• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

ironcreed

Banned
Can't wait to start my adventures in Kyrat, but DA: Inquisition will be seeing the lion's share of my play time. I will take breaks and hop back and forth, though. What an insane day for releases.

RdN

I remember reading somewhere that this game wasn't going to have splitscreen coop like Far Cry 3 did.

Is it true?

Something tells me I'm gonna spend most of my time doing every side mission and hunting every animal until my character becomes way too OP for the story. Exactly what happened in FC3.

kmg90

So I'm guessing once midnight PST rolls around a downloadable full game key will be downloadable for the PS3 PSN/digital version of Far Cry 4...

Preloaded and then updated to 1.01 changes the game name on XMB to Far Cry 4 Trial: Keys to Kyrat

I'll be pissed if for some bug/glitch in the system I just pre-ordered the ability to download the 2 hour co-op demo 2 days before release for $60....

Before anyone asks, I'm buying both PS3 and PS4 versions of FC4... My friends (some of which are Far Cry 3 fanatics) have not moved to new consoles yet so I'm double dipping to play with them when they eventually upgrade as they intend to buy both versions of the game.

hbkdx12

Something tells me I'm gonna spend most of my time doing every side mission and hunting every animal until my character becomes way too OP for the story. Exactly what happened in FC3.

This is the only way i play open world games and i greatly enjoy powering through the story as a heavily skilled badass which pisses me off all the more when there's good upgrades/skills locked behind story progression.

I also did this. And it was glorious! lol I love that putting the time/effort in allows you to become an complete badass and puts you above almost every enemy. I enjoy this dynamic and hope FC4 is exactly the same in this regard.

This is the only way i play open world games and i greatly enjoy powering through the story as a heavily skilled badass which pisses me off all the more when there's good upgrades/skills locked behind story progression.

Edit: ^^^Yes this exactly!

I also did this. And it was glorious! lol I love that putting the time/effort in allows you to become an complete badass and puts you above almost every enemy. I enjoy this dynamic and hope FC4 is exactly the same in this regard.

Edit: ^^^Yes this exactly!
I'm right their with you guys. I do it in every single open world game as well. I love it when you can get access to upgrades off the bat without having to progress the story to unlock them.

Also watching a twitch streamer play the arena mode. Looks fun and a nice way to test your skills.

Yoday

You can manually save but it is only one slot.
What the hell is this crap? Unity also only has one save slot. Why Ubisoft, why are you forcing people to create a whole new profile just to replay your games? I played through FC3 three times now, but now I'll have to make a whole new profile every time I want to replay this one?

aravuus

Wish they'd just unlock the digital version for everyone now that there's a working torrent of it anyway. Nobody knows when the uplay version's supposed to unlock?

Get_crazy

Banned
I'm ready to take on Pagan Min! But is he?

Far_Cry_4_Chloe_meme_montage.jpg

Codiox

So to those who already got the ps4 version:

What about the pop up trees when you flying over the lands? In all videos I saw the shadows/details or trees themselves popped up while you fly over it. It was very detracting.

Is it still in or even noticeable?

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Holyshit man sorry this is kind of OT but I'm not sure what to do and need some help. For some reason it's saying I purchased FC4 on my ps4 yesterday and I definitely did not do that. Did this happen to anyone else? The only thing I can think of is my 2 year old got a hold of the ps4 controller and started mashing buttons but damn I just can't fathom he'd be able to purchase a game from doing that. Am I totally fucked? Will Sony refund me? I tried calling Sony support but the line is busy.

Holyshit man sorry this is kind of OT but I'm not sure what to do and need some help. For some reason it's saying I purchased FC4 on my ps4 yesterday and I definitely did not do that. Did this happen to anyone else? The only thing I can think of is my 2 year old got a hold of the ps4 controller and started mashing buttons but damn I just can't fathom he'd be able to purchase a game from doing that. Am I totally fucked? Will Sony refund me? I tried calling Sony support but the line is busy.

You're likely stuck with it. I dont even think Sony refunded those people who bought all the accidental stuff on PS4 while using their DS4s to play DSII on their PS3... so the likelihood of them helping you is very, very slim i'd say.

sam777

So to those who already got the ps4 version:

What about the pop up trees when you flying over the lands? In all videos I saw the shadows/details or trees themselves popped up while you fly over it. It was very detracting.

Is it still in or even noticeable?

Me, I will check this out when I am on it later.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?

Bricky

DirectX 10 only. Not everyone owns a NASA pc. Same shit as with WatchDogs. Fuck you Ubisoft!

I know we like shitting on Ubisoft this week, but you can't really blame them for this. DirectX 9 is ancient nowadays and especially being a year into next-gen it was inevitable it would get phased out eventually. If you don't have a GPU that can handle DirectX 11 by now you're probably in dire need of an upgrade and can't handle this game anyway. No NASA PC required, even a budget card from last year should be able to run this just fine.

Although it does surprise me that Far Cry 4 of all games doesn't support DirectX 9 since I believe it uses the same engine as Far Cry 3, which did in fact support DirectX 9. Maybe it is because they ported over the next-gen version this time instead of having to upgrade the last-gen one.

I'm a huge fan of FC3 but the landscapes dont look as impressive to me, they seem more simplistic and the bases very simple boxy buildings. It just looks less visually appealing from all the trailers, more like games I have already seen.

Also it looks like its even easier to die without much warning, like animals being more aggressive (especially when birds can appear out of the sky like those things in morrowind) and silent enemies where you have no idea where they fired from

I'm buying this regardless because I loved FC3 so much, and they made a lot of nice improvements but I'm not that excited for it. Hopefully that changes when I play. I hope they havent made the game much harder for a solo player (due to pushing co-op with harder enemies and co-operation requirements)

shaki123

Check B/S/T thread. People are selling codes that came with 970/980 cards.

Does not take a NASA pc to have a DirectX 10+ machine....

Easy answer bro. Not everyone has money growing on his back. Even if it's a few $. If it can run on a 360 it should run on my PC. So like I said, Fuck Ubisoft.

Smokey

He is clearly not serious

You sure bruh

Easy answer bro. Not everyone has money growing on his back. Even if it's a few $. If it can run on a 360 it should run on my PC. So like I said, Fuck Ubisoft.

Sure

But things are still being held back by the shit specs of last gen. At some point it's time to move forward. Even after your new post meaning DX11...things can't stand still forever.

riflen

Shit, I meant DirectX 11. I have 10. My argument still stands. Ubisoft is fucking careless. If a fucking 360 can run the damn game, how can my DX10 card can't.

So either you're using Windows XP and/or a GPU released in or prior to 2008 (GTX300 or Radeon 4000). I don't think you have much of a complaint. Developers are not obliged to spend time and money supporting out-of-date platforms. Eventually, they're dropped so that the majority can enjoy better games.

Top Bottom