• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 Box Art Leaked through Origin [Update: Large Banner Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this game going to actually be supported with regards to multiplayer bug and exploit fixing and reasonable DLC pricing?

Because both pretty much killed Crysis 2 for me.

Jac_Solar

Huh? Did they take down this at N4G cause it was false or ?

*spoiler and/or rumor*

"Additional details of Crytek’s upcoming FPS title ‘Crysis 3′ have been revealed which suggest that the game would once again take us back in the Urban Jungle of New York offering the best Sandbox FPS experience on market, Launch of the title is said to be around Spring 2013 with official announcement of the game on April 15th. (Crysis 3, Dev, PC, PS3, Xbox 360)"

http://n4g.com/news/977745/crysis-3...ox-fps-experience-and-launches-in-spring-2013

Maybe someone random submitted or something. Anyhow, if it's true, why would they repeat New York? Doesn't make sense. But the poster/picture shows a skyscraper thing.. Ah well. I think most people would want a return to the jungle, or a mix i between jungle/city-ish.

tci

Poorly coded or not, when I look out into the distance in the first game, it gets noticeably choppy. Maybe Crysis 2 is smoother because it doesn't have those draw distances, which means maybe they learned the limitations of their engine the second time around.
Crysis: Warhead fixed all that ...

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I enjoyed Crysis 2 quite a bit, but they need to up tge performance on consoles if I'm going to get this one.

Well Crytek, it's do or die, hope this time we get a game that builds on the first half of the original instead of the painted corridor bullshit of the sequel.

ArjanN

Prophet seems like a dick, just taking Alcatraz body like that.

Alcatraz was basically already dead.

I think another Crysis in the same generation is fine, if they tweak what they did in Crysis 2 a bit and have some more open-ended areas it could be great instead of just good like C2.

I'd prefer someone who's not just going to shit all over it make it.

|OT| will be according to the new guide lines.

And I have hope, I want to love this series again, the Manhattan reclaimed by nature setting gives them a natural way to get back to the level design of the first. Fingers are crossed.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Alcatraz was basically already dead.

I think another Crysis in the same generation is fine, if they tweak what they did in Crysis 2 a bit and have some more open-ended areas it could be great instead of just good like C2.
I think open ended is actually easier to do but it doesn't focus test as well. Apparently people get lost and confused really easily.

This type of shit always makes me groan. Devs need to just accept mistakes and leaks instead of trying to twist it and present it in the most douchebagish way possible.

They can't. They have exclusive deal with magazine/sites... and everything.

Things are pretty much locked down a month before reveal.

Dilly

Banned
Didn't Hargreave imply the Ceph were original inhabitants of earth?

Something like "The owners are back in the house and don't like what's been growing in their fridge" or something like that.

Something like "The owners are back in the house and don't like what's been growing in their fridge" or something like that.
Yep exactly right. They were just in hibernation while the human race took over the world.

cjsnapp

Neo Member
definitely looking forward to this. all of the Crysis games are something that I can play over and over and still enjoy. and I'm not one to replay games.

as someone said earlier, it would be awesome if at some point we travel to an alien planet with some unique looking scenery and atmosphere.

Dabanton

Yeah. They have been on earth since prehistoric times.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Prophet seems like a dick, just taking Alcatraz body like that.

Alcatraz was basically in a vegetative state. I assume that the final jump into the main spire finished him off then the nanosuit finished combining with him and Prophet took over.

Salz01

I'm surprised there are people in here that think Crysis 2 was good. It's almost an epic failure compared to the First one.

scitek

I'm surprised there are people in here that think Crysis 2 was good. It's almost an epic failure compared to the First one.

I'm surprised there are people who really think it wasn't at least "good." Have you ever played a bad game before?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I think open ended is actually easier to do but it doesn't focus test as well. Apparently people get lost and confused really easily.

My roommate actually doesn't like Crysis 2 because he finds even that a little too open-ended. (please, no "get a new roommate" comments. He's a cool ass guy, and a gaffer)

Unfortunately, open-ended design just doesn't play well with a lot of people.

That said, despite its linearity, I loved the sandbox within each encounter in Crysis 2. I wouldn't mind a healthy medium between Crysis 1 and 2.

-GOUKI-

Sweet! Crysis 2 is honestly underrated imo. Story didn't make any sense but the PC version has the best graphics of any game today.

~Kinggi~

Banned

Crysis 2 was excellent. This is coming from someone who enjoyed both the first crysis games maxed out back near launch.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah, I had a ton of fun with Crysis 2. Replaying Crysis 1 shortly after definitely did confirm that I prefer the first, but I didn't resent dropping 60$ on C2 in the slightest.

Duffyside

Banned
Hah, this thread's first post reminds me of how great GAF first posts so often are, and makes me want to suggest this: OT subtitles should always consider whatever the first post reply is from a game's announcement thread.

Crysis 3 |OT| Is that a bow?

DTKT

Crysis 2 was a competent FPS. Nothing really innovative and nothing that really stands out.

It was a enjoyable ride but nothing to write home about. Something you play and immediately forget. A bit like RAGE or Syndicate.

DarkChild

Banned
Crytek had a chance to do "Half Life" with Crysis 2 and go for touchdown but the story was mess, product was a bit rushed and AI was bad. Otherwise, with beter story and polishing Crytek could come close to what Valve has done with HL.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Does Crysis 1 run better on the 360 than Crysis 2 does? Been thinking about picking it up for a while.

Dabanton

Does Crysis 1 run better on the 360 than Crysis 2 does? Been thinking about picking it up for a while.

Considering what it's doing i'd say it does. The levels are huge.

Well worth picking up it's a stunning looking game on the 360 even without the full bells and whistles of the PC version.

It runs really well on the 360, I don't remember how well Crysis 2 ran, but I recall it performing pretty well, I don't remember any major chugs during Crysis 1.

You should totally pick it up, I've played 1 and 2 on the PC (maxed) and both on the 360 and 1 is really quite amazing looking considering it is running on such old hardware. Plus it is cheap, $15 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom