• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

DrkSage

Dropped around 1000 trophies from 4700 all the way to 3700 *shrugs*

I just reached that point where this game sucked all the happiness out of me and I'm not going to keep spewing shit and salt for it. There's some fuckery going on with the matchmaking that's for damn sure. I just wish there was a law were apart from showing the % of drops they also explained how the matchmaking works. Because at least in hearthstone you know it's because of skill level, but clash royale? There's more to it, a lot more to it. I mean, what are the chances i make a fireball bait deck, 3 muskees, barbs, elixir pump, cards that usually get blown the fuck out of the way... and as soon as I press that button I get paired with someone that has mirror, fireball, Valkyrie, firespirits. Seriously the hell Is that?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Tweaked my deck a bit. Would like some advice on maybe what to switch and swap out with please.

Musk 9
E Whiz 2
Knight 10 (have $ to upgrade)
GG 10 (have $)
Tombstone 8
Miner 2
Log 2
Fireball 8

First off, I can upgrade either knight or GG to 11. Which one would you recommend? I'm leaning knight. I also have minions that can be upgraded to 11 in case that is a card I might add. I had them in my deck before I added the knight. Currently sitting at 38,000 gold. I'm really intrigued by the Night Witch so saving up for her in my shop is something I'm heavily considering.

3675 trophies lvl 10.

Thanks guys!

Brakke

Banned
Gobs are a more important upgrade than Knight. Stabby-Gobs can be killed by slightly higher level Zap and EWiz arrival, so you wanna keep their level high to avoid giving your opponent that edge.

Cooter

Gobs are a more important upgrade than Knight. Stabby-Gobs can be killed by slightly higher level Zap and EWiz arrival, so you wanna keep their level high to avoid giving your opponent that edge.
Thumbs up. Thank you.

Brakke

Banned
Yeah I usually prioritize upgrading lower-hp cards because they're more likely to have weird breakpoints on matchups.

Like an Ice Spirit that's equal-level with the enemy crown tower can survive running the lane alone and splash on the tower to do his 100 damage. Lower levels get killed on the approach. That's obviously not impressive damage but it's more Elixir-efficient than hitting a crown tower with say a Fireball. The point is that an Ice Spirit that cycles your deck while doing some chip damage is better than an Ice Spirit that only cycles your deck.

The Wizards have break points against Fireball. Level 8 Fireball kills Level 1 Ewiz, but not Level 2 Ewiz. Ice Wiz is a bit hardier, but Fire Wiz has similar see-saws on surviving Fireball or not.

Don't let your Knight languish but generally speaking, whether a tank dies to 11 arrows or 12 doesn't make much difference, while whether a Gob dies to 2 skelly-stabs or 3 is huge -- that's 50% more time in the fight!

Cooter

I upgraded my GG. Thanks guys. I have about 22k so I should havce 40 in 2-4 weeks when the Night Witch pops up in my shop. I think this card will do well in my deck based on everything I've seen.

JoeNut

does/has anyone played lavaloon lightning? my deck is

lavahound 1
Lightning 4
loon 4
minions 11
gob army 10
tombstone 7
mega minion 7
arrows 9

I kind of want to play this deck, but i seem to suck.

any tips?

hollomat

Banned
Supercell needs to do something about hog. I can believe they nerfed Royal Giant and Elite barbs but let hog untouched.

I'm seeing lvl 10 and 11 hogs in almost every other game. Cycle decks seem to be everywhere in this meta.

JoeNut

Supercell needs to do something about hog. I can believe they nerfed Royal Giant and Elite barbs but let hog untouched.

I'm seeing lvl 10 and 11 hogs in almost every other game. Cycle decks seem to be everywhere in this meta.

Agreed, it's been OP for too long.

ALso thanks Kio, i'll watch that

Matt Frost

Yep, hogs are everywhere. Too many. Easiest card to play in the gamw

JDdelphin

Agreed, it's been OP for too long.

