• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario + Rabbids Season Pass detailed (New story content, challenges, more)

Think about it from a retailer's perspective. It's got Mario on the cover but it's not by Nintendo.

Mario on the cover = instant sales
Not by Nintendo = who cares if you brake street date

Pissing off Nintendo sure is a bad idea. But Ubisoft? Meh.

You should take this to PM, if you want to talk more about it.

I was just wondering. I wasn't going to ask anything else. I'm seeing the other reviewer guy seem giddy about the game even though he can't talk about it.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Season passes are coercive garbage and should not be allowed.

Dlc is fine, but passes lock content to pass or discount dlc forcing you to buy shit without knowing what you're actually paying you.

jrDev

And given how I feel like nothing I got in part 1 of the Zelda Season Pass was worth it (it's the kind of QoL stuff that should just be patched in, and they support ARMs and Splatoon with more actual stuff for free) I won't be instantly dropping my money on this one now.

(Maybe the second part of the Pass will be amazing and worth that 20 dollars)
Eh, the Heros Path in Zelda season pass alone is worth it for me, and I don't buy season passes. The feature allows me to go to entirely different locations that I missed and get more out of the game. Sucks that you had to pay for it but*shrug*.

kevin1025

Banned
Season passes are coercive garbage and should not be allowed.

Dlc is fine, but passes lock content to pass or discount dlc forcing you to buy shit without knowing what you're actually paying you.

True. But with the Zelda pass and this one, story content could be justified as the full price and the rest thought of as extras.

But that is a stretch, haha. We don't know how big the story content will be on either yet. I'm waiting on buying both until we hear about the size of these packs overall.

Robin64

Eh, the Heros Path in Zelda season pass alone is worth it for me, and I don't buy season passes. The feature allows me to go to entirely different locations that I missed and get more out of the game. Sucks that you had to pay for it but*shrug*.

It does suck that you had to pay for it. That should be a free QoL update, especially when you consider that the game has already been keeping a note of your path even before the patch, so most of the work was done.

Rootbeer

Banned
Welp.

My copy shipped from Best Buy just now. I wonder if I'll get it before Tuesday.

We might need the OT before launch day if this is happening, heh

Gowans

.My copy shipped from Best Buy just now. I wonder if I'll get it before Tuesday.

We might need the OT before launch day if this is happening, heh

I got very very very lucky.

jtjpgi3.jpg

Won't have time to play for a few hours tho.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I got very very very lucky.

jtjpgi3.jpg

Won't have time to play for a few hours tho.
And here I friggin preordered it on reveal date from amazon to get it on '5 Sep - 9 Sep' .. /blank stare

Best Strategy Game
• Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Ubisoft
I fucking knew it! Just ship it to me already!

Is that a "Best of E3" logo in th corner?

Haven't seen stuff like that in a Nintendo box in forever lol (if ever).

Luckily doesn't ruin the cover

LordKano

Tomorrow morning allows for footage and streaming of the first two worlds. Monday is the review embargo.

Why? It is before the game releases. Better than day of release. Most outlets only got the game this week. Need time with the game.

Oh crap, I legit thought the embargo was completely up tomorrow, almost made a mistake haha.

MattAces

Tomorrow morning allows for footage and streaming of the first two worlds. Monday is the review embargo.

Really wish we can see later worlds, from every gameplay I've seen, the game is simply way too easy with simple exploration.

Approximately how many worlds are there? Did they reveal this?

NateDrake

Really wish we can see later worlds, from every gameplay I've seen, the game is simply way too easy with simple exploration.

Approximately how many worlds are there? Did they reveal this?

I'm not sure if that has been revealed, nor am I sure I can reveal those specifics.

El Odio

Banned
So
4 worlds
according to the leaked sheet.

mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-b35863e6__830_470.jpg
Well we've seen four of them via the trailers released so far (Grassland/forest, desert, ice world, haunted) so I don't think that's really much of a spoiler atm. Though Bowser Jr.'s group art seems to take place in a volcanic area so that might also be included as well.

Harpoon

I just want to see some more Yoshi gameplay; he's the only character that's been absent from all of the previews so far.

Kouriozan

I should not have come back to this thread, and seeing people getting this game early >.<
But I stayed strong and went on a media blackout after E3, so much surprise for me to see. See you guys in the OT.

DilWSTS

I will get this game but im not sure ill still want to play it into 2018. Seems like a one and done (but this is before ive played it of course)

Plum

I will get this game but im not sure ill still want to play it into 2018. Seems like a one and done (but this is before ive played it of course)

Get it physical then so you can sell it!

Though, seeing as this is a Nintendo and Ubisoft collaboration, whether it'll retain a high value or have one that drops like a bag of rocks is yet to be seen.

Phionoxx

Definitely interested in the season pass. Looking forward to more impressions tomorrow.

As a sidenote, anyone else preorder from Amazon with Prime and not have it qualify for release day shipping?

Top Bottom