• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Streetpass Experiences

PtM

Banned
I went into my local Game today before going shopping, picked up 6 hits played them when I went for a coffee then on my way back from shopping I went back into Game to hopefully pick up some more hits on the way home and o got 0 hits :(
That's normal behaviour. You don't pick up the same people data twice. There may also be a cool down on a relay, but that's probably superstition.

vanty

Around six months after getting Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX I finally got my first Streetpass for it. Oddly it was while I was in my car driving home. Based on the time it was around when I was going over a railroad crossing with a gazillion people around having just got off the train. I guess it can work pretty quickly. Also got I'm assuming the same person for Link Between Worlds but not the plaza or anything else.

Would Nintendo Europe or even Nintendo Japan be better to contact?

I went into my local Game today before going shopping, picked up 6 hits played them when I went for a coffee then on my way back from shopping I went back into Game to hopefully pick up some more hits on the way home and o got 0 hits :(

I don't want to bring the issues with Game into this, but with the latest reports of their troubles, it seems that either Nintendo are going to buy Game or that there will be no StreetPass on the NX.

I don't want to come across as angry, but surely Nintendo Japan and also Nintendo America (not sure how much influence that they have) know that not everyone lives in such highly populated area's and cities where they can pick up StreetPass hits on the way to work via public transport or even just in passing on the street, look at the numbers of people with Pokémon Go where they had trouble playing because of the area they lived in, not everyone that owns a 3DS or prospective NX buyers are school children.
I'd contact Nintendo UK and NoE. UK first to complain directly.

I loitered outside a game last Saturday and picked up some puzzle pieces. I only have one puzzle piece left to finish the lot, it's a special pink piece for Rusty's Baseball. Those pieces are hard to get here in the UK because the panel wasn't released here as its a US-only game, I think. I need to wait for Nintendo of America to send out a special Spotpass Mii that I can get the piece off. Ugh. Just one more piece...!

Still, I've managed the whole lot without Homepass yet, which I'm glad about.

I changed from NZ@McD1 to attwifi and my openWRT based homepass relay started working again, for anyone else who is having issues with it. Still have no security and no password on that SSID, but I use a mac filter to only allow mine and my wife's 3DS to access that wifi network.

National Street Pass weekend or whatever it's called so I picked up 6 people from all over the place when I stopped at McDonalds. For some reason only the first person in the line gave me a bonus chance on puzzle pieces...why would that be? I think I have less than 100 pieces left.

Does NoA send out special Miis over SpotPass during National StreetPass weekends? I need just one visit from someone with a pink piece for Rusty's Baseball. I'd have loitered for Street Passes but I'm based in the UK.

If I use HomePass, how likely is it that I'll get that piece?

foltzie1

Does NoA send out special Miis over SpotPass during National StreetPass weekends? I need just one visit from someone with a pink piece for Rusty's Baseball. I'd have loitered for Street Passes but I'm based in the UK.

If I use HomePass, how likely is it that I'll get that piece?

If you use HomePass its a safe bet you'll find someone with all of the pieces.

National Street Pass weekend or whatever it's called so I picked up 6 people from all over the place when I stopped at McDonalds. For some reason only the first person in the line gave me a bonus chance on puzzle pieces...why would that be? I think I have less than 100 pieces left.
If I remember rightly. Bonus chance can occur if the person happens to have some amount of pieces more than you, not sure how many though.

Persona7

Banned
"mac address filtering" "security"

What am I reading? MAC addresses are not secure or private in any way and are broadcast for anyone to see. MAC filtering is not security in any form and can be bypassed with zero effort. I really hope you people don't leave a open wifi point running at all times with only mac filtering enabled.

Has anyone figured out the pattern for the Slot Racer booster chips? My second 3DS has a female light blue-wearing cat lover, and it consistently gives performance upgrades (normally +1, but occasionally +10).

Some of the goals are super-ridiculous and actually need a significant amount of booster stats to even be possible.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone figured out the pattern for the Slot Racer booster chips? My second 3DS has a female light blue-wearing cat lover, and it consistently gives performance upgrades (normally +1, but occasionally +10).

Some of the goals are super-ridiculous and actually need a significant amount of booster stats to even be possible.

On the first set of courses on the second special track, I really need a speed booster for it :/ I practiced and practiced to go through it flawlessly, and I'm ALWAYS one second over the time limit! I was hoping to get all the challenges done before moving onto the next sections, but I just went "screw it" and continued on. Not as easy as it seems without the boosters.

I managed to get that final pink Rusty's Baseball puzzle piece yesterday! It's really difficult in the UK as the game wasn't released here, but I had a nightmare journey home from work yesterday and along the way streetpassed someone from Indiana who had the piece. I now have a little medal badge on the puzzle swap icon to indicate I'm all finished. 1,667 pieces. No use of Homepass!

I managed to get that final pink Rusty's Baseball puzzle piece yesterday! It's really difficult in the UK as the game wasn't released here, but I had a nightmare journey home from work yesterday and along the way streetpassed someone from Indiana who had the piece. I now have a little medal badge on the puzzle swap icon to indicate I'm all finished. 1,667 pieces. No use of Homepass!

If you think that's bad, I had to go through this on my Japanese 3DS for both the Japanese version of that puzzle (which isn't compatible with the US version of the puzzle) and Daigasso Band Brothers while not living in or having ever been to Japan. The first Monster Hunter puzzle was also Japanese exclusive for a long time but we eventually got that one here.

In the end, it took a friend visiting Japan to bring back the pieces I needed; I had let him know which pieces I was missing, which numbered around 3-5 by then.

Susurrus

Ultimate Angler,

How do I get more 3 star rods? I catch lots and lots of 3 star fish, but no luck. Is there a trick to get them to drop more? I'd like to upgrade my UFO rod more, but this is aggravating.

n64coder

Ultimate Angler,

How do I get more 3 star rods? I catch lots and lots of 3 star fish, but no luck. Is there a trick to get them to drop more? I'd like to upgrade my UFO rod more, but this is aggravating.

Just keep catching 3 star fish and you'll get more 3 star rods. Have you caught all of the fish in the game? Gotten silver for all of them? Gold? I think it wasn't until I got silver for all fish when I maxed out my UFO rod.

bumpkin

Geez, I'm very disappointed with the Street Pass Weekends lately. I never seem to get any game specific passes for anything when I hit my local McDonald's during them, most notably Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I would understand if nobody local was playing the game since the update, but I find it hard to believe I haven't gotten any whatsoever when it's supposedly distributing passes from players the world over.

LoveCake

Geez, I'm very disappointed with the Street Pass Weekends lately. I never seem to get any game specific passes for anything when I hit my local McDonald's during them, most notably Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I would understand if nobody local was playing the game since the update, but I find it hard to believe I haven't gotten any whatsoever when it's supposedly distributing passes from players the world over.

Where are you from? if you are in the UK then only Game stores have Streetpass servers now.

Is streetpass dying? Been on a trip to NYC and after touring the Empire State Building, the Museum of Modern Art and walking through Times Square about 4 times, I've gotten only one tag.

Or was it always this bad? I've only ever had good experiences with streetpass in the 4-5 years I've been using it, but maybe that's bc my experiences were limited to airports, Disneyland, conventions and my college's campus

Oxx

Definitely dead in Europe.

After they managed to sucker a few people into buying the last round of Plaza games.

Loptous

It's still a bit alive in the metro of Paris.

Still manage to get at least 10 streetpass every week (and surprisingly mostly from people who got a 3DS recently from what I can tell by playing Warrior's Way : P).

Never got to play the new games.
Never got to catch that one final fish.
Never got to get the 1 million Streetpasses achievement that I was only 992,000 hits away from.

RIP Streetpass.

I still carry my 3DSes around but rarely get anything unless I wander in range of a relay. They primarily get use at conventions for me; I still have no problem hitting the 100 line limit at big events.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I dtill take mine around... Sometimes I get a hit or two. I'm behinf on my games, but haven,t been in the mood for them lately.

LoveCake

RaspiPass - HomePass for the Raspberry Pi 3 is where I get 90% of my hits now, we only have Game stores here in the UK now with relays, I have been using RaspiPass for sometime now.

n64coder

After they managed to sucker a few people into buying the last round of Plaza games.

I'm one of them. I also got the VIP pass which I appreciate because it lets me bank people that are waiting in my queue so I'm always playing with a full set of 10 miis.

Andyliini

It looks like 3DS's Puzzle Swap still draws breath. I just got a new puzzle piece, and it's for Culdcept Revolt. No pink pieces this time, so easier to complete. European user here.

Sorry for bump, I don't feel this is enough news for a new topic.

Teppic

StreetPass is pretty dead. Would be nice if Nintendo would hand out the pink pieces now. There's a lot of puzzles I haven't completed.

foltzie1

StreetPass is pretty dead. Would be nice if Nintendo would hand out the pink pieces now. There's a lot of puzzles I haven't completed.

Indeed, probably worth firing up a Homepass server if you need to knock out puzzles at this point.

I still haven't been able to fully gold the Slot Car game since some of the items basically require a +3 or more on speed.

LoveCake

Indeed, probably worth firing up a Homepass server if you need to knock out puzzles at this point.

I still haven't been able to fully gold the Slot Car game since some of the items basically require a +3 or more on speed.

RaspiPass is what you need.

The latest plaza update introduced bonus pieces. I'm beyond the point of needing it, but I watched it happen on a friend's 3DS and it was basically handing out 20-25 pieces per pass.

Teppic

The latest plaza update introduced bonus pieces. I'm beyond the point of needing it, but I watched it happen on a friend's 3DS and it was basically handing out 20-25 pieces per pass.
Yes, it's nice. It still requires actuall StreetPasses with people that have the complete puzzles though. Pretty much no one use StreetPass anymore. They put that update out way too late to be of much use.

Yes, it's nice. It still requires actuall StreetPasses with people that have the complete puzzles though. Pretty much no one use StreetPass anymore. They put that update out way too late to be of much use.

Anime and gaming conventions are still really good for getting passes. It's the only time I get passes anymore now with the Home Depot relays here not really working anymore. Combined with VIP room, I just shove everyone into the line now and usually walk away from the event with 80-90 people to get through at my own pace.

I recently got all the recipes in Feed Mii. Still working on jumboing a couple, and I have to advance it all the way through the Find Mii II map to get the completion ribbon. Launcher is an unexpected favorite at the moment, and was just told by a friend the chain counter caps at 999, lol

Mii Trek and Fishing continue to be thorns in my completist side. I'm still trying to get a couple challenges done in Slot Racer too, and I'm just kind of slogging through Market Crashers still.

I had managed to forget the Culdcept puzzle was one my JP 3DS got months, if not years ago. Was hoping for something truly new, but I guess that's too much to ask in 2017.

Regiruler

Culdcept Revolt panel is now available. 15 pieces, 0 pinks

I thought they were going to stop updating since Sun and Moon never got a panel.

I don't think I've ever seen this in my life.

I read somewhere that it stops if you're at a certain completion percentage though, and with all blues collected (barring Culdcept) I'm definitely there.

Regiruler

I hate how they pretty much made the bottom right corners nearly impossible to get. I've had that been the last blue piece for at least 8 different puzzles.

BooJoh

I don't think I've ever seen this in my life.

I read somewhere that it stops if you're at a certain completion percentage though, and with all blues collected (barring Culdcept) I'm definitely there.

I have three 3DS systems and the two that didn't have all the puzzles were getting the bonus pieces. It's crazy, but a nice way to catch up for new 3DS owners.

Unicorn

Well, I haven't received a single streetpass in months and I just moved to Portland which is a pretty nerdy town. Malls, University, and farmer's markets (one at the university) and all resulted in 0 streetpasses. 3DS is dead. No one is carrying theirs around anymore.

It's too bad, honestly.

LoveCake

I use RaspiPass and I think it is worth getting a Raspberry Pi for imo.

I use mine everyday.

There is only one store here in the UK now and that's it, how much longer it will be going since Switch doesn't support it I have no idea.

Top Bottom