Joe. I will fight you.

It is guaranteed king tower activation with tornado, stopped by bowler, countered by every building in the game, countered by every swarm in the game, etc

j/k about fighting you but cripes.

Lower the speed, it won't get that one hit on the tower- lower the damage and that one or two swings would mean even less.

Buff other cards.
Don't nerf the ones that work imo

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I don't even use hog anymore they suck, but go ahead and nerf it and leave the real OP unit, inferno dragon alone.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I don't know that I'd consider any cards unbalanced at the moment. Things seem in a pretty good place overall.

Cooter

Yet again I come seeking advice. My previous deck just didn't have enough firepower. Now I'm trying this in challenge and it seems to be working well. Gotta upgrade before I run it on ladder but what do you guys think?

IT 7
Zap 10
Log 2
GG 11
GB 5
Princess 2 (1 away from 3!)
EB 10
E Whiz 2

3675, lvl 10

Thoughts? Suggestions? I've considered swapping log for rocket to leave me less vulnerable to pumps but damn I love my log. Either that or swap GB for miner but GB allows my GG and Princess to be so much more effective.

HotHamBoy

I fought and clawed my way back up to 2297, my highest yet.

Of course the game matches me (LV 8) with a Level 9 in the next arena. I lost BUT I'm still at 2270. I just need two more wins to seal it and i can get some new toys.

But I'm so anxious about another regression! I just want to get new cards! I feel like I've been in Arena 7 for ages.

Edit: I DID IT. FUCK YES.

Got 30 trophies, exactly 2300. Beat abother level 9 in an exciting comeback, he got my first tower right away and beat my king down 2/3rds before I was able to get two of his towers before time ran out.

Feels good man.

Now should I spend $10 on this offer? 100k gold is fucking great but the Magical Chest is pretty meh.

Cooter

I fought and clawed my way back up to 2297, my highest yet.

Of course the game matches me (LV 8) with a Level 9 in the next arena. I lost BUT I'm still at 2270. I just need two more wins to seal it and i can get some new toys.

But I'm so anxious about another regression! I just want to get new cards! I feel like I've been in Arena 7 for ages.

Edit: I DID IT. FUCK YES.

Got 30 trophies, exactly 2300. Beat abother level 9 in an exciting comeback, he got my first tower right away and beat my king down 2/3rds before I was able to get two of his towers before time ran out.

Feels good man.

Now should I spend $10 on this offer? 100k gold is fucking great but the Magical Chest is pretty meh.
Absolutely. No brainer.

So I have a bunch of cards ready to upgrade(17) and gold is really holding me back. I'm at 435 gems. Is it not wise spending these on that 10k gold pack? I'm pretty new to the game so i'm not sure what to do with it's currency.

The 10k gold pack is probably the best realistic gold pack you can get without paying.

Legendary chests also cost 500 gems and give you a random legendary. Depending on how badly you want a legendary, you could go for that too.

If you are very consistently good at playing, challenges are good for gold too.

Brakke

Banned
Gold packs are fine early on when you only need a couple hundred, maybe a few thousand gold to upgrade a card. You're accelerating your tower level upgrade which is very important.

Later on, when upgrades cost 50k gold, buying gold is basically pointless.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
So I have a bunch of cards ready to upgrade(17) and gold is really holding me back. I'm at 435 gems. Is it not wise spending these on that 10k gold pack? I'm pretty new to the game so i'm not sure what to do with it's currency.

You should really get in the habit of only upgrading those specific cards you use in your deck. It's very tempting to upgrade everything as the upgrades become available but you end up wasting a lot of gold that way upgrading cards you never or hardly use. You'll need every single bit of it in the long game.

Brakke

Banned
Eh. If you only play one deck forever, maybe that's the way to become an Ultra Champion but it's pretty boring. Plus, if you put all your resources into one deck and then a balance update or new release shatters its viability, then what will you do?

