• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

muteki

Partway through Palace 7 and so far this one stands out as being the really long one.

Well that's your first mistake.... jk
I'm actually surprised more ppl aren't using the Japanese VAs since it's one of the things we got out of the February delay.
I thought everyone was like "OMG yasss original VAs!!!"
There were plenty of "screw dual audio, I want my game nao!1!1" comments too.

In English, I didn't use the Japanese voice track.
I'm actually surprised more ppl aren't using the Japanese VAs since it's one of the things we got out of the February delay.

Anyways post Palace 7 spoilers
so I have about 18 days or so left before Shidos confession, are these 18 days all I have left to spend time with Confidants?

Anyways post Palace 7 spoilers
so I have about 18 days or so left before Shidos confession, are these 18 days all I have left to spend time with Confidants?

Yes, and one (2?) more free day after.

Opa-Pa

I mean, for english voice over is one bad performance and the rest is all excellent, to the point many people who realize how bad the localization is agree that the voice actors help a lot to make it sound believable.

I caved. It looks amazing :D
Same. The X amount of days left bit looked like a jumbled mess, and I couldn't get the date to show up on the first screen, but after creating some folders and readjusting the location of the time, I like the way it is without it now.
09qeRXn.png

I just wish I had an icon for the play store. It stands out.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Palaces 3 and 5 have been my favorite dungeon themes so far. I also really like the song that plays when you go in for your final run on a palace.

How loud does this game run on OG PS4? I can't get myself to finish FFXV because it sounds like a fucking rocket is taking off (constantly).
I haven't had any noise issues on mine. It runs at around the same volume as any other PS4 game.

I mean, for english voice over is one bad performance and the rest is all excellent, to the point many people who realize how bad the localization is agree that the voice actors help a lot to make it sound believable.

The localization isn't outright BAD, really. Just a little too direct for my tastes in that you can often see the Japanese right behind it. But I agree that for the most part, the VA performances are fantastic and did a great job of making even the awkward sounding lines believable. Ann and Ryuji in particular pretty much nail all the right nuances of every line.

I usually avoid skipping the audio of Ryuji's lines whenever something weird or funny is happening, just because I want to see how he sounds with it.

Getting past it in NG+ has confirmed it: 5th palace has the best music.

Fight me.

I like pretty much all of the dungeon music so I don't know if I'd agree with "best," but I do love that song.

The second theme in the second dungeon gets a special mention for fitting the area it's in really well.

Same. The X amount of days left bit looked like a jumbled mess, and I couldn't get the date to show up on the first screen, but after creating some folders and readjusting the location of the time, I like the way it is without it now.

I just wish I had an icon for the play store. It stands out.
I used the shopping cart for the play store

I didnt want to go and do the entire theme even though its amazing, as it would replace my current "Wallpaper changer" live wallpaper that just rotates wallpapers every 30 minutes. I like the variety

However I did take advantage of those icons
rQV2gAD.png

dJ39WdG.png

Lunar15

Every single one of P4's dungeon themes are drilled into my head, but for the life of me I can't remember any of P5's themes prior to Whims of Fate.

I will also fight you.

Dungeon 3 and 4's themes are incredible and better than any dungeon theme in P4 (Heaven not included). This is coming from someone that ultimately prefers P4 to P5's soundtrack,

I will also fight you.

Dungeon 3 and 4's themes are incredible and better than any dungeon theme in P4 (Heaven not included). This is coming from someone that ultimately prefers P4 to P5's soundtrack,

It's not that I prefer 4's themes, so much as 5's were kind of forgettable? They just didn't stick with me at all for one reason or another.

Also, the Strip Club theme is the best dungeon theme in P4. Heaven is up there, though, along with Void Quest and Magatsu Inaba.

Only the game dungeon theme really stands out to me from P4. That one's as catchy as smallpox.
That one is great.

Lunar15

It's not that I prefer 4's themes, so much as 5's were kind of forgettable? They just didn't stick with me at all for one reason or another.

Also, the Strip Club theme is the best dungeon theme in P4. Heaven is up there, though, along with Void Quest and Magatsu Inaba.

That one is great.

I don't know how Price didn't get stuck in your head. Palace 4's theme is also classic, DDS-era meguro jammin. I was so happy when I heard it.

The funny thing is that you say that the stripclub was the best theme from 4, but I found that to be the most forgettable one. Just some oompts oompts. I liked Yukiko's Palace, Magatsu Inaba, and of course, Heaven.

HeelPower

The only thing I don't like about the localization is the usage of the word "Adults" by the characters.

I've never heard the word being used the way its used here. Especially not when the characters are almost young adults themselves.

"Those rotten adults"..like what..

I like everything else though.

Lunar15

The only thing I don't like about the localization is the usage of the word "Adults" by the characters.

I've never heard the word being used the way its used here. Especially not when the characters are almost young adults themselves.

"Those rotten adults"..like what..

I like everything else though.

I agree. It's one of those things where the term was likely an extremely important concept in japanese. ("Rotten Adults") and the localization team didn't find a natural way to make it fit into an english concept.

Same with all the weird, wordy sentences about "Expectations".

I don't know how Price didn't get stuck in your head. Palace 4's theme is also classic, DDS-era meguro jammin. I was so happy when I heard it.

The funny thing is that you say that the stripclub was the best theme from 4, but I found that to be the most forgettable one. Just some oompts oompts. I liked Yukiko's Palace, Magatsu Inaba, and of course, Heaven.

I think part of it is that "sleazy stripclub untz" is like the furthest point from my conception of "JRPG music".

And maybe that's why P5's themes didn't stand out so much to me. Maybe I've just grown accustomed to Meguro's striking style.

Link_enfant

Ooookay, I eventually managed to beat
Shadow Shido
, and that was hard (but the music was fantastic).

I chose to equip my worst weapons before the first battle so I wouldn't take much damage when he makes
my characters rage
(since they'd automatically
damage themselves
due to its ability to
repel physical & gun attacks
).

It made the first part quite easy, but in the end that was a wrong choice for the
upcoming battles
:/

I lost once, some time after he
unleashes his true form
, then I wasn't sure about loading my last save to equip my best weapons before the battles, or restart the battle immediatly.
I did the latter and I could do it, but I had to use many SP recovering items, including some items I'm note sure I'll be able to get back (
Makoto's Donut
was useful at least).

Just to be sure, can you get back most of the HP/SP recovery items by fighting rare/powerful ennemies and such? Can you even find other Somas? I had to use another one against
Shido
(the first I had to use was against
"Dark" Akechi
:( ), so I only got one remaining for the rest of the game.

I just saved after the cutscenes so I'm about 4/5 days before
Shido's deadline, having to wait for his change of heart

By the way, am I the only one who believed that
Ryuji actually died when escaping the Palace
?

Also, I'm curious about another thing; the plan to
avoid the protagonist's death
made
Akechi kill him in the Metaverse
so he would
survive in reality
, but how could
Akechi die
after we fight
him
as it was also
his Metaverse counterpart
?

Or maybe I got that wrong? Was the
protagonist
just a
cognition
from
Sae's mind
which happened to
look the same and be exactly at the same place
as he was
in reality
(which would actually make sense, but just ot be sure).

Guess Who

Banned
protagonist
just a
cognition
from
Sae's mind
which happened to
as he was
in reality

It was this.

Setsu00

Ooookay, I eventually managed to beat
Shadow Shido
, and that was hard (but the music was fantastic).

I chose to equip my worst weapons before the first battle so I wouldn't take much damage when he makes
my characters rage
(since they'd automatically
damage themselves
due to its ability to
repel physical & gun attacks
).

