• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Lunar15

Beneath the Mask and Tokyo Daylight are both fantastic and never got old for me.

Disquiet bears a heavy load though. One or two more event tracks would have been nice.

Actually, I thought event tracks are pretty strong. Disquiet is a bit overused, particularly at the end.

Tokyo Daylight is fine, just real hard to measure up to When Moon's Reaching Out Stars, Heartbeat, Heartbreak, Your Affection, and Snowflakes.

Also, as a song, I love Last Surprise, but I think it's a bit lost as the battle theme. The build up at the beginning moves into something softer, not more upbeat. The song doesn't pop until the main chorus, which is usually after I've finished the battle. Compare to Mass Destruction, Time to Make History, and Reach Out To The Truth: They all have that build up, but then the tempo is almost double what Last Surprise works out to be.

It's a shame, because "YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING" is fucking rad and the chorus gets my blood pumping. I just never heard it because I was done with battles by then.

Actually, I thought event tracks are pretty strong. Disquiet is a bit overused, particularly at the end.

Oh yeah, I liked them all quite a bit (Sunset Bridge might low key be my favorite song on the OST). Disquiet just more or less becomes the game's primary theme toward the end, like you said. Could have used a bit more variation to break it up.

broz0rs

And on that subject, what's the best way to raise the kindness stat?

Feeding the plant in your room with nutrients is the most important because it doesn't take time off your day. You can also get a lot from advancing through Sojiro's and Shinya's social. Another good way is work part-time at the flower store at the Shibuya mall.

After being stuck at the customs for nearly a month it finally arrived:

IdehIss.jpg

REL9J8k.jpg

0XNKCtW.jpg

Also, as a song, I love Last Surprise, but I think it's a bit lost as the battle theme. The build up at the beginning moves into something softer, not more upbeat. The song doesn't pop until the main chorus, which is usually after I've finished the battle. Compare to Mass Destruction, Time to Make History, and Reach Out To The Truth: They all have that build up, but then the tempo is almost double what Last Surprise works out to be.

It's a shame, because "YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING" is fucking rad and the chorus gets my blood pumping. I just never heard it because I was done with battles by then.

Could be a thematic choice. I mean, the song lyrics are basically telling the enemies how fucked they are. I don't think it's meant to convey a sense of urgency or danger. It's mostly laid back because relax brah the Phantom Thieves got this. Or at least that's my take.

Guess Who

Banned

Tokyo Daylight is fine, just real hard to measure up to When Moon's Reaching Out Stars, Heartbeat, Heartbreak, Your Affection, and Snowflakes.

Last Surprise is actually a few BPM faster than Mass Destruction (though way slower than Reach Out).

This game's OST is bomb af obviously but having replayed P4 and playing P3P now, it's disheartening that there's barely (or any?) variance in the city theme in this game. Wonder where those tracks went to make up for it.

I find the after school track a bit grating when heard over and over. I wish they had used something more chill, something like the opening sequence song without vocals. Then again I didn't really like P3's after school track, either, although the remix version that's played later in the year was easier on the ears.

Curufinwe

Is there a list anywhere of all the times the game mentions characters from previous games? Particularly on the TVs in Leblanc since I think I missed some of those.

Any import duties? At $72 with the Amazon/Best Buy discount, I think the P5 special edition is amazing value for money in America.

No prime so it is original prize for me, came in at a bit over $110 shipped to China, I should be able to get the ~$15 shipping cost refunded since it arrives 18 days late than expected, ~$95 isn't bad at all. It is sold for over $180 online here.

Lunar15

Last Surprise is actually a few BPM faster than Mass Destruction (though way slower than Reach Out).

I might be too used to the live version of Mass Destruction, lol.

That said, I really like Last Surprise. Just more battle themes would have been extremely welcome. My NG+ playthrough will definitely include some of the DLC.

Do I have to worry about finishing mementos before Palace 7?

Nope. Last day to do Mementos for request purposes is the afternoon you get after
final exams
which is after the deadline. If you haven't finished it by the
12/24 you'll be forced to go through all the remaining layers to progress the story.

Curufinwe

Still can't believe I maxed the last non-Story confindant on the very last available night.

The Fortune affinity readings make such a huge difference compared to P3 and P4. I wouldn't have got close to maxing all of them on my first time, otherwise.

Bladenic

I ordered the artbook and can't wait for it. I love perusing the one that came with the Take Your Heart Edition.

However, it's really disappointing to see all these sketches of additional facial expressions that aren't in the game (unless my memory is really that bad). Even the confidants have a lot of facial expression sketches. P3 and P4 both could've used more expression than rotating about the same three, it's sad that Persona 5 didn't fix that issue.

broz0rs

My run with P5 should be ending by next month and i'm looking at another game to play. What game would you guys recommend Horizon Zero Dawn or Nier Automata?

Ferrio

Banned
My run with P5 should be ending by next month and i'm looking at another game to play. What game would you guys recommend Horizon Zero Dawn or Nier Automata?

Nier:a easily. Horizon is gorgeous, but it's so by the numbers. I was honestly disappointed with it. On the other hand I came from hating Nier to loving Nier Automata.

im up to the second last palace now. it took a while to dig its nails in (p4 and p3 and p2 hooked me quicker) but i love it now. i dont want it to end :( NG+ immediately after!

Meier

Currently fighting the final boss. Anyone able to give me an idea on its max HP or about how long time wise the fight took them?

ckohler

I read somewhere that ranking up confidants in NG+ that you reached MAX in your first play through goes faster. Is this true or do you still have to answer all of thier questions right like the first time?

Take Sojiro for example. I got to level 10 on my first play through. Yet, I still get a "your relationship with Sojiro will not level up just yet" message on NG+.

I read somewhere that ranking up confidants in NG+ that you reached MAX in your first play through goes faster. Is this true or do you still have to answer all of thier questions right like the first time?

Take Sojiro for example. I got to level 10 on my first play through. Yet, I still get a "your relationship with Sojiro will not level up just yet" message on NG+.

No. There is a mechanic that does that but
it's only for people you can romance.
The person you spend Christmas Eve with gives you an item that increases the bonus for having a matching Arcana even more.

Its actually strangely useless for a lot of characters.

Ohya and Chihaya get full benefits from Rank 1 due to their Rank 10 end game gift. Takemi gives you everything but Discount which is probably useless on new game plus for the same reason.

Its obviously useless for Haru since you never need to spend time with her anyway unless you mess up.

That leaves the other party members , Kawakami and Hifumi. But Hifumi and Futaba open late so you can use Fortune to minimise hang out time anyway.

So it's only really useful for Kawakami, Makoto and Ann.

And of those Kawakami is the obvious best choice due to her limited availability and school day requirements.

Ie It's weirdly useless.

Guess Who

Banned

Sojiro's Confidant soft-locks at a certain point until late
August
, because his story requires
Futaba to be present

Took about 45 minutes for those curious.

It's going to vary a fair bit depending on Persona and level. I'd mostly completed the compendium first and between Matarukaja from Ryuji , Charge+ Hassou Tobi and Concentrate + Blazing Hell it was over pretty fast. Ryuji would have made it even faster if not for the
Reflect Phys arm.

I'm almost at 80 hours now. I'm at the part where we got to
steal Sae Nijima's heart. Things are escalating quickly and it's soooo interesting like holy hell this is the beginning of the game where it left you off in medias res

Should I just get it over with right away? Or should I level some confidants? I noticed I'm missing rank 5 charm and rank 4 kindness to continue with Makoto and start Futaba's confidant line. Any good books or movies that give a lot of charm or kindness?

Sun is at 9 right now almost maxed. I got Ann at max and can
invite her to my room
. I feel like I should level Sojiro some more as he's only rank 5. Any recommendations?
I did the mementos thing for Kawakami and Takemi as well so they're nearly maxed too.

I'm almost at 80 hours now. I'm at the part where we got to
steal Sae Nijima's heart. Things are escalating quickly and it's soooo interesting like holy hell this is the beginning of the game where it left you off in medias res

Should I just get it over with right away? Or should I level some confidants? I noticed I'm missing rank 5 charm and rank 4 kindness to continue with Makoto and start Futaba's confidant line. Any good books or movies that give a lot of charm or kindness?