I just hit crown level 11 and most of my cards are two, occaisionally three, levels below my main deck average. And a ton of the cards I don't use are ready for upgrade. I could spend 50k upgrading one card I actively use, or put that into bringing four or five cards up to a viable level. Healthy spot to be in case I decide to (or need to) pivot to a new deck.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Eh. If you only play one deck forever, maybe that's the way to become an Ultra Champion but it's pretty boring. Plus, if you put all your resources into one deck and then a balance update or new release shatters its viability, then what will you do?

I didn't say to only ever play one deck nor spend all your resources on cards in just one deck.

There is no reason to spend gold on cards you don't use. If you want to swap a new card or cards in, then you can upgrade those at the time.

You should really get in the habit of only upgrading those specific cards you use in your deck. It's very tempting to upgrade everything as the upgrades become available but you end up wasting a lot of gold that way upgrading cards you never or hardly use. You'll need every single bit of it in the long game.
My deck is random as hell. I don't even know how to build a proper one with synergy.

No, spend your gems on challenges, better bang for the gem, unless you are really crap and dont get wins ofc.

HotHamBoy

I skipped plunking $10 on the deal. It will come around again.

So I'm back in Arena 7, back down to 2218. Never got a single Arena 8 card, not even a common.

I hate everything.

Cooter

This deck is killing it in the 10 gem challenge.

IT 7
Zap 10
Log 2
GG 11
GB 5
Princess 2 (1 away from 3!)
EB 10
E Whiz 2

Pretty much only ineffective against xbow decks. Last challenge I got 11 wins and right now I'm sitting at 11 with 1 loss. I think it's a keeper.

EDIT: Got the 12th. Oh man, if I can average 8-10 wins on these challenges that would be fantastic!

hollomat

Banned
There seems to have been a stealth change to giant, magic and super magic chests. They now have a set amount of gold instead of a range of gold you could receive.

There seems to have been a stealth change to giant, magic and super magic chests. They now have a set amount of gold instead of a range of gold you could receive.

Hm..

Is it more than before? SMC for arena 10 are showing as 5166 gold, didnt the range cap out previously at a little under 5000?

Just downloaded today, fun game to pass time with. At level 3 right now, is there a neogaf clan?
There are a couple, we have 1 or 2 spots free, the clan reference number is 20Y9PQ.

It's currently set to invite only but if you tell me your name I can invite you...or we can temporarily change the requirements so you can request to join. Just put your GAF name in your request as we get a lot of spam requests.

Dart

Oh I see, searched and found a few... I can join Neogaf Gold freely 😂😂 the others are request only.

I put my actual name on there: Edgar #8028CRJ9U

Probably should have used my neogaf handle

Oh I see, searched and found a few... I can join Neogaf Gold freely 😂😂 the others are request only.

I put my actual name on there: Edgar #8028CRJ9U

Probably should have used my neogaf handle

Ok cool, I don't keep track of the clans so not sure which ones are active...

I just looked an I can only send you an invite if we are Facebook friends...but you can send us a request to join.

If you want to do so, let me or Matush know and we'll drop the trophy requirement so that you can. I'll try and check this thread but PMs may be more reliable.

Got 12 wins for night witch on my alt then on my main back to back on the free runs.

Always pick lightning and night witch and you're good to go.

Cooter

Got 12 wins for night witch on my alt then on my main back to back on the free runs.

Always pick lightning and night witch and you're good to go.
Damn, that's impressive. I'm at 9 and feeling pretty good. 38k, magical and 265 cards.

muu

Ok cool, I don't keep track of the clans so not sure which ones are active...

I just looked an I can only send you an invite if we are Facebook friends...but you can send us a request to join.

If you want to do so, let me or Matush know and we'll drop the trophy requirement so that you can. I'll try and check this thread but PMs may be more reliable.

Just started as well, if I can get thrown an invite / do a join request that'd be awesome. Handle is same ingame.

Top Bottom