• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Anime of the Year 2016 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traditionally, I always watch the highest-ranked show that I never saw, which this year is...Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.

God dammit.

I hope it's less boring than it looks.

It's a genre defining masterpiece that utilizes character animation and voice acting in ways that are above pretty much every other anime out there.

Jex

Erased being in the top 10 is disgusting. Shame on everyone who voted for it.

The only show that really got robbed is Kuromukuro, but that was Netflix's fault.

Grexeno

One Punch Man S2 will be AOTY 2017 and one man's work will have won 3 years in a row.

:p

Voting comparison:

1 > 3
2 > 2
3 > 1
4 > 7
5 > 14
6 > 9
7 > 15
8 > 12
9 > 30
10 > 10

Only 1 show not in the top 20. Only 4 not in the top 10. And the GAF Top 3 are my top 3.

Go me.

Cornbread78

If 'Totally Official Results' was a joke banner by me for my ballot to say they weren't the official results does that mean these having the same name makes these a bad knock-off of the totally official results that is my ballot?

Nah, I just didn't want to bother you for a new banner, so I just used that one as it was already posted, lol. It works well

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yuri on Ice robbed. Animegaf hates the gays confirmed.

Korigama

Didn't watch a great deal of 2016 shows, just some here and there, so I didn't vote. Still feels like Macross Delta ranked higher than it deserved, even with such a low rank, but that's just my own disappointment with it talking.

LotusHD

Banned
Erased being in the top 10 is disgusting. Shame on everyone who voted for it.

Erased's placement is perfect. Those first 9 episodes were amazing enough that I felt that it deserved to be at the very bottom of the list, even though I personally hate weak endings. I'm guessing a lot of people felt similarly.

Narag

I think people spent more time trying to get the OP acceptable than anyone (other than TUSR) did counting.

phaze

Bit surprised at how low Sangatsu no Lion is, thought it had a bigger following than this, even if in the community thread alone.

Cornbread78

I'm pretty sure Haly was joking, but the way you answered make it sounds you actually hate it because it was gay.

Oh hell no. It was a joke to begin with, but I specified I dropped it BEFORE there was yaoi involved; I just wasn't feeling it. Not that I'm into yuri/yaoi anime regardless. I'm possitive many enjoyed thevshow specifically because it's progressive depiction of an openly gay ship.

I read it this way too and it's really uncomfortable, especially with the Doukyuusei "joke" and the diversity line.

Oh goodness, your reading waaaay too much into that. I just removed it all together so nobody else takes it the wrong way..

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Bit surprised at how low Sangatsu no Lion is, thought it had a bigger following than this, even if in the community thread alone.
I'm just going to vote for it on a 2017 ballot. With how the later episodes are so much better than the early ones I don't feel super bad about omitting it for 2016. It's a top three slot contender for this year though.

Kansoku

My Rank - Result Rank

1 - 1
2 - 36
3 - 48
4 - 26
5 - 39
6 - 14
7 - 3
8 - 17
9 - 23
10 - 9

Clearly you all have awful taste.

But seriously, this year had some good shit. Tho I'm really surprised with the position of some animes. I feel sad seeing WWW.Working!! at 39, 3gatsu at 36, Occultic;9 at 48 (I expected it to be lower but not so low ;-;) and Girlish Number at 26.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Season 1 just wasn't very good and a lot of people dropped it half way in. Season two is a lot better though.

Jex

Erased's placement is perfect. Those first 9 episodes were amazing enough that I felt that it deserved to be at the very bottom of the list, even though I personally hate weak endings. I'm guessing a lot of people felt similarly.

I could be on-board with that argument is there were 10 anime that aired in 2016, of which Erased was the bottom ranked one.

That, however, was not the case.

A slow and not intesresting start made it so many people probably dropped it(myself included)

I don't even remember seeing that many people post about it int the anime thread.

phaze

I'm just going to vote for it on a 2017 ballot. With how the later episodes are so much better than the early ones I don't feel super bad about omitting it for 2016. It's a top three slot contender for this year though.

Season 1 just wasn't very good and a lot of people dropped it half way in. Season two is a lot better though.

I guess I might have mistook the more recent reception for the overall feeling, especially since I was and remained a believer from pretty much the beginning.

A slow and not intesresting start made it so many people probably dropped it(myself included)

I don't even remember seeing that many people post about it int the anime thread.

Worked for MHA though.

Rion

Disappointing list. Comparing to the previous 5 years, this list is absolutely terrible. Only one of these I can agree with, which is re zero at 8th. Everything else is either overrated or terrible.

KraytarJ

My rankings
1 > 8
2 > 29
3 > 9
4 > 3
5 > 13
6 > 1
7 > 26
8 > 10
9 > 11
10 > 4

6 in the top 10, 8 in the top 20. Not bad animeGAF.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Am I the only one who watched Sakamoto or what

Where the fuck is it animegaf

I thought you had good taste

Sakamoto was ok, but doesn't compare to Konosuba.

Sakamoto would have ended up on my top 10 list if I voted, but mainly because I watched less than 10 series last year to completion and I didn't want to put in a vote due to that.

I only voted for JoJo and Mob so I feel ok with this list because I don't care about 3-10.

But seriously Cornbread, why does the JoJo picture have some weird guys face in the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom