• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario + Rabbids Season Pass detailed (New story content, challenges, more)

GRIMREEFZ

I was REALLY looking forward to this. Bc of a PC fire/rebuild had to cancel my preorder. I guess Ill have to settle for xcom 2 expansion until I get more $$. That SP looks fun. Everything about this game is so charming.

Steiner

Banned
Interesting. This thread was actually the first time I've ever heard of the season pass even existing (either that, or I just forgot about it) and I thought it might just be enough of a reason to pass on the game altogether. I just hate the very idea of season passes. Even though I did buy some in the past (namely Mario Kart 8 and BOTW).

Question: how do season passes work exactly? Is there a time limit or can I just buy it anytime down the line if I want to?

I genuinely hope -- like, deeply hope -- that you don't let this get in the way of you enjoying the game. If you never saw this thread and you never heard that M+R had a season pass you'd never feel like you were missing content. This is not a Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite situation where you feel like content is being deliberately held back in order to push DLC purchases.

I think you'll find that the game is very meaty. I'm actually a little worried about being ready for embargo, to be honest.

MattAces

I genuinely hope -- like, deeply hope -- that you don't let this get in the way of you enjoying the game. If you never saw this thread and you never heard that M+R had a season pass you'd never feel like you were missing content. This is not a Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite situation where you feel like content is being deliberately held back in order to push DLC purchases.

I think you'll find that the game is very meaty. I'm actually a little worried about being ready for embargo, to be honest.

Meaty as in nintendo standard, or standard games (10~14 hours).
Blink once for Nintendo standard.
The embargo time is very late for my timezone, and I have to decide my pre-order before that.
Worried about the exploration being shallow/not meaty.

REMEMBER this guy has the game already. Maybe you should listen to him before complaining about cut content or DLC.

jmizzal

I thought they said it wasnt getting DLC

Preorders must be very strong on this one

Also where is the new Ubisoft games they were suppose to announce soon for Switch its been two days in gamescom hurry up lol

Also where is the new Ubisoft games they were suppose to announce soon for Switch its been two days in gamescom hurry up lol

Yeah where are they at? Somebody showed Ubisoft's Gamescom schedule and I think tomorrow or Friday they had a slot with "???" for one of the time slots.

Zedark

Ubisoft schedule for Gamescom had a question mark time slot, maybe there will be a title there for Switch?

Neiteio

Oh man, the hype... The hype!

cry-no-is-somone-looking-no-wtf_o_743567.gif

Cartho

God I'm hyped. Struggling to contain myself.

Platy

...did they ever showed how does the coop works ?

• [*]Hyrule Warriors
  • Mario Golf: World Tour
  • Mario Kart 8
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Nintendo isn't above doing season passes, & they aren't bad if done right.

One of those are not like the others

Steiner

Banned
The embargo time is very late for my timezone, and I have to decide my pre-order before that.

Heh heh. I'm probably in over my head already, I need to button my lip. This is the internet, so everyone is going to have their own opinions after the game has launched. You know this. All you can do is make your buying decision based on what you know and on what you've seen. There's nothing wrong with waiting for reviews and ordering digitally as soon as you decide to go all in. It downloads quickly!

Shaanyboi

Banned
Nintendo hasn't really fucked up Season Passes for me yet, so I'm inclined to go ahead with this. That said, it's more Ubisoft's ball to fumble, isn't it?

Hm... They've done decent story DLC before though.

Sure. I'll buy it, assuming we don't find out within the next week that the game is a trashfire.

Ponn

Banned
Only thing interested in would be story dlc so season pass is a pass. Weapons are always shit as dlc or bonuses eventually outclassed in game. Challenge maps...ehh, not paying for them.

Neiteio

Nintendo hasn't really fucked up Season Passes for me yet, so I'm inclined to go ahead with this. That said, it's more Ubisoft's ball to fumble, isn't it?

Hm... They've done decent story DLC before though.

Sure. I'll buy it, assuming we don't find out within the next week that the game is a trashfire.
It's worth buying on the blind hope that maybe, just maybe, we'll get Rabbid Waluigi

MattAces

Heh heh. I'm probably in over my head already, I need to button my lip. This is the internet, so everyone is going to have their own opinions after the game has launched. You know this. All you can do is make your buying decision based on what you know and on what you've seen. There's nothing wrong with waiting for reviews and ordering digitally as soon as you decide to go all in. It downloads quickly!

I would consider myself as the person who enjoys every games, but yea you're right.
Every single previews I've seen so far are just battle and I love it.
Unfortunately I'm a physical copy kind of person, since they're cheaper in my country.

Duffk1ng

The good thing about SP games getting season passes compared to MP games is that you can just ignore them until all the content is out then pretend it's an expansion pack instead.

Mr E.

It may have come as a surprise to Ubisoft how well this game was received at E3. I'm sure there's plenty of content upfront.

Maybe after seeing reactions the developers got the go ahead to carry on pumping out content.

I'm in for the whole shebang baby.

kevin1025

Banned
If this turns out well I kind of hope it becomes a new series. Zelda + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Now that would be awesome. Maybe a whole series of hopping into different Nintendo worlds, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Splatoon... if the game turns out great, let them run wild!

Xater

Meh, except for the story stuff this sounds totally uninteresting. Considering the price that won't even be substantial. I will be good with the base game.

Buying at launch, for sure.

Season Pass looks identical to the Zelda BotW one. Throwaway freebies at launch for diehard fans, a not so substantial QoL DLC a few months later, and then a big story one much later.
I like this set-up! Hopefully other games on the Switch with a season pass will follow a similar schedule. It's nice to have some instant content for buying the pass, but also be given some awesome stuff to look forward to coming up soon and later. I know it's not unique to Nintendo or anything, but I like consistency.

In the leaked presentation documents they said the game would be about 20 hours in length.

Camjo-Z

Gee, thanks Ubisoft... oh wait, this actually sounds like a good season pass. Gee, thanks Ubisoft!

Season Pass looks identical to the Zelda BotW one. Throwaway freebies at launch for diehard fans, a not so substantial QoL DLC a few months later, and then a big story one much later.

Similar thing with Hyrule Warriors and Legends. Dark Link / Wind Waker Ganondorf costume immediately, remixed Adventure Map as the first real content, new maps / weapons / characters later. Haven't been let down with this style of delivery yet.

Seik

Banned
Like for Zelda, I'll wait to see how hefty that extra story is before commiting to buy.

Can't wait for the game though! :D

I expected there to be a DLC plan of some sort, but will probably play the game in vanilla with its default difficulty tuning first to see if I like the systems enough to put in more money/time. I'm a huge XCOM player but I rarely even buy DLC for Fire Emblem, which I adore, and there is a pecking order as far as priorities go. It does make me wonder if I should switch from physical to digital, as the footprint of this game in GB is rather small. My rule of thumb was "physical for one-and-done single-player experiences", but that's mostly to hedge in the interests of long-term game preservation if my hardware fails someday when the eShop no longer exists. And DLC makes me question that: if some of the game is digital-only anyway, I may as well just go fully digital, which is a massive boon to convenience in the short term ("short" meaning at least through the next console generation).

Hard to say anything about the fairness of the pricing until we know what we get out of the box and what the base longevity of the missions/challenges is.

AzaK

I hate Season passes, especially for a few extra things that seem to be something that could be added. Moreso for this game so far because I haven't heard much about how long it is and how interesting the story is.

oti

Banned
I hate Season passes, especially for a few extra things that seem to be something that could be added. Moreso for this game so far because I haven't heard much about how long it is and how interesting the story is.
You could just wait until the DLC comes out before you buy it. Not like Ubisoft forces you to buy the Season Pass when you first launch the game.

Top Bottom