It made the first part quite easy, but in the end that was a wrong choice for the
upcoming battles
:/

I lost once, some time after he
unleashes his true form
, then I wasn't sure about loading my last save to equip my best weapons before the battles, or restart the battle immediatly.
I did the latter and I could do it, but I had to use many SP recovering items, including some items I'm note sure I'll be able to get back (
Makoto's Donut
was useful at least).

Just to be sure, can you get back most of the HP/SP recovery items by fighting rare/powerful ennemies and such? Can you even find other Somas? I had to use another one against
Shido
(the first I had to use was against
"Dark" Akechi
:( ), so I only got one remaining for the rest of the game.

I just saved after the cutscenes so I'm about 4/5 days before
Shido's deadline, having to wait for his change of heart

By the way, am I the only one who believed that
Ryuji actually died when escaping the Palace
?

Also, I'm curious about another thing; the plan to
avoid the protagonist's death
made
Akechi kill him in the Metaverse
so he would
survive in reality
, but how could
Akechi die
after we fight
him
as it was also
his Metaverse counterpart
?

protagonist
just a
cognition
from
Sae's mind
which happened to
as he was
in reality
The group was attacked by the real Akechi in Shido's dungeon. When they defeated him, he was (most likely) killed by Shido's cognitive version of Akechi. The protagonist that was shot was Sae's cognition of him, yeah.

HeelPower

I agree. It's one of those things where the term was likely an extremely important concept in japanese. ("Rotten Adults") and the localization team didn't find a natural way to make it fit into an english concept.

Same with all the weird, wordy sentences about "Expectations".

Oh that makes sense.

Yeah, some of the wording was weird ,but I am sure they did the best they could. Just slightly off at times ,but probably to no fault of the localization team.

It was a humongous task.

Finally finished p5, so far it's my fav persona game of the 3 I've played. P5>P3>P4. I romanced makoto on the first playthrough and I gotta say the romance in this game was much more enjoyable then in 4. Really enjoyed my time with this game. Can't wait to start ng+.

Also Rivers of Desert is stuck in my fucking head. I can't get it out lol

IKizzLE

So I just finished palace 5 and have romanced 3 different women. Is it like witcher 3 where it will actually affect you throughout the rest of the game or is it w/e in the grand scheme of things.

Curufinwe

So I just finished palace 5 and have romanced 3 different women. Is it like witcher 3 where it will actually affect you throughout the rest of the game or is it w/e in the grand scheme of things.

It doesn't matter apart from a cut scene near the end of the game

Solved some issues regarding my PS3 memory and was finally able to begin my NG+ playthrough. I'm liking the Japanese cast, honestly was expecting Morgana to sound annoying but he's good so far. At which point should I be able to grab the DLC costumes? I tried grabbing them from the box at my room but nothing happened. Last time I saved was in the first safe room.
EDIT: Yaaay obtained them. Just need to wait for Ryuji to obtain his Persona.

Also thanks to the hype from this thread I'll finally play Catherine too~

theecakee

How much further to I have in the game? I'm at ...
I just beat Shido and his palace and now I'm waiting for him to have a change of heart

Game is just getting too long, I just wanna see the end lol. Been debating on just Youtubing it but I'd hate to do that. I don't wanna put it down either cause I know I just won't come back to it again. I did the same with Persona 4 for getting the true ending with
the gas station attendant I didn't do that dungeon I just Youtubed it.

How much further to I have in the game? I'm at ...
I just beat Shido and his palace and now I'm waiting for him to have a change of heart

Game is just getting too long, I just wanna see the end lol. Been debating on just Youtubing it but idk.

You're almost there. You've got one last significant section of Phantom Thief gameplay followed by a not so major but still important one.

Whenever people refer to Akechi and Mishima by their first names I get thrown for a loop.
Yeah, even though the cast only ever really calls him Akechi, I just look at him at think "Goro." It's probably because I enjoyed pretty much every one of his scenes, and looked forward to him showing up again.

Top Bottom