• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts teaser site goes live

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Man, CoD3 was awful. If they hadn't bounced back with MW I would gave up right there.

It is indeed easily the worst game in the franchise but a minor miracle it came out considering the dev time was something like 8 - 9 months.

TriGen

I think they know exactly what made COD 4 so good but they can't back down in that direction anymore. MW2 set the series in a (horrible IMO) direction of many killstreaks, even more over the top multiplayer etc. The majority of CODs fans now want that. It's also the reason I can't get excited about whatever Respawn are working on until I see it, not a MW2 fan tbh BUT they did make COD4 so it can go either way. I played near enough exclusively Barebones mode in BLOPS and you had, at the very most, 1k - 2k people playing that and that was at peak times. Out of the fanbase it has that is fuck all and they removed it in BLOPS 2 as well. As much as I love COD2/COD4/BLOPS gone are the good ol days of less is more. But the fans enjoy it so I guess that's what matters, I'm a very very small minority in the fanbase today. To give you an example Treyarchs multi lead David Vonderharr said in an interview he prefers a slower, more tactical game but the fans kept saying to them 'Faster! FASTER!!!!!!!' which lead to Black Ops 2. I'd be very interested to see what type of multi they'd make if they were allowed to do what they wanted.

I certainly do miss those "less is more" days, as you call them.

Alienous

I think they know exactly what made COD 4 so good but they can't back down in that direction anymore. MW2 set the series in a (horrible IMO) direction of many killstreaks, even more over the top multiplayer etc. The majority of CODs fans now want that. It's also the reason I can't get excited about whatever Respawn are working on until I see it, not a MW2 fan tbh BUT they did make COD4 so it can go either way. I played near enough exclusively Barebones mode in BLOPS and you had, at the very most, 1k - 2k people playing that and that was at peak times. Out of the fanbase it has that is fuck all and they removed it in BLOPS 2 as well. As much as I love COD2/COD4/BLOPS gone are the good ol days of less is more. But the fans enjoy it so I guess that's what matters, I'm a very very small minority in the fanbase today. To give you an example Treyarchs multi lead David Vonderharr said in an interview he prefers a slower, more tactical game but the fans kept saying to them 'Faster! FASTER!!!!!!!' which lead to Black Ops 2. I'd be very interested to see what type of multi they'd make if they were allowed to do what they wanted.

The rumours suggest we are going to see a COD4: 2 to start the next-gen. Things like including leaning, sliding while shooting etc. seem to imply a focus on the core gameplay. Other ideas, like intro's to a multiplayer map, show them adding content that doesn't further dilute the multiplayer experience.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
If the rumors are true and Spec Ops is gone, I wonder if the game will have another hopefully 4-player co-op focused mode.

God I hope there is something, I didn't care much for the Spec-Ops missions, but the Spec-Ops survival mode was actually pretty fun, but being 2 players only was a bit of a joke. What ever they put out as a 3rd mode needs to be at least 4 players minimum.

Iacobellis

I agree, it seems like they just toss on a new skin add some perks and call it a day.

Wife and I used to love playing CoD together but after Black Ops (first one) we just grew tired of it all. Hopefully they can do something fresh on the new consoles because it really is a fun game to play for a hour or so.

MW2 was a really good sequel in terms of making the series fresh. It was sad that the game was just very poorly balanced. I still regret spending $60 on MW2 2.5 a couple years later.

antitrop

MW2 was a really good sequel in terms of making the series fresh. It was sad that the game was just very poorly balanced. I still regret spending $60 on MW2 2.5 a couple years later.

RAMIREZ! DEFEND BURGER TOWN!
RAMIREZ! MASH THOSE POTATOES!
RAMIEREZ! YOU BURNT THE FUCKING TURKEY, OSCAR MIKE IT ON OVER TO BURGERTOWN!
RAMIREZ! EAT YOUR VEGETABLES!

RAMIREZ! DINNER ROLLS ARE OSCAR MIKE! GET MORE FROM THE OVEN!

RAMIREZ, TAKE OSCAR AND MIKE TO BURGER TOWN AND ELIMINATE THOSE FOOTMOBILES, WE'RE OSCAR MIKE, HOOAH?

RAMIREZ, ARE YOU OSCAR MIKE?
NO IM JAMES

RAMIREZ! GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY OF THEIR BASKETBALL GAME!

RAMIREZ, NAPKINS ARE OSCAR MIKE.

RAMIREZ! MAKE SURE THE ICE CREAM STAYS FROSTY!

Iacobellis

Ramirez, defend Burger Town!

Oh God.

MW2 was still the most fun I had online this generation. Unlocking new titles and emblems, playing my favorite classic maps again, etc.. I was really into the whole YouTube community back in those days, and that was when it had hit its peak. Quickscoping and trickshots have become close to nonexistent since BO1 because the developers don't know what the fans want. Gonna be real here and say I miss 402 a whole lot.

CoD4/5 come to a close second. The amount of glitches I did and private matches I had with friends will never come close.

Nokterian

RAMIREZ, TAKE OSCAR AND MIKE TO BURGER TOWN AND ELIMINATE THOSE FOOTMOBILES, WE'RE OSCAR MIKE, HOOAH?

