• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

shermas

Can this computer run this game?

Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Processor 2.8GHz
16GB DDR4 (2-DIMM) RAM

2TB 5400RPM Hard Drive + 256GB Solid State Drive
No Optical Drive

15.6" Anti-glare LED Backlit FHD (1920 x 1080) Display
4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti Graphics

16GB DDR4 (2-DIMM) RAM

No Optical Drive

below min specs

buyittryitreturnit

Coldsun

Banned

16GB DDR4 (2-DIMM) RAM

No Optical Drive

It should to some degree yes. I have it running fine on an older computer (i7 930, 16Gb Ram, NV 970)

shermas

below min specs

buyittryitreturnit

the graphics card? I thought it looked decent enough

edit: i'm gonna grab this thing from costco and give it a whirl. I have 90 days to return the laptop and i'm about to head out of town...

Thanks for the feedback.. total PC game newb

16GB DDR4 (2-DIMM) RAM

No Optical Drive

I have a friend playing just fine with that same set up but a G4560

16GB DDR4 (2-DIMM) RAM

No Optical Drive

I have the same CPU and GPU and it is playable at 1080p. There's stuttering and frequent frame drops but it looks like it affect everyone, even with their beastly rigs.
Couple times buildings failed to load and parachuting is a killer, but once on the ground it's playable. Ranges from 20-70 fps.
I only have a HDD but I hear it's much better on SSD so put it on that if you get it.

shermas

I have the same CPU and GPU and it is playable at 1080p. There's stuttering and frequent frame drops but it looks like it affect everyone, even with their beastly rigs.
Couple times buildings failed to load and parachuting is a killer, but once on the ground it's playable. Ranges from 20-70 fps.
I only have a HDD but I hear it's much better on SSD so put it on that if you get it.

This is just a quick and dirty attempt to get something playable before I go out of town... on my current laptop, it's a total slideshow. I can barely get in a door or go up stairs. My only kills are when I stumble across an AFK and I punch them to death. It's ridiculous.

owlbeak

All my games tonight have been getting fucked by the circle and chasing it the rest of the game. This never happens to me! Haven't had a top 10 all night. >:[

Edit: finally had some good games and top 10s.

Erheller

This reminds me of an experience during my solo matches. Another player and myself both jumped in the same Dacia together. He got into the driver seat before me, we drove for a while till we found a buggy and he slowed down so I could jump out and take it.

Man was a legend.

To be fair, that's the smartest thing to do if you want to prioritize survival. If you're the driver, you literally can't do anything about the guy next to you unless you have a gun (but you just jumped out so you don't have one). Better to let the other guy get a car and drive off so you aren't competing for the same gun to kill each other with when you stop.

whoooo

had 4 engangements

landed in a small area with buildings, killed like 5 there with tense stands off. It was weird. One of my squadmates got downed, the guy came up close to finish him off but I came around and killed him(Not before he killed my buddy). So me and my last partner are looting his body(8x scope!) I turn around and see a guy just staring at us, he was looting a box. So I ended up killing him. That whole game we spent in that area, we got into an engagement at another house across from us, killed a few there. As the circle contracts, I have a VSS, my buddy has a silenced AKM, so we're just cleaning up. We get in a car and leave it next to a house(It was near the end of the circle and I didn't want to have any stragglers sneak up on us.) A jeep pulls up and they tried to steal our car, but my buddy blew them away with an SK12, then the last guy I killed with a UMP as he got out of our car.

So the last engagement. The area is a little valley, and we're on one of the higher ends, and we see like 4 people just running down a mountain across us. At this point, we're prone slowly crawling forward. We start taking potshots with our silenced weapons, they have NO idea where we're coming from. We knock them down, and kill them one by one. Last guy got to behind a tree and tried to snipe us out, but I already had a bead on him and he had no idea where we were coming from. He was gone.

People shit on the VSS, but it's a good little weapon with very obvious bullet drop, making it easy to compensate for distance compared to other sniper rifles.

EG3rRqi.png

Daffy Duck

The Doc is the best streamer out there. Surprised there aren't more "character" streamers. Seems like a great way to differentiate yourself from being a dude/chick on camera playing games.

Agreed, his production values are off the charts.

Guy is legit. I only found out about him because of the team killing stuff, but damn I glad that happened.

trs1080

Neo Member
People shit on the VSS, but it's a good little weapon with very obvious bullet drop, making it easy to compensate for distance compared to other sniper rifles.

I love the VSS. The rate of fire kinda negates the lower damage, and usually the people you are shooting have no clue where its coming from so they are running around like headless chickens.

Re: Twitch streamer Doc, at least he attempts a personality. I find guys like Summit or Viss to be really boring people. I kinda prefer watching the Waypoint PUBG streams and people like Steve Gaynor and Will Smith stream this game over a lot of the big streamers.

Brakara

What's with the oversaturated colors on Doc's stream? Is it to gain some tactical advantage (spotting enemies easier), and how does he do it?

thinking of buying this game.

Is it true they are going to bring in RMT crates? because fuck that shit for a game still in early access and not finished.

Blizzard

Banned
One crate to specifically fund an event. Then after early access, all crates will need keys.
Was that what PlayerUnknown meant when they said free crates would go away?

I thought they meant free crates wouldn't even DROP anymore and you'd exclusively have to buy them with real money.

JDB

Banned

Is it true they are going to bring in RMT crates? because fuck that shit for a game still in early access and not finished.
The crates they're introducing are just to fund the prize pool of an upcoming PUBG tournament from what I understand.

Hasney

Was that what PlayerUnknown meant when they said free crates would go away?

I thought they meant free crates wouldn't even DROP anymore and you'd exclusively have to buy them with real money.

Crates will drop, but they'll need keys. Like TF2 or Rocket League basically.

z7sjytczirbz.png

Zomba13

I was doing well, got stocked up, took a boat to safety in the white, looted some more, ran to a car, saw a guy running to a bike and rammed the bike into the guy killing them, got their loot (including very nice scopes) drove off on the bike to safety again, and then on my next trip to the circle it stuttered right as I went up a hill and I ende dup stopped infront of a guy and dead.

It always stutters or lags or does some bullshit when I get close to another person.

Vipu

Banned

Not sure what RMT means but I guess you mean microtransaction crates, yes they will be in the game after launch like they have said since the beginning.

Hasney

No, you get the crates with the in-game points you earn.
You will also be able to sell those crates in the Steam market.

Depending on drop rates from opening on the rare gear and the like too, it might end up like Rocket League where crates can be worth trading for keys weirdly.

Anyone listening to way less podcasts because of this game? I used to listen to podcasts during pretty much every game. Can't do it with this one, it's just too serious.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Anyone listening to way less podcasts because of this game? I used to listen to podcasts during pretty much every game. Can't do it with this one, it's just too serious.

Yeah, I usually have some other content on somewhere while playing games, but in this game it is impossible. If you're not playing with headphones and listening to every footstep you are doing it wrong.

unrealist

This game is really stressful solo.. like one of the most stressful games for a long time, it is worse than jump scares in horror movies/games.

Top Bottom