• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Streetpass Experiences

So they mention being able to handle up to 100 passes at once with "Premium". Is there any good reason other than that to have Premium?

I feel like when it first became a thing, I decided it wasn't worth 5 bucks. Am I missing something?
Birthdays have plaza tickets, so you're at the least missing out on those.

So now which places are valid for Streetpass? McDonalds and Best Buy don't have attwifi anymore. Burger King does now though. Any other places I should be frequenting?

donny2112

Premium:
* Get plaza tickets for Birthday accomplisments (all days in a month, same as your Birthday, Feb. 29, etc.)
* VIP room to save Miis that you don't want to age out
* Should have a new option when visitors at the game to send them to a line instead of playing with them and losing the currently active Miis (Can have just over 100 in this "line" altogether).

If you don't have the VIP room, then you don't have Premium. There's probably other ways to check, but that seems to be a straightforward one.

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Streetpass_Premium

PtM

Banned
When out today I had some Mii's to play with, then as I only had time to play with them on the new games, I pressed the [home] button to get back onto the main 3DS home screen, then when I got home the icon was flashing with the green light, notifying that I has Passed more Mii's so when I went back in, it said the same thing that I can either play with the Mii's that I had previously played with or to go to the entrance which would mean that I wouldn't be able to play with them again, so how do you send Mii's to the queue?

UK 3DS.
There's a menu point for the queue, maybe trigger it?

For the VIP queue upgrade, it still maxes out at 10 in the line but if you have players who haven't played a game yet and more come up, a new option appears when choosing the arrow to go to the gate. Now you can send the next group "to the line" and that is what has a capability more than 10. You have to send people to the line, though, or your queue waiting will max out at 10 again.

Old way:
1. Get 10 in a line and greet them.
2. If you haven't finished playing with those 10, up to 10 more can queue in the Plaza Gate.
3. That's it.

New way:
1. Get 10 in a line and greet them.
2. If you haven't finished playing with those 10, up to 10 more can queue in the Plaza Gate.
3. If you choose the arrow to the Plaza Gate, a new option appears to send the 10 at the Plaza Gate to a line. Choose that, and another 10 can now queue up at the Plaza Gate.
4. Repeat 2 and 3.

Basically gives you more time to play with the characters before you start losing Streetpasses if you're conscious of sending those at the Gate to "the line." When you hit the max (guess 100, but haven't gotten to that, yet), you'll still start missing Streetpasses, though. Also the speedy queue and fast games make a big difference!
Thanks for this info. What do I need to become a VIP member so I can get more than 10 people in my queue?

I have three more puzzle panels to complete:

Rusty's Baseball
Chibi Robo Photo Finder
Yokai Watch

I'm not sure if any of these puzzle panels made it out in Europe, because I find it really had to get pieces for these. I'm sure Rusty's Baseball didn't hit in the UK. My 3DS is NTSC-U, so looks like I'm going to have trouble getting these unless I can go to a trade show.

MANUELF

Banned
Thats not fun lol. I want to get tons of profit in one swope......which is why i end up in this predicament now.T_T HELPPPP RNG.

You end up spending way too much time doing that just like you are suffering and in that time you could have been gaining less but constantly, I already got the win 100k in every second achievement :D

Based on initial impressions on my first romp through the new games:

Market Crashers > Slot Racers > Ninja Launcher >= Feed Mii > Mii Trek

Mii Trek is the only one I'm iffy on. I like the gameplay just fine, but you use up so many steps that it'll be hard to make any worthwhile progress even with 10 people.

Also, are those photos missable? I didn't get the one in the tutorial.

I'm just glad none of these are based on RNG, or at least not nearly to the extent as the fishing game (it took me waaaaay too long to get a level 3 Big-Catch Boost rod in that game).

Oxx

After all that fuss, I actually forgot to take my 3DS with me when I went away this weekend.

At least it is nice and charged.

foltzie1

These new games and VIP plaza option prompted me to fire up Streetpass Relay and I now have 71 Mii's queued up.

If you are on the fence, I think all of the games and the VIP plaza are have been fun enough to warrant the cost. These changes could make a trip to a convention much more fun.

casiopao

You end up spending way too much time doing that just like you are suffering and in that time you could have been gaining less but constantly, I already got the win 100k in every second achievement :D

Hehe.^_^ I got 300k immediately lol with all that gamble. 100k is my normal income so it is not that good anymore lol.

Time to prepare myself for moar money money money.^_^

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It's been awesome doing this at PAX! I accidently dismissed 10 people the first time, when I thought "go to gate" meant "add people to queue", somehow. Oh well. I have over 100 in queue, so it'll take a bit to get through.... especially since I have to clear things out for tomorrow. Still gettimg used to the games. I'm terrible at the ninja game, so I'll need more practice for that one.

_woLf

I don't know if it's been said or not, but the amount of street pass lucky chances you get is a set amount. Once you've used them all, they're gone. And you seem to burn through your set limit even if the person doesn't have multiple (or even any at all) pieces.

And the new 100 limit doesn't work nearly as well as it should. It should just automatically have 100 people be able to be queued up at once, but as it is now, you still have to open your 3ds every 10 people or else you still miss out on everyone else.

Don't be dumb like me and buy premium because of confusing information (and in the lucky chance's case, straight up false advertising, as it never to my knowledge says it's a limited allotment) and regret it later.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
What are street pass lucky chances? All I know, is that I've had at most 106 people in queue. Sometimes 103. I've constently been checking on it at PAX to add in people. Sometimes I'd just push people through the gate if I was going to be a while, and was close to 100 anyways.

Madao

today i wasn't able to receive any streetpasses with homepass on my updated 3DSs. i kept one without updating (homebrew) and that one does receive homepass streetpasses.

did they block homepass?

today i wasn't able to receive any streetpasses with homepass on my updated 3DSs. i kept one without updating (homebrew) and that one does receive homepass streetpasses.

did they block homepass?
They made changes to the Nintendo Zone hotspot list so you're going to have to rename your homepass SSID with one that is still valid.
https://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/3ds_nzonehotspots.php?version=v19457
Some more technical reading: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Nintendo_Zone

The one thing that sucks about the line is that if you StreetPass the same relay and people haven't changed you don't "gain" them into the line. Instead, they get overridden. So in reality, you can't just stockpile a bunch of Mii's for the end of the week. You still really want to be cycling Mii's through the normal queue unless you are at a convention or area where you see a lot of unique miis.

The heck is going on? I haven't had ANY streetpasses for the past two days. I work SLAP BANG in Central London, too. This has only ever happened once before.

I have the latest firmware AND I paid $4.99 for this bloody upgraded plaza.

Anyone else had any issues?

LoveCake

The heck is going on? I haven't had ANY streetpasses for the past two days. I work SLAP BANG in Central London, too. This has only ever happened once before.

Yes the same here, I usually get hits when I am in town on a Saturday in Argos, Game, HMV and MacDonalds, and I got zero in Argos, and when I went into MacDonalds for a coffee I looked and had not got any again, so I went into the settings to check, they were all ok, then when I went back to the home screen the green StreetPass icon did light up for a few seconds as I was about to leave, but then went off, after going into Game there were some hits as I checked when I had left the shop, I am not able to tell if I got any from HMV though as I went in there after Game.

I updated my Original 3DS Tuesday I think it was, I didn't get any hits from Argos last weekend either so I think they may have stopped doing it there.

I am only able to get hits on a Saturday, this is the thing that Nintendo don't seem to understand and its the same with Pokémon Go, unless you live in a major city and commute using public transport or are a school child, you have little chance of getting any hits.

It needs to either be like Miimoto or Nintendo should sell a device that connects to the internet and will give you ten passes a day, I don't think they could do this with the 3DS/2DS if they can then they should.

It's never been confirmed but through past experience I'm fairly sure you can only Streetpass other units that have the same firmware.
I say this as after every system update I stop getting passes from relays, sometimes up to a couple of weeks at a time, and then they start rolling in again as usual.
It's almost as if this is the time to takes for everybody to update their systems.
Again nothing's confirmed though...

Madao

if a lot of people who use homepass also use homebrew, it's not surprising they wouldn't update right away.

i updated since i use online services often and not having them would be annoying (workarounds exist but they're annoying and i rarely use homebrew and what i use doesn't get broken usually. only thing i use that is broken atm is NTR streaming)

No, that's not true. My 3DS is on the latest firmware and is able to streetpass my other 2 3DS that are on older firmware (one is on version 6?).

Ahh I should clarify that I'm talking about relay points, I can't imagine I've had many actual real-life Passes for a long while now :p
I'm not sure if it's the OS update or the update to the Plaza software itself, but I've definitely experienced this a few times now post-update.

Susurrus

This is annoying, lately I've made no progress at all on Ultimate Angler. I still am missing a few mystery fish in the later islands, and nobody that owns the game is telling me about these fish, and even when I hit a multiple of 10 streetpasses w/ my wife, it either is giving me ones I already have on low islands or not giving me anything so I'm not able to get the last ticket I need of catch every fish. I have Cheep Cheep and Blooper and all the mystery fish from the beginning island set.

Also, I go to catch 3 star fish anyway, but no chests are dropping, so I can't further improve my UFO rod.

Only two games are I have left to get tickets on (besides beating the new games) are that and Warrior's Way, which I'm slowly but surely making progress on that 300 battles ticket (58 left to go).

I guess this is more of a rant if anything but if there is any advice to get those last fish that I don't know about I'll take it.

Yes the same here, I usually get hits when I am in town on a Saturday in Argos, Game, HMV and MacDonalds, and I got zero in Argos, and when I went into MacDonalds for a coffee I looked and had not got any again, so I went into the settings to check, they were all ok, then when I went back to the home screen the green StreetPass icon did light up for a few seconds as I was about to leave, but then went off, after going into Game there were some hits as I checked when I had left the shop, I am not able to tell if I got any from HMV though as I went in there after Game.

I updated my Original 3DS Tuesday I think it was, I didn't get any hits from Argos last weekend either so I think they may have stopped doing it there.

I am only able to get hits on a Saturday, this is the thing that Nintendo don't seem to understand and its the same with Pokémon Go, unless you live in a major city and commute using public transport or are a school child, you have little chance of getting any hits.

It needs to either be like Miimoto or Nintendo should sell a device that connects to the internet and will give you ten passes a day, I don't think they could do this with the 3DS/2DS if they can then they should.
I managed to get 2 streetpasses the other day, but I reckon I walked past some actual 3DS systems. Since then, absolutely nothing. I used to get 10 most days.

I think I'm going to write Nintendo UK a complaint to see what's up.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Street Passing was incredibly vibrant in NYC until a few weeks ago, when suddenly I BARELY get any... maybe 1-2 a week now.

Hoping Pokemon Sun and Moon will bring it back so I can actually play these new Street Pass games.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i had 3
My 3ds xl ,2ds and new 3ds xl..
oh and the international ones everyone got.
fml :(

Street Passing was incredibly vibrant in NYC until a few weeks ago, when suddenly I BARELY get any... maybe 1-2 a week now.

Hoping Pokemon Sun and Moon will bring it back so I can actually play these new Street Pass games.
I reckon it's something to do with this latest firmware update not working with relays.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question about the music list:

I'm missing a song from Flower Town that goes in between Courtyard and Your Garden. Any idea what I missed? Already got every flower (but not every colour for each).

MANUELF

Banned
Quick question about the music list:

I'm missing a song from Flower Town that goes in between Courtyard and Your Garden. Any idea what I missed? Already got every flower (but not every colour for each).

Is called "A Friends Garden", have you streetpassed someone with the game and saw their gardens right?

PS: Im missing a Monster Manor song between Setting a Piece 1 and Puzzle Box and the two from the mii plaza between Main Theme 5 and SalesBunny and another two between SalesBunny and Puzzle Swap Title

entremet

Tourist Season?

Back to School?

Bonus Chance is pretty awesome btw.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Is called "A Friends Garden", have you streetpassed someone with the game and saw their gardens right?

PS: Im missing a Monster Manor song between Setting a Piece 1 and Puzzle Box and the two from the mii plaza between Main Theme 5 and SalesBunny and another two between SalesBunny and Puzzle Swap Title

Ohhhhhhhh I don't think I ever did! I guess I can take it out of the vault and do that just to get the song. As for the ones you're missing, I have no idea how I even got all mine, so I know I'm not too much of help :x

PtM

Banned
Ohhhhhhhh I don't think I ever did! I guess I can take it out of the vault and do that just to get the song. As for the ones you're missing, I have no idea how I even got all mine, so I know I'm not too much of help :x
You can start the game from inside the vault, I believe.

You're missing:

Setting a Piece 2: higher numbered puzzle boxes have different music.
Main Theme 6 and Main Theme 7: get more tags.
StreetPass Birthdays and VIP Room: you need to purchase premium for these.

Weebos

Banned
Looks like my local Best Buy is no longer a relay. Went today and yesterday and got nothing.

I'll have to look into homepass now that I finally pay for my own internet.

Andyliini

I have been streetpassing my girlfrien daily for a while now. Recently I hit 999 StreetPass hits, which seems to be the maximum limit. Now, I still do miss a few Rare Fishes from StreetPass Fishing. Now that I have hit 999 hits, I can't get those fishes from her anymore.

Is it possible to just delete her Mii from my Plaza, to start the hit countdown anew?

I have been streetpassing my girlfrien daily for a while now. Recently I hit 999 StreetPass hits, which seems to be the maximum limit. Now, I still do miss a few Rare Fishes from StreetPass Fishing. Now that I have hit 999 hits, I can't get those fishes from her anymore.

Is it possible to just delete her Mii from my Plaza, to start the hit countdown anew?

Yes, a friend did exactly that for the exact same reason. I don't have the process to do it on hand, but it's definitely possible.

I'll have to look into homepass now that I finally pay for my own internet.

I had been getting discouraged at all the local stores and McDs that were no longer SP relay locations, so last Friday I set up Homepass on an old Linksys router using DD-WRT firmware and it's been the best thing ever. I'll never take my 3DS out of the house again unless I'm traveling.

foltzie1

I had been getting discouraged at all the local stores and McDs that were no longer SP relay locations, so last Friday I set up Homepass on an old Linksys router using DD-WRT firmware and it's been the best thing ever. I'll never take my 3DS out of the house again unless I'm traveling.

My good sir, I hope you are racking up at least a 1000 or so steps a day ;-) Help us players of Trek Mii (or whatever its called) out.

Top Bottom