NO IM JAMES

I laughed way to hard to this. I can hear Keith David his voice in my head when reading it.

MW2 was still the most fun I had online this generation.

It's where I got into the series.

Would have clocked many more hours but the rate at which IW responded to game breaking glitches was glacial.

Looking forward to what Respawn will be able to do with the Frostbite engine.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."

NO IM JAMES

This was really funny, but Oscar Mike means "On Mission." As in performing the tasks asked of you. I don't believe Dinner Rolls could do that.

Iacobellis

It's where I got into the series.

Would have clocked many more hours but the rate at which IW responded to game breaking glitches was glacial.

Looking forward to what Respawn will be able to do with the Frostbite engine.

IW was very quick in patching actual glitches, it was just all of the hacks that ruined the game.

antitrop

antitrop was in the military. Trust me, he knows what "Oscar Mike" means which makes it EVEN MORE hilarious!

I should also mention that not once in all my years was I ever told to "Stay frosty".

Not once. I wasn't in the Army, though, maybe that's a Hooah thing.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I should also mention that not once in all my years was I ever told to "Stay frosty".

Not once. I wasn't in the Army, though, maybe that's a Hooah thing.

That does make it even funnier. I take back what I said and humbly request your forgiveness.

Also, Stay Frosty!

CoD taking on the paranormal now? o_o

I didn't think this was real, "ghosts" was just such a bad name.

Was hoping for Call of Duty 5. Releasing on next gen systems as well.

Mik_Pad

Banned
I thought Activision was going to wait until the 21st, it will be interesting to see if they mention a PS4 version when they reveal.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Dogs and AC130 only.

Shipment, Rust, and Nuketown only.

Free for all only.

32 players minimum.

Sniper rifles with ACOG scope only.

Final destination.

The real Call of Duty starts here.

NO IM JAMES

This was really funny, but Oscar Mike means "On Mission." As in performing the tasks asked of you. I don't believe Dinner Rolls could do that.
Hilarious, thanks guys.

Jawmuncher

I'll never understand why ghost is so popular.
He did next to nothing in the game and not to many people read the comics.
(Unless he's extraordinarily badass in those my point stands)

Was it really just the mask?

sflufan

Banned
I'll never understand why ghost is so popular.
He did next to nothing in the game and not to many people read the comics.
(Unless he's extraordinarily badass in those my point stands)

Was it really just the mask?

Ghost is popular for the same reason that Boba Fett is popular.

Liha

Banned
I hope the game will be better than MW 2 & 3.

Mali_Franzoesischer_Soldat_empoert_mit_Knochen-Maske-Inakzeptabel-Story-348526_630x356px_1_YB7HKSVSVgOho.jpg

I know that CoD is all about Hollywood SP & Big MP.

But personally I hope that Ghosts will leave the follow character X down this corridor, kill 100 enemy, engage in this scripted scene, then into an on rail shooting sequence.

I know it is crazy, but I am hoping for a more subtle campaign, where I am actually the lead, where I can choose where to go, a sand-boxish environment won't hurt, more sneaking options would be cool as well, less scripting.

I also hope they bring something new to the MP somehow, something undone before.

well finger crossed.

antitrop

I think if they really nail the multiplayer it will give some room for them to experiment a bit in the single player. Ease people into a new style of Call of Duty slowly. Give the hardcore fans what they want and try to reinvent the single player campaign the same way 4 did. They had to fight to make that game happen, maybe it's time to fight again.

If anyone at the CoD dev studios has any fight left in them anymore.

katkombat

Banned
No idea what that is -- anyone got any guesses?

I am very curious to see this game revealed. I skipped Blops2 even though I enjoy CoD and have played every one prior. So I'll get this if it looks a little more interesting. The guy that broke CoD: Ghosts mentioned some new features, so I'm curious to see if they can bring me back.

BO2 was a MAJOR step up from MW3 which was terrible IMO.

G_Berry

Banned

Quoted for truth.

Blops2 did some great things. I still jump in to play a game or 10 daily.

The options, customisation, unlocks, game modes, map variations just cant be found anywhere else. You get a lot of game for your money with cod.

People hate on it but until someone comes up with a better alternative, it's gonna be round a while. A good thing in my book.

Bring it on!

The_Monk

I agree fellow GAFfer.

The only thing I liked in MW3 was Support Killstreaks for those less good players. That was a good idea. MW3 had the most uninspired/bland Maps too, in my opinion (never played the DLC ones).

I'd actually say that BO2 is the best game in the series from a single player perspective. The awful Strike Force mode is really the only blemish on it.

Nowhere near MW2's SP.

I can play the Invasion missions from MW2, any day and still have fun.

"Of Their Own Accord" is probably one of my favorite SP levels of all time.

Nowhere near MW2's SP.

I can play the Invasion missions from MW2, any day and still have fun.

"Of Their Own Accord" is probably one of my favorite SP levels of all time.

Absolutely, the feeling of utter loss as the invasion was happening was amazing. Despite the amount of unnecessary player character deaths, the feeling of being alone as the world was against you in the final missions was incredible.

Top Bottom