• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

jpax

No micro transactions in single player I believe. No one has seen competitive multiplayer though.

Well... The "I believe" part needs to be cleared up, but thank you for answering.
Will be a tough choice for me, if I wanna buy an UBI game or not...

Radec

I bet this fucking Yeti campaign will be amazing and I won't be able to play it since I don't want to buy the fucking $30 season pass.

farcry4sp.jpg

sam777

Thanks! Looking forward to your impressions :)

So I have managed to get in a copter and trees don't pop up they are fine although there is some lighting change on them as you get close to them. The only thing that pops up is the foliage.
The draw distance is also very good.
Personally I am very impressed overall.

If you enjoyed FC3 you will enjoy this just as much if not more.

And now I feel old at 30.

But hey! Cliff Martinez is doing the music? Cool!

Damn I'm 25 and I feel old seeing that Arjay is 22. Game protagonists are almost always older than me!

Nice OP too, hope to get my copy early tomorrow. Far Cry 3 was a joyous thing to discover through Plus.

Mohonky

Those badgers are serious business, little bastards are the most fearsome enemy in the first area, screw the guys with guns, watch out for the badgers.

Also I seem to be playing this game more like a Cabellas Hunt title. Done bugger all cept go round killing the wildlife.

Damn I'm 25 and I feel old seeing that Arjay is 22. Game protagonists are almost always older than me!

Nice OP too, hope to get my copy early tomorrow. Far Cry 3 was a joyous thing to discover through Plus.

Yeah that's gotta be a typo. Protagonist looks more like 32 lol.

artsi

I borrowed a car from some poor guy and told me to drive carefully, it ended up in a lake moments after. I feel bad.

No joke, I turn 22 tomorrow, the day this game is released...its a sign.

MYeager

Any impressions from folks playing it on a 360/PS3 for those of us who have declined to make the jump to the newer systems?

Karak

Those badgers are serious business, little bastards are the most fearsome enemy in the first area, screw the guys with guns, watch out for the badgers.

Also I seem to be playing this game more like a Cabellas Hunt title. Done bugger all cept go round killing the wildlife.

I always feel bad for killing the Rhino:(

Corpsepyre

Banned
About 90 minutes into the game, and I swear, it's the EXACT same game as Far Cry 3. I kid you not. It plays out the same goddamn way with an
escape in the start
and the
bell tower liberation
being your first mission, and so much more.

gunner13

Neo Member
Not a lot of talk for such a high profile game. Seems really polished as well.

Thought the same thing. Debating between this and GTAV. I've beaten GTA on last gen already, but at least I KNOW what I'm getting. Never played a Far Cry before but it looks very intersesting, however after Watch Dogs/Unity I'm a lot of nervous on this one. Waiting to hear what GAF says before I purchase.

aravuus

Yessss it unlocked now

It's already 1am but thankfully I won't have to wake up too early tomorrow, gonna make myself a cup of tea and play all night

Ledhead

Waiting on my Amazon copy to arrive. Should be here tomorrow. The game looks really solid, and if its anything remotely like FC3, i'm sure i'll have a lot of fun with it.

About 90 minutes into the game, and I swear, it's the EXACT same game as Far Cry 3. I kid you not. It plays out the same goddamn way with an
escape in the start
and the
bell tower liberation
being your first mission, and so much more.
It would bother me if it wasn't an excellent game.

Honestly it's like going from Fallout 3 to New Vegas. Similar games but the sequel is much more polished and is a better overall game.

I have been really liking Far Cry 4.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
is this not unlocking for anyone on origin?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I got 2 emails saying both the preload was up and my preorder was up to download and play. It's still grayed out on Origin.

Yeah this sucks ass, should have unlocked 30 mins ago

Codiox

So I have managed to get in a copter and trees don't pop up they are fine although there is some lighting change on them as you get close to them. The only thing that pops up is the foliage.
The draw distance is also very good.
Personally I am very impressed overall.

If you enjoyed FC3 you will enjoy this just as much if not more.
OK nice, thank you!

Top Bottom