• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Holland Confirms That Peter Parker Appeared in Iron Man 2

SpaceWolf

Banned
Bucky died in the comics around forty years before the winter soldier storyline

I'm aware of that, I'm asking whether the nature of his death allowed the creators any creative wiggle room to bring the character back at a later date (eg. was he unambiguously shot in the head, or did he just fall ambiguously into some mist like in First Avenger?)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I think the crazier implication here is that the MCU moves in real time. 7 years between movies = 7 years in universe

Slayven

Did Bucky die in a way in the comics that was unambiguous, or did it play out in a similar way to the films where they left enough room for him to come back?
It was a crashing flying bomb, but they brought people back from worse. Hell Hawkeye and Antman was vaporized but they brought him back

I think the crazier implication here is that the MCU moves in real time. 7 years between movies = 7 years in universe

I think there have been indications to that effect all along. The only times they go out of their way to indicate otherwise is when there's a story reason for it (like Dr. Strange, which has a time skip in the middle, or GotG2, which clearly picks up right after the first).

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
LOL, yeah sure.

With how crazy people go over statements like this I'm surprised they don't do it more often. I remember this ridiculous theory people had (even here on GAF) about that one truck driver in TWS being the Punisher or some idiotic shit like that.

I remember that but I remember it as being Hawkeye not Punisher

RangerX

Banned
It was a crashing flying bomb, but they brought people back from worse. Hell Hawkeye and Antman was vaporized but they brought him back

Basically. He could have been dismembered and his limbs sent to all corners of the earth and writers still could have brought him back.it happens all the time in comics.

histopher

Did they confirm Punisher was driving the truck in Winter Soldier too? Or has that been confirmed false as he is now Netflix tier.

Fj0823

Yup, was confirmed. Fun little nod. IIRC there's a mock-up of Rex with that gear on too.

late reply but It's not a mock up, it's his gear for season 4

tumblr_ood1hczwpj1rth2h5o1_500.jpg

SpaceWolf

Banned
Seems like it's legit bothering some people though, for I can't for the life of me understand why. It's like getting bugged by
Stan Lee working with the Watchers
in GotG2

That did bug me, if only because Stan was making a reference to having done something in 2016 in a film set in 2014.

Yes, I fully acknowledge that is nit-picking to the point of madness.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
That did bug me, if only because Stan was making a reference to having done something in 2016 in a film set in 2014.

Yes, I fully acknowledge that is nit-picking to the point of madness.

he was doing work for the Watchers as a 90 year old man during World War II

he clearly can time hop a bit

How the fuck did he afford to go there? Lol

Hmm. According to Wikipedia, the real life World's Fairs in the 30's and 60's (at Flushing Meadows, just like the Stark Expo) cost the modern equivalent of about $20. It's probably like going to Maker's Faire.

And it's in his neighborhood. Well, it's in Queens at least. If that apartment is still in Forest Hills like May and Peter's house is usually depicted as being, it's RIGHT by there. Although I kinda don't think that's where they live in the MCU. EDIT: Oh, but the Expo was 8 years ago... They probably moved to the apartment after Ben died or something.

LionPride

Banned
Fun fact: Thor was also in IM2. Remember that one star in the sky? That's actually Thor.

I remember during the Incredible Hulk, during the scene where he throws the rock because of the lightning, people had theories that it was Thor coming down after being banished.

Glass Rebel

It's kinda funny how a silly remark like this, most likely based on a joke among the cast and further embellished by Tom, illicits comments about this being a stupid retcon as if Marvel wasn't aware of that. Because obviously all these actors and crew hand in every human trait at the door when they enter the big Disney machine to make movies where they wear spandex.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
That's pretty cute, haha.

lol @ anyone bothered by this or pointing out it's a retcon like it's some aha information that dimishes it.

Nepenthe

That's pretty cute, haha.

lol @ anyone bothered by this or pointing out it's a retcon like it's some aha information that dimishes it.

Yeah, I'm pretty surprised that people are turning their nose up at something that's ultimately just a cute little nod. No fun allowed; Geezus.

Top Bottom