limited time character at a point in time where it's nearly impossible to farm him unless you got a super lucky f2p pull like legend doffy. /:

But I'm fine with just maxing old Zeph & Tesoro. I don't actually have any real spot for Shiki right now anyway.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Basically one of the first times I ever gemmed for a raid boss, aside from half stamina doflamingo.

Have to say, you get quite a bit of bang for your buck in terms of copies when you gem; 3 gems + a level up netted me a good 23 zephyrs and ains.

It's a shame that 60 Stamina shiki's just out of my league, they really screwed us over by making him a limited time character at a point in time where it's nearly impossible to farm him unless you got a super lucky f2p pull like legend doffy. /:

But I'm fine with just maxing old Zeph & Tesoro. I don't actually have any real spot for Shiki right now anyway.
Bruh, he's simple with a f2p team, no luck needed.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Was only able to get around 20 of Z. Just no time to farm today. Will get the other 30 or 40 I need next week I guess. Need to go hard on him while the double up is active.

Time to theorycraft for next boss!

11 Z off natural stamina. Need 5 skill ups, so I may drop a few gems on him next time.

I already maxed Tesoro, so that raid day is a skip.

I'll likely just ignore Shiki too. He needs 14 skill ups, lol. I don't even remember if I beat him at 60 or not. While I do have Lao G, I never run Driven teams. I'll do so if I ever get Caesar, which would make Shiki less important anyways. If I ever need a tanky 2x Shiki Driven team, I'll just rely on my FC for the skill, :p.

Adeptrain

Using no gems and only stamina netted me 7 zephyr copies :/ I'm saving up gems for the next round though so I can get as many as I can.

On a side note, the drop on croc books must be absurdly low cause I haven't seen one in 5 runs o_O

Jayhawk

17 more copies of colo Kid for skill levels later this month.

Considering how good colo Coby is for Fujitora teams, maybe I should completely ignore farming Shiki. Don't want to burn myself out on this game.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Should I be farming any of these colo levels? I've always ignored them because I have so much other stuff to do.

cw_sasuke

Managed to farm 40 Zephyr copies. My plan is to go natural stamina on the next date and the finish him off during 2x Skillup depending on how many i still need.

Fed Ain because of space issues....40 copies netted me like 3 skillups...lol.

Will check out Secret Garden today.

Adeptrain

Gah!! I have too much to do and no gems to refill stamina ㅜㅜ

I need croc books, but 30stam for a small chance seems wasteful.

I need to do the new colo for colby at least, for my fuji team.

I need breed copies!! This is the first time for me he's been around and he's useful.

I need more Zephyr and Gild's.

And I need LL books, Croc books, SW Zorro books...gah!!

Kyou

all things considered Coby is really easy compared to some of the stages that come before him

...except I accidentally had my sugar on the right side and she got locked for the second phase and I ended up getting super lucky and just barely killing him

cw_sasuke

I never realized that Heracles active lets you shuffle around orbs 3 times after he sets up the board. Totally missed the second part of his active and thought he was crap because of it ...pretty great skill.

Mr. Tanaka has also a useful skill - kinda wish i saved up the couple skillbooks i got for him. Well...cant have it all.

MiTYH

Gah!! I have too much to do and no gems to refill stamina ㅜㅜ

I need croc books, but 30stam for a small chance seems wasteful.

I need to do the new colo for colby at least, for my fuji team.

I need breed copies!! This is the first time for me he's been around and he's useful.

I need more Zephyr and Gild's.

And I need LL books, Croc books, SW Zorro books...gah!!

Out of all of this, Z and Gild and Breed should be your priority. They never come back, everything else does.

You haven't max leveled your Enel at least?

I'm at over 650 days and I don't even have a max Enel yet. It's embarrassing

But new coliseum! Anyone see guides for the chaos stuff yet? Still working my way through lower difficulties

cw_sasuke

Out of all of this, Z and Gild and Breed should be your priority. They never come back, everything else does.

Wow...Breed has quite the useful active - probably too late to max skill him for me though.

Edit:

Are you sure Breed isnt coming back ?

bjork

Got 32 Zephyrs, but I fed Ains as I went and got her skill maxed. Still not max level, though. Soon enough.

I need to put together a Shiki team and I think I have all the key units, just not the levels or the skill ups to really do damage quickly enough. We'll see.

You haven't max leveled your Enel at least?

I always plan to do it with dupes, and then I run his thing like four or five times and stop. My Enel is shameful, it's like level 67 or something and skill level 1.

RalchAC

I'm at over 650 days and I don't even have a max Enel yet. It's embarrassing

But new coliseum! Anyone see guides for the chaos stuff yet? Still working my way through lower difficulties

I don't have him maxed in 470 days either. I took a 6 months break after his first appearance, I think.

Still, I have a team to do it. He just needs to appear in Friday because I can barely farm on Mondays.

MiTYH

I don't have him maxed in 470 days either. I took a 6 months break after his first appearance, I think.

Still, I have a team to do it. He just needs to appear in Friday because I can barely farm on Mondays.

Yeah it took me too long to get a consistent team. It's the 60-stamina thing that hurts me, that and I won't gem for him. I can farm him for a day, get 5 copies, and one skillup during a x2 rate. Slow goings. I just want him to appear for a clash of whatever event, that's how I got Doffy maxed

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=225885573&postcount=15282

But Breed isnt part of the Movie Islands that will be gone...or am i missing something ?

That's my bad. I really thought he was a movie, but you're right, he's not, he's just anime only. No need to farm Breed to badly then!

