• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Puts Anime in Zoo and Penguin Adopts a Waifu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy

Why is that happening? Like what's in the drawing that is triggering his obsession?

Moe%2521.png

moe~

Gravidee

The penguins at the Toronto Zoo just stare at the door waiting for it to open towards the end of the day

Penguins like to stare at things

Wb97ZZM.jpg

For some reason, the lighting in this photo makes it look like it's from a game. You even have the "unloaded textures" on the walls.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore

Great, now I did too.

I think I'll just shoot myself.

Japari Park is a large zoo home to extant species, endangered species, extinct species, cryptids and some legendary creatures. Due to a mysterious substance known as "Sandstar", all the animals have become anthropomorphized into girls known as Friends (フレンズ Furenzu?) -Wikipedia

Rofl

McNum

This is pretty cute. Cute animals doing silly things is a great mood boost, so thanks for posting this.

I had to read that title twice before my mind would accept that, yes, it did just say a penguin had adopted a waifu, and that it meant exactly that.

Kemono Friends is so fucking weird. Its a cancelled mobile game that got turned into an extremely low effort anime with bad cgi then it exploded in popularity because of memes. I guess the mysterious draw extends to animals too.

Omadahl

Banned
I'm sorry, but it's not really cute. A cardboard cutout was killing a penguin with it's weird obsession. It's another one of those, "only in Japan" moments.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
That pic of little dude behind a net while he stares longingly at his waifu is the funniest fucking thing.

Also Kemono Friends got so popular it had a tangible effect on zoo attendance, so they started doing stuff like this. All from a cancelled mobile game.

Fancolors

I still don't get the appeal of Kemono Friends. The integration of 3d characters with the 2d backgrounds just turned me off.

But good for the zoos in Japan I suppose.

Spladam

So I consulted Wikipedia to understand what the hell is going on here, for those who are curious, this is the plot of Kemono Friends:
Japari Park is a large zoo home to extant species, endangered species, extinct species, cryptids and some legendary creatures. Due to a mysterious substance known as "Sandstar", all the animals have become anthropomorphized into girls known as Friends (フレンズ Furenzu?).[2]

The manga follows a park keeper named Nana who looks after the various Friends in Japari Park. In the anime, a girl known only as Kaban wakes up in Japari Park with no recollection of who she is or how she got there and encounters a Serval friend. Together, they set out on an adventure to find out what kind of animal Kaban is, passing through multiple regions of Japari Park and meeting new Friends along the way.
Is Japan a real place?

Anime is a drug, don't even play it out like its not. Y'all addicted, and this penguin fell victim as well.

You guys crack me up.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Honestly this and the story of the two male penguins that were into each other and used a rock as an egg substitute facinate me xD it's always interesting to see animals act beyond what we think of as their natural order of things

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I read the plot summary on Wikipedia and don't understand these reactions. It sounds like a regular children cartoon with anthropomorphized animals.

All of the animals turn into little girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom