• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 Days to Die |OT| Survial, Minecraft, CoD, Zombies, Play/Create/Share!

Cornbread78

Buyer Beware:
*It has become more and more apparent that this is not a complete game at this time and is still in an alpha/beta form*

HHlx7r9.jpg

Original platforms: Microsoft Windows and OS X (December 13, 2013)
Developer: The Fun Pimps
Genre: Survival horror
Modes:
- Single-player video game
- Multiplayer video game (local splitscreen/online)
Publishers: Telltale Games, The Fun Pimps
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS
Release date(s):
- WW June 28, 2016
- EU July 1, 2016
Price: $29.99 USD
Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_Days_to_Die

Support forums: http://7daystodie.com/forums/

Gu8s2GR.jpg

Pre Order Bonus:
- Anyone who pre-orders 7 Days to Die will get access to five character skins from Telltale's hit series The Walking Dead, including Lee Everett and Michonne.

General Info:
It’s an open-world sandbox game to play alone, via splitscreen, or online, that gives you an enormous amount of freedom to choose how to survive in a post-apocalyptic world. You’re dropped into a harsh environment with almost nothing – not even clothes on your back. Through scavenging, crafting, and hunting, you’ll eventually put together the basic items you’ll need to live. You’ll have to deal with cold, heat, hunger and thirst, and there are wild animals that see you as prey. But that’s not the worst, because you’re not alone — the undead wander all around you. Slow and relatively easy to avoid by day, at night they become merciless, fast-moving killers, hungry for your flesh.
(Everything in 7 Days to Die is fully destructible and moldable, and just as you can shape the world to your needs, the undead can tear it apart)

Game Features:

Explore – Huge, unique and rich environments, offering the freedom to play the game any way you want with many unique biomes.
Craft – Craft and repair weapons, clothes, armor, tools, vehicles, and more with nearly 400 recipes.
Build – Take over a ruin, or build from the ground-up. Design your fortress to include traps and defensive positions to survive the undead – the world is fully destructible and moldable.
Cooperate or Compete – Work together cooperatively to build settlements or work against each other raiding other player’s bases, it’s really up to you in a wasteland where zombies and outlaws rule the land.
Create – Unleash your creativity and build the ultimate world by yourself or with friends. Enjoy unlimited access to nearly 400 in-game items and 1,200 unique building blocks in creative mode.
Improve – Increase your skills in a multitude of active and passive disciplines. 7 Days to Die is the only true survival RPG with nearly 50 multi-tiered skill and perk groups.
Choose – Play the Navezgane campaign world, or dive back in with friends in a randomly-generated world with cities, towns, lakes, mountains, valleys, roads, caves and wilderness locations. The possibilities are infinite with over 300 locations.
Combat – Encounter a wide variety zombie archetypes including special infected with unique behaviors and attacks.
Survive – Experience real hardcore survival mechanics with over 45 buff boosts/ailments along with dynamic cold and hot weather to contend with.
Destroy – Buildings and terrain formations can collapse under their own weight from structural damage or poor building design.
Loot – Scavenge the world for the best guns, weapons, tools, armor, clothing, and vehicle parts which have quality ranges which govern attributes to provide hundreds of thousands of item permutations.
Quest – Find dynamic treasure maps left by survivors and dig for real buried loot. Discover quest notes and complete them for rewards and skill points.
Customize – Create your own character or pick a preset and customize in-game even more with a huge selection of clothing and armor you can craft or loot in the world.
Drive – Enjoy the badass vehicle system where you find all the parts, learn all the recipes and craft and augment your own vehicle.
Farm or Hunt – Plant and grow gardens for sustainable resources or head out into the wilderness and hunt wild animals.
(shamelessly pulled directly from their website with all marketing speech intact)

Gameplay:
In 7 Days To Die, the player spawns into a randomly generated world or the preset world of Navezgane, Arizona, with the objective of surviving for as long as possible. As the days go by, the zombies get tougher and more aggressive. The game features the ability to craft, destroy, and manipulate objects. The game also comes with a physics system in which building a structure with no support such as pillars and walls can lead to its collapse. The game is voxel-based, allowing for simple building, and destruction of objects in a physics-simulated environment.

The game's main focus is to have the players try to survive the night, as the game features a day and night cycle, making the zombies slow and weak during the day, yet fast and aggressive during night-time. The game features a system in which the character constantly needs food and water. Objects in the world degrade through use, so the player has to search for or make new tools as the game progresses. The player can build their own house or destroy existing ones in order to gather materials to construct a fort. The game also features a stealth and distraction system to avoid unnecessary conflict with the zombies. Carrying raw meat or foods that have a smell means the zombies can detect the player. The zombies in 7 Days to Die will climb, dig, destroy walls, doors to get to the player and kill them. The player needs to set up traps for the defense of his or her base in order to survive.

Story/Lore:
The game's events happen after a nuclear unknown Third World War that destroyed an extremely large part of the world, except for some areas such as the county of Navezgane, Arizona. The player is a survivor of the war who must survive by finding shelter, food and water, as well as scavenging supplies to fend off the numerous mutants (hinted to be the consequence of nuclear fallout) that populate Navezgane.

MP Q&A:

Q: How to couch co op on consoles?

A: Start a single player game then press start on the first player controller you should see something telling you on the left to press start on the second controller to join the game

Q: Does anyone know when playing the multiplayer version on Console, will there have to be a "host" online for others to access that particular server. {like console edition Minecraft}. Or with will it be assessable thru a password. So I could go on the server any time I wanted even if the person who created the server is not online.

A: At this time there are no dedicated servers planned for the consoles. Online multiplayer will be accomplished by someone hosting a game and others joining his game through the online network. Worlds won't be perpetually on even when the host is offline. It is most similar to the person to person option we have on PC right now. The limit will be 4 players.

This could possibly change in the future depending on the popularity of the game and subsequent demand for expanding the multiplayer options

Screen Shots:
pSZ6QmR.jpg

dRyKm9C.jpg

FnK9WcC.jpg

Create Mode:
qXr5Nei.jpg

Videos:

Announcement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS9jc4bFrzQ

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rt5Rf4dGyc

E3 2016:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCI12fe2s3I

E3 2016 Gameplay Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0NkWBBkj7A

Reviews:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/7-days-to-die
(embargo up 6/28)

NeoGAF Review Thread : (
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1243308

Trophies/Achievements:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/7-days-to-die/trophies/

http://www.trueachievements.com/7-Days-to-Die/achievements.htm

5D6amhr.jpg

I know this will be a low-key OT, but hopefully it is helpful to those that want to hook up and take on all the big bad zombies together.

jond76

Banned
I was so busy putting the Technomancer OT together I totally forget about this... I wanna grab it... Poor wallet...

Will be interested to see how this game reviews on consoles. I've been playing this game on PC since the Kickstarter a few years ago and it's definitely evolved since then but not always for the better. I was really surprised when I saw it was coming to consoles because the game is still in Alpha and there are a ton of bugs with every update. The devs do keep the game updated a lot though and I hope it turns out decent, I've just found my interest dropping recently.

bosh

I want to preorder this from best buy but it's unavailable online and for in store pickup. I want my bonus and discount dammit.

Think its sold out online. I am going to try and snag one tomorrow in store hopefully.

It was available early last week, but when I went back on Thursday it was gone.

Gaz_RB

One of the closest games I've played to the Walking Dead experience. There's some annoying things that keep it from being great, but this is one of the best and most complete zombie simulator's out there.

Oh shit. Split Screen? Might have just sold me on the game.

Cornbread78

Screenshots are from a very old PC build.
Videos look like Alpha 14 with everything on low settings.

It's 60% off on Steam right now btw.

yeah, these games are a nightmare to try and decipher PS4/XB1/PC because they are always tagged together online under the same name...

Hopefully, someone will do a side by side review of the 3 platforms.

Why do the screenshots and videos look nothing like what I play on PC?

Better or worse?

Honestly to me it looks a bit better than what I'm used to on PC with max settings, 7 days to die is a very very ugly game, maybe it's just the low resolution of those screenshots but something about it looks a lot more appealing than what you actually get, maybe it's just the lighting?

Either way, I hope the game finds an audience on console, it's an ugly game but it's pretty rewarding if you're into that kinda gameplay.

GodofWine

I'm so interested in this, but I NEED to see reviews for the console version, I'm being smart for once and clicking the take my money button

I'm so interested in this, but I NEED to see reviews for the console version, I'm being smart for once and clicking the take my money button
Yeah, same here. Im interested but I gotta know how performance and split screen is.

My little sister's two favorite games are Left 4 Dead and Minecraft, so I can see them enjoying this.

Mr Clutch

I am super interested, but have a few questions about console version, specifically Xbox One if that matters.

1). Is the online multiplayer of this game like Ark? Can my friends and I base build together, gather and share resources together, fight together, etc?

2). Are the server open or closed? Will other people not my friends be in the world with us?

3). Is the game never ending like Dayz or Ark or does it end in the 7 days?

4). How big is the world?

Thanks guys!

GodofWine

I am super interested, but have a few questions about console version, specifically Xbox One if that matters.

1). Is the online multiplayer of this game like Ark? Can my friends and I base build together, gather and share resources together, fight together, etc?

2). Are the server open or closed? Will other people not my friends be in the world with us?

3). Is the game never ending like Dayz or Ark or does it end in the 7 days?

4). How big is the world?

Thanks guys!

From what I know...
1. Yes, 4 player online, or 2 split screen local plus 2 online, on consoles, servers are limited to the host being online, like console minecraft is for example
2. Closed, host gets the save file, that person will need to be online to play that world.
3. Never ending, waves of zombies attack weekly, hence.the name. You get to build and prepare for 7 days...you can live forever in theory.
4. Not sure, think its adjustable, but no clue what max is, looks big though

Mr Clutch

From what I know...
1. Yes, 4 player online, or 2 split screen local plus 2 online, on consoles, servers are limited to the host being online, like console minecraft is for example
2. Closed, host gets the save file, that person will need to be online to play that world.
3. Never ending, waves of zombies attack weekly, hence.the name. You get to build and prepare for 7 days...you can live forever in theory.
4. Not sure, think its adjustable, but no clue what max is, looks big though

Awesome! This sounds great! Thanks for the info, but I'll still probably wait and see some reviews this time around.

jond76

Banned
I wish there was an easy mode where you could just equip items already made. My 4 year old would dig this but he's not gonna be crafting anythung . haha

Matticers

I've never played this, always been interested and $25 or whatever it is after the Best Buy discount isn't bad. $10 on PC would be better, obviously, but I'm mostly a console gamer so I'd be playing solo all the time on PC which doesn't sound too fun. I'm tempted to pick this up on PS4 but I'll probably wait for some reviews first to make sure it's not a mess.

OneUh8

Just bought this on Steam. Only $9.99 right now. Looking forward to trying it out. I am assuming this will come out of early access when the console versions release?

Well the PC version has become increasingly more unoptimised in my experience, that was one of the main reasons I was surprised to see this game coming to console.

Commander Kook

Neo Member
Reserved a copy this weekend after watching some streams, and definitely looking forward to diving in tomorrow after work.

For those that have been playing it on PC, is there a YouTuber to recommend for beginners? I always seem to get a bit overwhelmed with these crafting games at first.

belushy

Banned
I remember when this came to kickstarter. Was super excited for it but didn't have any extra lying around to put forth for it. Its been a few years now and the game doesn't look much better to me but I did stop following it pretty much right after the kickstarter ended lol

Matticers

Fuck it, I just pre-ordered it on PSN since I had enough credit to cover it.

This means the game will run like shit and I just wasted my money.

GodofWine

Fuck it, I just pre-ordered it on PSN since I had enough credit to cover it.

This means the game will run like shit and I just wasted my money.

Yea, I just cracked and ordered it via Amazon with the pre order discount and my 5% store card credit, so it only cost 8 dollars more than trade value.

People seem to really like this game, sounds like the zombies are well done.

Sye d'Burns

Loading screen keeps getting stuck for me.

Sitting here a long time, that's for sure. Music hasn't skipped, I'm giving it a couple to see if it's doing some sort of massive initial load.

Anyone else stuck at "telltale P U B L I S H I N G"?

I was sitting at a circled 7.

telltale literally just popped up.

edit: it's up to fun pimps. I'm going to ride it out and hope this is a one time thing.

now iron galaxy.

sloooow load.

Sitting here a long time, that's for sure. Music hasn't skipped, I'm giving it a couple to see if it's doing some sort of massive initial load.

I think it is. It's taking a bit but I got past multiple logos.

[EDIT] Got to the main menu, it's taking a minute. I'm waiting for it to register me pressing "New Game". This is really weird unless there's some sort of initial background install.

Sye d'Burns

Now at press options, but nothing happening. This is not starting off too good.

Yeah, option just hung there. It finally registered and moved on.

[EDIT] Got to the main menu, it's taking a minute. I'm waiting for it to register me pressing "New Game". This is really weird unless there's some sort of initial background install.

Information doesn't show anything installing.

edit: 10 minutes just to and I've given up. It hung at TTG (whatever had the exclamation point) on the main menu. I've restarted.

It is moving slightly faster. As in it took less than a minute for telltale to come up and a little more than a minute for fun pimps to pop. Unacceptable.

Yeah, option just hung there. It finally registered and moved on.

Information doesn't show anything installing.

At this point, I mean what can we hope for? This is pretty rough, if we're going to have to deal with this every single time we load up the game I might as well wait for this to get patched. This is miserably slow for no reason.

Corpekata

Banned
How did this even get on to PS4? I thought they didn't have an official early access type program. Did they slap a 1.0 onto the patch notes and call it a day?

Sye d'Burns

How did this even get on to PS4? I thought they didn't have an official early access type program. Did they slap a 1.0 onto the patch notes and call it a day?

5 minutes on reload to get to the main menu. Another three before I could actually scroll.

I'm thinking you might be on to something.

edit: 3 more minutes and I can finally select my character. At least I can select Michonne because I can't scroll to the other ones yet. Who am I kidding, X wouldn't register either.

So, I'm assuming we're getting some sort of patch and soon?...

If this is going to be how it loads up EVERY time, it's going to be a really sad experience. This is absurd for PS4 users. How did this even seem "acceptable" for put out for launch? I understand its day one and it may have to do with servers and stuff, but man several minutes to register a button press on the main menu? Really?

Top Bottom