• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Holland Confirms That Peter Parker Appeared in Iron Man 2

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I don't mind harmless fun retcons, don't see any problem in this.

Glass Rebel

Easter eggs are deliberate. This is like picking up an egg in a hen house and calling it an Easter egg.

More like going into a hen house to pick up a random egg, going to some guy who works in the cowsheds to ask if it's an easter egg and him going "sure, whatever makes you happy".

Shaanyboi

Banned

They're just pissed they got rekt

724657ac62f16cb8812274ecde2fa7ab.jpg

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I'll accept this.

My head canon is that the woman we hear yelling isn't May but Mary Parker, Peter's mother. While Mary and Richard Parker are running around trying to find their son in the chaos, they are killed by Hammer droids in the scene just prior to the kid scene, where they shoot rockets into a building and drop debris onto a crowd of people descending the stairs. Peter sees his parents murdered in front of him and decides to stand up to the droids like his hero Iron Man. People see the scene and think it's just a funny scene of some kid just being cute and dumb, but we are looking at a kid who lost everything and is standing up with the only weapon he has, because he has nothing left to lose.

Lol this is way too melodramatic.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It absolutely is. Hilarious how some people are eating it up with a spoon.

This isn't filmmaking. Jesus Christ this is not filmmaking. This is fan service wankery to get the sheep in line for ticket sales.

is anyone suggesting this is the height of the medium? or are we just having fun with the connective tissue between our summer blockbusters?

though understanding this might not let you do the whole 'internet false sense of superiority' thing that's awfully popular, so i get it

kind of want a My Two Caps situation for Homecoming 2 or 3

Blader

This isn't filmmaking. Jesus Christ this is not filmmaking. This is fan service wankery to get the sheep in line for ticket sales.

What's hilarious is how some people are having panic attacks over this.

The only alarming thing about this retcon is how small that kid is in IM2 and how much fucking time has passed since that movie. That feels very weird to me.

This is literally just Marvel going: "Yeah, sure." to an internet fan theory, calm down.

SpaceWolf

Banned

This is like something you'd read in the journal of a high school shooter.

Top Bottom