• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 Box Art Leaked through Origin [Update: Large Banner Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggs

Banned
I just view Crysis as a $50 benchmark. Seriously, it can be fun. But over all I just think it's a great piece of software to see how far you can push your card.

Tried to enjoy MP on Crysis 1 and 2 , just could not get into it.

The SP is enjoyable, but in the end it's more of a benchmark then a game to me.

Dacon

Banned
I just view Crysis as a $50 benchmark. Seriously, it can be fun. But over all I just think it's a great piece of software to see how far you can push your card.

That's, kind of silly.

But um, ok. To each his own I guess.

I don't understand this line of thinking at all. Both C1 and C2 were great games with more freedom than most modern shooters.

DieH@rd

Banned
Crytek just released update for CryEngine SDK [ver 3.4]. It added improved tessellation, automated AI pathfinding, and bunch of other smaller things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7AN5sBkRtU

That head model looks awesome. If they could only now find some good recording tech to transfer face motions of a good actor onto it.

Have gazillion-dollar nanosuit.

Arm self with stone-age weaponry.

ngGCL.jpg

Aphexian

The first one yeah, not the second one and not this one. The fact that they're putting on the 360 (an eight year old piece of hardware that was mediocre when released) is making me think this one won't push anything either. I thought they learned their lesson when they were bitching about how annoying it was to make it for the 360 because it has so little RAM but I guess EA is strangling them constantly to appeal to the shitty console market. I'm a little bit mad about this as you can tell.

scitek

The first one yeah, not the second one and not this one. The fact that they're putting on the 360 (an eight year old piece of hardware that was mediocre when released) is making me think this one won't push anything either.

screenshot18521h2zsb.png

screenshot38091r1ztm.png

screenshot53679nhbmm.png

screenshot614627ky7t.png

screenshot4014848bqu.png

It does enough.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The first one yeah, not the second one and not this one. The fact that they're putting on the 360 (an eight year old piece of hardware that was mediocre when released) is making me think this one won't push anything either. I thought they learned their lesson when they were bitching about how annoying it was to make it for the 360 because it has so little RAM but I guess EA is strangling them constantly to appeal to the shitty console market. I'm a little bit mad about this as you can tell.
Cry 2 is probably better than Cry 1 to show off your rig because it can look good and keep a steady 60fps at high resolutions, even with all the mods. And the set pieces... Jawdropping.

i-Lo

This is a mini demonstration of evolving tech. Dunno if old, however.

Are those Xbox screenshots? Wow. Incredible stuff they pulled with such an "old" system.

Darn it, I might give Crysis 2 another try.

Can't tell if sarcastic. However, those screenshots are from PC version (evident from the resolution & IQ (AA, AF etc) themselves)

AlexBasch

Whoops. I thought he was trying to prove how good that looked on Xbox, guess that's what I get from reading quickly on my phone.

Am I going to get banned? :p

No, PC, but the Xbox version is still a good looking game. The lighting is very nice and atmospheric.
I recall people saying that Crysis 2 really pushed the Xbox graphics, but never had seen a screenshot of it, that too explains my moronic post. :p

Sorry guys, haha.

LOL
I give these posts genuine kudos
Yeah, if I'm going to get laughed at, at least they did it with style, lol. I'm saving those gifs for future use.

scitek

Are those Xbox screenshots? Wow. Incredible stuff they pulled with such an "old" system.

Darn it, I might give Crysis 2 another try.

No, PC, but the Xbox version is still a good looking game. The lighting is very nice and atmospheric.

Whoops. I thought he was trying to prove how good that looked on Xbox, guess that's what I get from reading quickly on my phone.

Am I going to get banned? :p
Lol no you're fine. I was just pointing out that despite being multiplatform, the game is perfectly capable of pushing PCs. Even moreso thanks to the modding community.

Was Crysis 2 not also on PS3 or did I miss something?

Anyways, Crysis 2 looks better than Crysis 1 on PC. Does it push things relatively as far as C1 at the time? No, not close. But oh well, guess that's what you get for Crysis 2 being the most pirated game. So I guess somehow your fellow PC gamers managed to play it through their disgust?

It's also the best looking console game of the gen.

I bet you also like BF3, which was more consolized than Crysis 2. The PC world at large never shit on BF3 when it's way more consolized than Crysis 2...and imo C2 looks better too when they're both maxed.

I also dont get posts like the above when some people say PC games are 100X better looking than console games. Yet this guy understands they are mostly just ports. Come on you swarms of PC gamers in other threads, where are you! Argue with this man! Stop disappearing when it's convenient! It's like, Crysis 2 is the only PC game immune to your logic or something...

Also, the Wii U crowd that tells us we've hit diminishing returns and all games will look about the same in the future regardless of power, should be arguing with you also.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

Anyways, Crysis 2 looks better than Crysis 1 on PC. Does it push things relatively as far as C1 at the time? No, not close. But oh well, guess that's what you get for Crysis 2 being the most pirated game. So I guess somehow your fellow PC gamers managed to play it through their disgust?

I bet you also like BF3, which was more consolized than Crysis 2. The PC world at large never shit on BF3 when it's way more consolized than Crysis 2...and imo C2 looks better too when they're both maxed.

I also dont get posts like the above when some people say PC games are 100X better looking than console games. Yet this guy understands they are mostly just ports. Come on you swarms of PC gamers in other threads, where are you! Argue with this man! Stop disappearing when it's convenient! It's like, Crysis 2 is the only PC game immune to your logic or something...

Also, the Wii U crowd that tells us we've hit diminishing returns and all games will look about the same in the future regardless of power, should be arguing with you also.
How is BF3 consolized? It's one of the most optimized PC games I've ever played. And Cry2 isn't that far behind.

How is BF3 consolized? It's one of the most optimized PC games I've ever played. And Cry2 isn't that far behind.

Agree with BF3, I have it on PC and 360 and can tell you right now it was made for PC. I'm actually downloading Crysis 2 right now (amazon 7.49, buy it!), so I guess I'll have to see about that one. It does look good/play well on 360 though.

AlexBasch

At the risk of being destroyed with gifs again, is the multiplayer of Crysis 2 still alive on PC? I didn't know it was on sale at Amazon.

482951_olzcu0.gif

squidyj

Ouch.

It did seem like a complete CoD-ripoff though.. wasn't the main Russian villain from BF3 called something like Kamarov as well? (Makarov in CoD: MW2/3).

Oh hey, maybe it was a parody or a satire or a satyr. That would actually explain a lot.

Dabanton

Oh hey, maybe it was a parody or a satire or a satyr. That would actually explain a lot.

It was a rushed mess. The disappointment is Bad Company 1 and even though it was a bit more reined in part 2 both had very fun campaigns.

DICE has a trump card player led destruction of the environments. The fact they didn't really do anything with it in their campaign was very annoying instead we have what amounts to whack a mole gameplay with 'big' moments. CoD has that style down to a fine art the MW3 campaign was exciting and relentless and got out before it outstayed it's welcome.

Lets hope next time EA gives DICE enough time to either do a campaign properly or don't bother at all.

That was more down to DICE not being able to actually create a decent one.
So true... After Bad Company 1 and Mirrors Edge they've gone straight down the shitter. Not sure why.

What why and how long.
Dam no more Awesome pc shot for a time?
There was a troll bait thread about a beating in Baltimore, and reverse racism. A lot of people got banned including the OP. Don't know for how long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom