• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario + Rabbids Season Pass detailed (New story content, challenges, more)

Lucifon

Zero interest in challenges and new weapons. I don't mean to downplay their work but these are the most basic of things from a dev perspective to pump out. The 'padding' style content of a season pass for sure.

Might grab the story expansion if it's good.

Ridley327

$20 seems fine. It's not the $12 that the Mario Kart 8 season pass was, but I still don't why the hell that was priced so cheap when Nintendo could have easily gotten away with $30 with how much they added to the game between the two packs.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I'm down, no question, assuming the reviews for this game come out as well as I think they will (85+ metacritic Rabbids game, oh my).

Question: does Xcom have a competitive multiplayer component? Is it any good? I've been wondering what the chances are of Mario + Rabbids eventually having competitive local/online play. Seems like it would be awesome, but I'm not too experienced with this genre so maybe it wouldn't be awesome? Nobody seems to ever bring it up.

Might pick this up, but I'm going to wait until the actual goods show up before I pay up. Not throwing down money for an unknown.

J@hranimo

Banned
So I've been reviewing M+R and I've been hoping and DYING to hear news about a season pass. Y'all will be really glad about this after you dive in. One more weeeekk until we can all geek out together, fam.

Steiner coming through with the hype. Hope the season pass stuff is worth it in the end.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
and thus I cancel my pre-order :/
I understand that they want more money out of it. but I want a whole package. so I'll get back to the game when everything has been released from the season pass and it's 55€.

but maybe my wife will want to play it on release day.

Mory Dunz

Season Pass looks identical to the Zelda BotW one. Throwaway freebies at launch for diehard fans, a not so substantial QoL DLC a few months later, and then a big story one much later.

But for the Zelda the defacto main attraction is the story dlc.

For a game like this....? DLC part 2 with maps and co op could be more exciting than story tbh

For some reason I manage to miss any info about it. Is it separate mode or full campaign in co-op? And two joy-cons co-op?

It's a separate mode where you do co-op missions with two joy cons. They take place on the battlefield and one person has two characters and the other person has two characters.

MattAces

It's a local co-op mode while in battles. I don't think there's anything co-op outside of that.

Felt like a half baked system, oh well I'm interested in the SP only anyway.
Was planning on pre-ordering but I might wait for review before dropping my money.
My main concern from what I've seen so far is most of the exploration are too shallow and linear, I know later stages will be more complex, but just in case, I will wait since this is not developed by Nintendo afterall.

It's a separate mode where you do co-op missions with two joy cons. They take place on the battlefield and one person has two characters and the other person has two characters.

Thanks for the info. So the game will have multiple modes outside of story I assume? Challenge and stuff.

$20 is better than I expected hoping they go towards Rosalina and not Waluigi and Wario tho, but Rabbid Wario would be comedy gold so I can see this happening

Felt like a half baked system, oh well I'm interested in the SP only anyway.
Was planning on pre-ordering but I might wait for review before dropping my money.
My main concern from what I've seen so far is most of the exploration are too shallow and linear, I know later stages will be more complex, but just in case, I will wait since this is not developed by Nintendo afterall.

Thanks for the info. So the game will have multiple modes outside of story I assume? Challenge and stuff.

I believe the co-op mode is the only other mode aside from the main story mode. I think they said once you beat a world in the main campaign you can come back to that world to do harder challenges in the battle areas.

duckroll

But for the Zelda the defacto main attraction is the story dlc.

For a game like this....? DLC part 2 with maps and co op could be more exciting than story tbh

A game like what? This is a story based strategy game. It's not just about narrative story but rather big campaign stages which are designed with gimmicks, puzzles, battles, and bosses. The main attraction will 100% be the story DLC because it means more campaign stages and new content.

The co-op and challenge stages could be cool, but just like Zelda, it is a QoL improvement using existing assets and will be less exciting than the main course.

oti

Banned
It's a turn based strategy game. It should be fairly easy to come up with more content for a Season Pass. They also want to avoid people flooding the used game market with their copies after finishing the game. I don't know. We'll see if the game turns out good enough for support in 2018.

Zedark

Hate the day one dlc, it's bs imo. Besides that, the pass seems decently content-rich for the 20 euros price tag, at least in potential. Will wait it out until more detals come.

Zedark

So I've been reviewing M+R and I've been hoping and DYING to hear news about a season pass. Y'all will be really glad about this after you dive in. One more weeeekk until we can all geek out together, fam.
Ouch, eagerly anticipating the 28th, then!

PetrCobra

Interesting. This thread was actually the first time I've ever heard of the season pass even existing (either that, or I just forgot about it) and I thought it might just be enough of a reason to pass on the game altogether. I just hate the very idea of season passes. Even though I did buy some in the past (namely Mario Kart 8 and BOTW).

Question: how do season passes work exactly? Is there a time limit or can I just buy it anytime down the line if I want to?

13ruce

Banned
Will not get the game for a while but will buy it in 2018 when the dlc is out (huge AF backlog + school).

Hopefully the pass is cheap.

Ridley327

Interesting. This thread was actually the first time I've ever heard of the season pass even existing (either that, or I just forgot about it) and I thought it might just be enough of a reason to pass on the game altogether. I just hate the very idea of season passes. Even though I did buy some in the past (namely Mario Kart 8 and BOTW).

Question: how do season passes work exactly? Is there a time limit or can I just buy it anytime down the line if I want to?

Season passes are nothing more than an entitlement that you download that will allow you to download the content "freely" as it releases. They're generally at a discount compared to buying everything individually, and they can toss in some minor aesthetic bonuses to help sweeten the deal, like the Switch shirt in BotW.

Xbro

Only season pass I've gotten is the Zelda one, and I don't think that one expires.

Not buying this game due to other games interesting me for the time being but will probably buy the season pass later down the line when more information is available.

Yukinari

The most i can do right now is just preorder the game 10 bucks cheaper and wait and see.

I shouldnt have pulled the trigger on the BoTW Season Pass and i wont for this one either.

The Cowboy

Part 2 and 3 are fine, not liking locking weapons behind the pass at all though (considering the type of game it is).

Shame, I don't what to buy the pass at release and prefer to buy them when actual proper content is added - but with weapons locked behind it and the style of game it is i may break my no season pass at launch rule on this one (as the game looks great).

Mory Dunz

A game like what? This is a story based strategy game. It's not just about narrative story but rather big campaign stages which are designed with gimmicks, puzzles, battles, and bosses. The main attraction will 100% be the story DLC because it means more campaign stages and new content.

The co-op and challenge stages could be cool, but just like Zelda, it is a QoL improvement using existing assets and will be less exciting than the main course.

I just meant that the game's narrative is not going to be as anticipated as something like zelda's. Personally, if the co-op maps are cool, I'd care more about that than the story dlc. But if the story dlc has pretty substantial additions, then sure. I don't know what is generally expected from stuff like that.

Mr-Joker

Banned
God damn it Ubisoft, I was just about to pre-order the game and you pull this crap now?
Guess I will just wait till the game drop in price and after the story DLC is released.

Watch them add Rosalina as a playable character.

That would be pretty lame if she's locked behind the DLC paywall.

With Rabbid Rosalina.

Ewwwwwww.

I want Daisy. You literally would only have to do minor edits to the Peach model.

But why would you want to ruin perfection to create a monster?

Top Bottom