Sun is at 9 right now almost maxed. I got Ann at max and can
invite her to my room
. I feel like I should level Sojiro some more as he's only rank 5. Any recommendations?
I did the mementos thing for Kawakami and Takemi as well so they're nearly maxed too.

You can't steal
Sae's
heart early. You also can't level
Kawakami from 9 to 10 or Sun at all after that deadline. There might be a little bit of time for Sun, but that deadline is definitely your last chance to get past 9 with Kawakami.

muteki

Sojiro's Confidant soft-locks at a certain point until late
August
, because his story requires
Futaba to be present

I almost wish he stopped showing as being available at that point. I wasted quite a few evenings on him earlier on and later figured out why. Should have saved him until I had Affinity Reading in general.

Partway through Palace 7 and I'm loving the theme. The exterior is appears hastily thrown together in places though.

Given the deadline and assuming I have free reign until then, it looks like I'm going to definitely max everything except Sun (artificial limit), Hanged, and Tower. In theory I could see getting one or both of those depending on how much mementos is involved I guess. Also I haven't seen Moon in forever but he is at Level 9 so I'm assuming it is another story-lock until I can see him one last time.

So I've not dug far into this at all yet, beat the first dungeon and just kinda taking my time. I'm struggling to find stuff I can do in the evening right now though and killing too much time at the bathhouse. Do I have many other options at this point?

vypek

So I've not dug far into this at all yet, beat the first dungeon and just kinda taking my time. I'm struggling to find stuff I can do in the evening right now though and killing too much time at the bathhouse. Do I have many other options at this point?

It takes some time before you are allowed to travel anywhere you want at night. Sojiro will let you know when you can do so. It starts with nowhere at night, then streets of Yongen Jaya and the finally anywhere you please

It takes some time before you are allowed to travel anywhere you want at night. Sojiro will let you know when you can do so. It starts with nowhere at night, then streets of Yongen Jaya and the finally anywhere you please

I think I'm free to leave whenever now, just haven't really found much to do out there at night since there's only 2 main confidants right now, and being so much bigger than P4G trying to find where I might run into one is proving hard. I've not even found where Ann hangs out after school to be honest.

Lunar15

I think I'm free to leave whenever now, just haven't really found much to do out there at night since there's only 2 main confidants right now, and being so much bigger than P4G trying to find where I might run into one is proving hard. I've not even found where Ann hangs out after school to be honest.

Ann hangs out in the underground mall in Shibuya.

Also, yeah nighttime social links are limited in the beginning, it'll open up. Studying in the Diner is a cool way to level up both knowledge and one other stat. Once you buy the old CTR from the second hand shop near Leblanc, you can watch DVDs at night, but be warned: they charge late fees if you don't return on time and sometimes the story will kick in and you're unable to do so.

Curufinwe

The final boss was almost my first death to a main boss in the game.

I was level 71, but I fucked up by not wearing any SP restoring items and by the end I only had Ryuji with SP to spare, and I was also out of healing items. So I only just barely managed to get the final hit in before it unleashed that charge attack again and wiped my party out.

vypek

Oh I guess more stuff might need to open up. I mean you could try big bang challenge but I don't know if that will yield anything early like the bath house does. I think there is also a job you might be able to work at night at that point

Ann is at
the underground mall in Shibuya
if I recall correctly. I don't know if that needs spoilering or not lol

Thanks for the tips guys. It probably is largely due to not opening much up yet. I think the scale of the map in this type of game is just intimidating me a bit. In P4G I scoured every single map each day to make sure I wasn't missing something. The idea of doing that in P5 is daunting.

aceface

Ann hangs out in the underground mall in Shibuya.

Also, yeah nighttime social links are limited in the beginning, it'll open up. Studying in the Diner is a cool way to level up both knowledge and one other stat. Once you buy the old CTR from the second hand shop near Leblanc, you can watch DVDs at night, but be warned: they charge late fees if you don't return on time and sometimes the story will kick in and you're unable to do so.

I've never actually had to pay a late fee. The last time I had a dvd for about 3 months and they wanted 25k. I said I wouldn't pay it and the clerk said "ehhh...just don't let it happen again." He said that every time I've brought a dvd in late.

Top Bottom