• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

So many desicions to make tmrw. Right now Far Cry seems like the one I'm picking up but who knows. This has to be one of the best looking games on current gen. If FC4 is anything like FC3 (and it is) I don't even want to see how this game does on old-gen. I'm happy I played FC3 and FC:BD before I saw the PC version cause man, it made me shake my head at what was then current gen, even though it pushed the 360 to it's 100% limit.

leng jai

Ended up getting the PS4 version despite the fact I have a 2500k/970 PC. I have to manage my cap these days and everything seems to be ridiculously big.

The PS4 version is extremely competent. Tearing is unnoticeable, framerate is rock solid 95% of the time (in the first hour anyway) and the game looks absolutely stunning. It looks better than FC3 did maxed out on my PC but a lot of that has to do with the more natural colour palette they've gone for this time.

M.W.

Ended up getting the PS4 version despite the fact I have a 2500k/970 PC. I have to manage my cap these days and everything seems to be ridiculously big.

The PS4 version is extremely competent. Tearing is unnoticeable, framerate is rock solid 95% of the time (in the first hour anyway) and the game looks absolutely stunning. It looks better than FC3 did maxed out on my PC but a lot of that has to do with the more natural colour palette they've gone for this time.
Good to hear

saunderez

This game makes my PS4's fan go crazy. The weird thing about it is that the fan speeds up during cutscenes and in the shop menu. When I'm in the open world, it's pretty normal. Weird.

Assassin's Creed Unity is the same. Sitting in a menu doing nothing, the fan spins up to jet engine levels. As soon as you go back into the game it slows down again. Somethings not right there.

i didnt click on that easter egg thread the other day because it said major spoilers. Does it really ruin the games plot if I look at what it is?

i didnt click on that easter egg thread the other day because it said major spoilers. Does it really ruin the games plot if I look at what it is?

No it will ruin why the main character is there... but guess what? The E3 trailer pretty much spoiled that anyway.

It would MAYBE spoil a different character but I don't know how important of a story element that is yet (I'm still early in the main game).

I don't really think it spoils anything.

Karak

Now having spent time with all the systems I have to say the next gen systems really keep up well with the PC realistically of course. Probably going to stick with the Xbox One version due to my friends list but all versions are just stellar.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Picking this up tomorrow. Fc3 was easily one of my favorite games of 2012, and I'm glad to hear this turned out well. GAF consensus seems to be positive as well, correct?

Picking this up tomorrow. Fc3 was easily one of my favorite games of 2012, and I'm glad to hear this turned out well. GAF consensus seems to be positive as well, correct?

Yep I'm like 4 or 5 hours in and I firmly believe it's better than Far Cry 3.

The little improvements here and there really helped it out.

My PC copy unlocked earlier today, looks and plays great on ultra.

Super disappointed that COOP doesn't let you play missions, it could have been brilliant.

gunner13

Neo Member
if you guys had a choice far cry 4 or gta? i dont know where else to ask this

I'm having the same dilemma. I did get GTA on 360, but traded it in after the online was broken/next gen arrivals looming. I'd like the "new game" of FC4, just worried it won't be my cup of tea? I love FPS's just never played a FC before.

I guess whichever game holds up the best tom. online gets my $. I think that is fair to both developers. As MCC/Unitity totally lost my $ last week, surely one of these two releases this week will show up and actually work??

FordGTGuy

Banned
Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed Unity, Halo Master Chief Collection, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Grand Theft Auto V and Dragon Age Inquisition.

eQaz5HO.gif

Waited until midnight to finally be able to play this, but UPlay's not unlocking the game. Pretty sad when Steam unlocks right on time, and UPlay orders have to wait until who knows when.

Top Bottom