• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official hype thread: This is Sakura Wars, and this is why YOU should be excited!!

duckroll

VegaShinra said:
NIS America announced today that due to high demand for dual voiceovers, Sakura Wars will be available in a premium package with a dual disc setup and a special art cover. Disc 1 will include the game with English voices, and disc 2 will include the Japanese voice track. Fans of Sakura Wars can expect a collector’s item art cover for this edition.

Dude, did you even read the thread? This news is 3 days old.

VegaShinra

duckroll said:
Dude, did you even read the thread? This news is 3 days old.
Maybe the voice part is, but not the collector’s item art cover. :D

I just saw the press release for it along with Atelier Annie and the Disgaea 3 trophy stuff. Silconera is a few days ahead of the NISA PR team apparently.

I finished Sakura Taisen 3 recently and I'm not going to lie, I was kinda underwhelmed. it had a lot of good parts in the story, action parts with the Koubos (which may look kinda strange at first but then you really start to like the design, I wish I could get a hobby model of one of those.), I liked the modern aspect of the game and the battle system. But some of the dialogue was just to...JRPG, I never felt that I truly connected with many of the characters, I'll admit, part of the problem was the flipping from translation guide, but nevertheless nothing ever really stuck out, my end girl
Lobelia
relationship with the MC seemed rushed towards the end.

I'll try ST 1 & 2 are they any better?

RurouniZel said:
My local Gamestops have gotten tired of my asking.

Yes I said GamestopS, 'cause I'm gonna pre-order both Wii and PS2 in each store XD
Whoa! you pre order for other people! that is SO AWESOME!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
octopusman said:
Whoa! you pre order for other people! that is SO AWESOME!

Only when it's a game I REALLY care about and want other people to play. :)

octopusman said:
I'll try ST 1 & 2 are they any better?

Yes they are. If you're going to play the PSP version, I would highly recommend having custom firmware so you can play directly off the ISO and lose the load times. Saturn and Dreamcast don't really have this problem though. :)

Anso

I'm kicking myself for not getting a US PS2.. Now I've got ~200 PAL PS2 games so it doesn't feel worth it to invest in a new collection. Still, this sounds pretty damn hot. Who knows, maybe TecmoKoei will be nice again :3

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder which version will be better.

I'm kicking myself for not getting a US PS2.. Now I've got ~200 PAL PS2 games so it doesn't feel worth it to invest in a new collection. Still, this sounds pretty damn hot. Who knows, maybe TecmoKoei will be nice again :3
You could just import the NA version of ether and a freeloader.

Wow the youtube video really sold me on the game. I guess we have to wait until September 24 for the english versions video?

The special edition is only going to be available on the site that NIS uses as their seller, right?

RurouniZel

Dedication Through Light said:
Wow the youtube video really sold me on the game. I guess we have to wait until September 24 for the english versions video?

The special edition is only going to be available on the site that NIS uses as their seller, right?

I think the Premium with special item may be website only, but as far as I understand it, the 2-disc set is standard.

Hcoregamer00 said:
Someone should let me know when we can preorder the game from amazon.

Just checked, pre-order is up.

PS2
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002DC8GW2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Wii
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002DC8GWC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Right now they're listing the Wii version as $10 more though, I wonder if that's official or if that's just Amazon. I hope they're the same price, but I suppose only time will tell.

Alucrid

Banned
Hmm, this seems like one of those games that will be impossible to find after a month...I guess I'll order it online then.

kiryogi

Banned
RurouniZel said:
o_o They did? I must have missed that, link?

That said, they changed Rika's name too D:

In Nintendo Power.

The New York Combat Revue:
Gemini Sunrise
Cheiron Archer (changed)
Rosita Aries (partially changed)
Diana Caprice
Subaru Kujou
Ratchet Altair

Other interesting tidbits:
Largest project in NISA's history
70,000 lines of text
10,000 voiceovers (that means FULL! XD)
Wii-specific functionality includes pointer controls for camera
Dual disk packaging plus bonus item TBA
NISA's Ryuta Sato: "Our localization team put in a lot of time on this title because we know that there is a huge fan base for the Sakura Wars series, and we wanted to make sure everything was perfect"

RurouniZel

Well, that's what I get for being out a week. Not sure what to think of Sagitta's name change (doesn't make much sense to me unless I'm missing something). Rikurita's I can kinda understand, Rosita does sound a little more like a Spanish name.

The other names are the same though, and it's not the first time N1's changed a name or two (Disgaea 2's Akutare becoming Axel off the top of my head). I'll get over it. :)

kiryogi

Banned
RurouniZel said:
Well, that's what I get for being out a week. Not sure what to think of Sagitta's name change (doesn't make much sense to me unless I'm missing something). Rikurita's I can kinda understand, Rosita does sound a little more like a Spanish name.

The other names are the same though, and it's not the first time N1's changed a name or two (Disgaea 2's Akutare becoming Axel off the top of my head). I'll get over it. :)

Did you miss the bit how they're now called the New York COMBAT Revue as well? not as big of a deal but stilll a change. Sagittas makes sense in the fact that the girls were named after constellations. But Sagitta was the only one that didn't have a star-based name. Eeeeh about it but what can you say?

RurouniZel

kiryogi said:
Did you miss the bit how they're now called the New York COMBAT Revue as well? not as big of a deal but stilll a change. Sagittas makes sense in the fact that the girls were named after constellations. But Sagitta was the only one that didn't have a star-based name. Eeeeh about it but what can you say?

Actually, I thought Sagitta was supposed to be a shortening of Sagittarius. Either way, names I can deal with so long as they don't muck with the story and personalities of the characters.

botticus

RurouniZel said:
I think the Premium with special item may be website only, but as far as I understand it, the 2-disc set is standard.

Just checked, pre-order is up.

PS2
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002DC8GW2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Wii
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002DC8GWC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Right now they're listing the Wii version as $10 more though, I wonder if that's official or if that's just Amazon. I hope they're the same price, but I suppose only time will tell.
GameStop has the same pricing, which is a bummer, but unless the Wii version is somehow different, I'll have to plan on getting yet another PS2 game. The Nintendo Power article really piqued my interest.

Really would like to know if they Wii-ified the game at all; or if I need to boot up the PS2.

Also, damn you OP. I said I wouldn't go back to PS2 JRPGs and now this! :lol

Still waiting to see if there will be any preorder goodies, but I'm overjoyed at ST finally getting a shot in English, no matter how late.

kiryogi

Banned
AtomskEater said:
Still waiting to see if there will be any preorder goodies, but I'm overjoyed at ST finally getting a shot in English, no matter how late.

Too bad it's the wrong one D: D:

botticus

Jucksalbe said:
Play-Asia just sent me a mail. Seems like it's been pushed back to January. :-(
That follows from GameStop's listing. Amazon's probably the one behind in this case.

Usually niche games get drowned in a 4th quarter of big budget games. Now all the niche games are going to beat each other up in January. I already have 4 on my list, now 5 - 4 on the Wii alone!

RurouniZel

AtomskEater said:
At this point I can't be too picky. :x

I share your sentiments.

Jucksalbe said:
Play-Asia just sent me a mail. Seems like it's been pushed back to January. :-(

My initial reaction to this is "That would suck," but by the same token, if a Jan or Feb release would mean better sales outside of the higher profile games during the Christmas blitz, I think it would be a smart thing to do.

Though I'm not gonna update the OP on that until I get 100% confirmation.

botticus said:
Usually niche games get drowned in a 4th quarter of big budget games. Now all the niche games are going to beat each other up in January. I already have 4 on my list, now 5 - 4 on the Wii alone!
Seriously! Q1 is gonna be the new holiday quarter from here on out with all the stuff that got pushed back, both niche and mainstream.

About Sakura Wars, I'm keeping a sharp eye out for reviews. I always wanted to know more info since it was mega hyped among the hardcore back in its heyday. If the strategy RPG parts aren't too complex I'll probably buy it.

Durante

Videogamesplus has the preorders up with a release date of November 10th. Surely that's wrong?

Also, it seems like they will only sell the special edition via Rosenqueen -- at least I haven't seen it listed anywhere else. But then again it's not up there either. I want to make preorder or 2!

kiryogi

Banned
Lateraleye said:
Seriously! Q1 is gonna be the new holiday quarter from here on out with all the stuff that got pushed back, both niche and mainstream.

About Sakura Wars, I'm keeping a sharp eye out for reviews. I always wanted to know more info since it was mega hyped among the hardcore back in its heyday. If the strategy RPG parts aren't too complex I'll probably buy it.

The other games were mega hyped. Not 5. :lol

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Hopefully there is no delay, most of the hyped game are being pushed back to 2010.

Sakura Wars will be even more swamped being released in Q1 and Q2 2010.

Kobiekun

I got an email from Amazon this morning notifying me of the delay. According to them, March 31, 2010 is the new release date.

RurouniZel

SuperJ said:
I got an email from Amazon this morning notifying me of the delay. According to them, March 31, 2010 is the new release date.

I consider Amazon to be a fairly reliable source. I will update the OP. Kinda sucks, but at the same time, it's probably for the best, and at least means N1 isn't rushing the localization (er, not TOO much anyway) ^^

RurouniZel said:
I consider Amazon to be a fairly reliable source. I will update the OP. Kinda sucks, but at the same time, it's probably for the best, and at least means N1 isn't rushing the localization (er, not TOO much anyway) ^^

Werent they doing The Last Rebellion too? That like dropped of the radar completely.

RurouniZel

Crazymoogle said:
Interesting, says "Winter 2009 / 2010"...does that mean the new date is confirmed, or they're not sure if it will hit in December yet?

It puzzles me as well. Maybe it's 2010/fiscal year 2009? o_o

Top Bottom