• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox getting into video games with FoxNext division

joms5

Please make a Die Hard game.

Let me rephrase that. Please make a GOOD Die Hard game.

Haven't played one since Die Hard Trilogy on the PS1. It's been too long.

Nasreddin

4w7j3yu.jpg

Flux

Alt Right: journey to the gamer gate.
Alt right 2: Russian boogaloo
Alt right 3: Fake news strikes back

I need an In Living Color game reprising the whole cast for voice work.

cjZAsKC.jpg

Design blueprint should be: The Sims x Wario Ware x Doublefine (maybe)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This a very good thread to post my wishes for an Alien Isolation 2.

Busty

Banned
Remember when Sony Pictures had their own internal video game development team? IIRC they developed a side scrolling God Of War game for mobiles.

Given how Warners are raking in cash hand over fist through their gaming division it doesn't surprise me that another studio is dipping their toe in a little too..., just to test the water.

While I'm doubtful of a significant step into the AAA market after Alien Isolation underperformed relative to its cost, perhaps this will provide the hope for another entry into the 28 Days Later series.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fox, please look into whether you own the No One Lives Forever rights.

My understanding is that NOLF is a three-way split:

My research into the matter leads me to believe that the IP is indeed split three ways: Fox owns the games themselves (as per Copyright.gov); Activision, by way of the merger with Vivendi Games back in 2007, owns the NOLF trademark (as per this assignment document detailing the transfer of ownership from Fox); and, as mentioned above, WB owns the trademarks to the subtitles of the later two entries in the series (as per this assignment document detailing the transfer of ownership from Monolith). It's possible that Fox sold the games themselves in addition to the trademark, but there's no record of this on Copyright.gov, plus the sale occurred in 2007, so if Fox did sell the games, it'd surely have its own physical and digital records -- and surely someone involved with the communication link to Night Dive would have been aware of the games being let go.

This.

And release AVP2 on Steam/GOG while we're at it.

That may actually happen, finally; Fox owns the game as well as the IP.

Top Bottom