Adeptrain

That's my bad. I really thought he was a movie, but you're right, he's not, he's just anime only. No need to farm Breed to badly then!

Oh thank the gods. At least one less character I have to worry about this time around! Definitely z and gild then, with breed and croc book in between

EMT0

Banned
Is it generally accepted that Shiki isn't that "necessary"?

Kind of. If you're an ardent F2P player that never ever ever pulls on Sugofests, then he's necessary as he's the best F2P Driven booster in the game. Thing is though, Driven is basically not a coherent class unless you've got the devils luck on the few pulls you do, or are already P2P to some extent to begin with. If you do pulls, then Caesar Clown is easily superior to Shiki as a Driven booster(2 turns vs. 1 turn of 1.75x to Driven units), making him replaceable. Shiki's orb manipulation aspect can be overlooked because Driven has a very large number of orb manipulators/matchers, like the Kid + Pica combo mentioned on this page.

I still figure he's worth having as one-of either way, though.

RedBoot

The log characters weren't the reason why we skipped some colosseums, huh?

Yeah, I was surprised to see Brook in there.

No, I think the point there was to speed up our colo releases. We'll probably see the ones we skipped tossed into future releases, much like how Coby was added here. It's kind of lame, since we won't get quite as much farming time for some units, but it's doable (unlike fortnights, which really can't be sped up in any fair way). At least we should see strong colo units like Vista and Killer much earlier.

Working my way through the colos, just got all the Chaos levels left (aka the ones I have to pay attention to). I wasn't sure whether I should farm Ace or Coby since neither is immediately useful to me. It's basically asking whether I think I'm more likely to pull Fujitora (for Coby) or Legend Jimbe (for Ace). But I think I'm going to go with Ace if I'm actually capable of farming him efficiently, which I think I will be. Just makes more sense to go for the Chaos-only ones by default.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is it generally accepted that Shiki isn't that "necessary"?

Kind of. If you're an ardent F2P player that never ever ever pulls on Sugofests, then he's necessary as he's the best F2P Driven booster in the game. Thing is though, Driven is basically not a coherent class unless you've got the devils luck on the few pulls you do, or are already P2P to some extent to begin with. If you do pulls, then Caesar Clown is easily superior to Shiki as a Driven booster(2 turns vs. 1 turn of 1.75x to Driven units), making him replaceable. Shiki's orb manipulation aspect can be overlooked because Driven has a very large number of orb manipulators/matchers, like the Kid + Pica combo mentioned on this page.

I still figure he's worth having as one-of either way, though.

While I wouldn't say Shiki is necessary to have, he does serve different functions from Caeser and he's absolutely worth farming for Driven teams.

Shiki has a lower cooldown, which allows him to combo with maxed Legend Doffy for quicker runs when you only need one turn of burst. And having both orb manipulation and class boost in one character frees up utility slots on your team.

He also acts as a good STR slasher orb manipulator and self booster, which is kind of rare.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I dont think you'll find shiki in many general purpose teams 100% of the time the way heracles and SW franky/legend marco are always part of ace teams. He does have a niche as a slasher and driven sub (especially for dex content), and I have seen him on double fuji invasion teams. He also is a good F2P driven lead, the driven version of raid doffy.

He has a lot of uses, he just isn't the top choice for any specific role as manipulator, booster, etc.

cw_sasuke

Thanks God - this would have been just way too much ...back to Secret Garden xD

EMT0

Banned
I got a copy of every single unit from Count Butler's FN but the Vergo/Koala books.....it hurts :( I may decide to gem a bit tomorrow and power through 15-20 books of each. Thankfully they're low cooldown characters to begin with so I can feel good about having knocked out a few levels of each, even if I don't max them.

Is Count Butler's FN worth gemming on? None of the featured units seem all that useful and the books can be dropped elsewhere.

There aren't even enough Driven Powerhouse units to use the Count as a 2.625x Captain team, unlike the PSY Driven / PSY Cerebral options for Tesoro.

Hana-Bi

Only need to do the chaos colo runs now but I really hate that we still don't have the sb for so many legends. :( A maxed IntHawk would be great...

Tidd

Is Count Butler's FN worth gemming on? None of the featured units seem all that useful and the books can be dropped elsewhere.

There aren't even enough Driven Powerhouse units to use the Count as a 2.625x Captain team, unlike the PSY Driven / PSY Cerebral options for Tesoro.

Just gem if you need skill books otherwise I wouldn't do it.

EMT0

Banned

For Butler? Nah, not really. He can be useful for the Dr. Indigo fortnight though IIRC. I'm in it for the books, since Vergo books won't drop again until we get the Pekoms fortnight, which only just dropped in Japan. I'd be waiting an eternity for a chance to max him out again.

bjork

I forgot about the whip guy in the Butler FN. I really kinda hate that dude, I forget my strategy. Maybe a Striker Croc? It's been too long and it wasn't even that long ago!

RalchAC

Yeah it took me too long to get a consistent team. It's the 60-stamina thing that hurts me, that and I won't gem for him. I can farm him for a day, get 5 copies, and one skillup during a x2 rate. Slow goings. I just want him to appear for a clash of whatever event, that's how I got Doffy maxed

I just need for him to appear on Friday. But yeah, a New Year Clash of Clashes would be cool though. Christmas Holidays in Spain finish the 7th of January (at least for students), so I'd have plenty of time to run raids (eventhough I'd need to study for my final exams).

Top Bottom