• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Whew.

I might plan it out but EVO this year is my big event so maybe next year.

Still, $200 for the finals day is a lot but man, it'll be worth I bet.

I paid $65 for League Worlds Grand Finals in LA last year and it was Hype AF.

Lost my voice when SSG actually held against SKT and took it all the way to game five.

shira

those player booth shields and that projected map didn't look good on stream

did you see lots of waifu cosplayers?

I always thought previous TI ticket prices were slightly underpriced, but dang, $200 for finals ticket when it was $100 last round seems like too big a jump.

Think I'll pass on going to TI this year too, probably just do a viewing party at a college friend's house instead.

J2d

Seems expensive as fuck but its not like I could ever make the journey from Europe to watch it so it doesn't matter that much to me. Was the venue close to full last time?

I bought the PA arcana today on the market but since I couldn't reset the victory count I obviously had to buy a new one from the store, fuck ocd or something I guess...

shira

$200 is a lot. I think this might backfire on volvo

Seems expensive as fuck but its not like I could ever make the journey from Europe to watch it so it doesn't matter that much to me. Was the venue close to full last time?

I bought the PA arcana today on the market but since I couldn't reset the victory count I obviously had to buy a new one from the store, fuck ocd or something I guess...

grave.gif

Watch this year have a shit ton of items and an amazing show and we'll all be jelly.

With that being said, Lindsey Stirling and the Monkey King reveal last year were pretty dope.

The live war drums for grand finals was something else too.

J2d

Someone make a thread in gaming, "valve only made 70m last international, feels the need to raise ticket prices by 100%"

those player booth shields and that projected map didn't look good on stream

did you see lots of waifu cosplayers?

The player booth was like bare minimum ass biscuits.

Projected map looked amazing actually, but one of the panels had issues projecting during game two lol. Useful for showing what dragon / baron got taken.

Zedd's pre-game playing of the theme for 2016 and the cinematic they did before with the orchestra was incredible.

Met an EG fanboi there and we talked Dota in between matches to the dismay of my League friends lol.

Lots of cosplayers. So many. Riot's cosplay contest was the day before so they were all there. Jessica Nigiri herself was there for a bit but went to the comic convention across the street.

Food and drink were overpriced but that's the Staples center. Parking was ass.

I would go again if it was in LA. Probably wouldn't travel for it as I don't play League.

If TI was in LA I'd pay for the whole week.

Hylian7

$300 for all of TI?! WTF

Still probably going

I might actually look into Airbnb this year though. I was kind of paranoid about the idea of it being potentially unsafe, but maybe it's fine. Those that stayed at Airbnb's in previous years, what kind of prices did you pay?

Chris R

$300 for all of TI?! WTF

Still probably going

I might actually look into Airbnb this year though. I was kind of paranoid about the idea of it being potentially unsafe, but maybe it's fine. Those that stayed at Airbnb's in previous years, what kind of prices did you pay?

You can find entire places for sub $100, they are just outside of walking distance from Key Arena. Close to the Light Rail though, so you hop on that, then hop on the monorail and you are at the Armory (the food place across the lawns from the arena).

It's what I'd be doing if I were going this year, because as nice as it is to just be within walking distance of the arena, the prices are insane. I just wasn't sure I was going until after all the good airbnbs had been booked, so I had to hotel it.

Hylian7

You can find entire places for sub $100, they are just outside of walking distance from Key Arena. Close to the Light Rail though, so you hop on that, then hop on the monorail and you are at the Armory (the food place across the lawns from the arena).

It's what I'd be doing if I were going this year, because as nice as it is to just be within walking distance of the arena, the prices are insane. I just wasn't sure I was going until after all the good airbnbs had been booked, so I had to hotel it.
Damn son. I will have to check that out. That would cut what I have paid in previous years to a fraction of the cost.

$300 for all of TI?! WTF

Still probably going

Yeah that's what has me worried about AirBNB. I usually do hotels or stay with friends. The odd middle ground of AirBnb still irks me a bit.

How is AirBnb? Would I have to deal with the renter like showing up out of nowhere or bunking with them or is it more or less like a hotel where I don't have to do anything other than not mess up the room / house?

If I could do TI for under 1.5 K including room and board and flight from California I think I'd go. But the last time I checked the hotel was going to be ridiculous just like Vegas lol.

Say what you will, but she was nice and a good MC of the Cosplay event and looked amazing in her Gnar Cosplay.

Chris R

Damn son. I will have to check that out. That would cut what I have paid in previous years to a fraction of the cost.

They aren't the nicest places in the world, but are plenty for what I'd want from a place.

I'm staying in "North" Beacon Hill this summer for some baseball games around my birthday at a mother-in-law house. It has a living room, kitchen (fridge/microwave/stove), bathroom, loft and a bedroom for like $80 a night, only three blocks from the light rail station. Stayed there last summer and had a blast, would totally do it for TI if I could go.

How is AirBnb? Would I have to deal with the renter like showing up out of nowhere or bunking with them or is it more or less like a hotel where I don't have to do anything other than not mess up the room / house?

If I could do TI for under 1.5 K including room and board and flight from California I think I'd go. But the last time I checked the hotel was going to be ridiculous just like Vegas lol.

The place I used last summer and am using again in May/June is a totally detached house. I never even saw the people I was renting from. Just sent them a message in app when I was close, they texted back the combo to open the key holder. Since I stayed 5+ days they just asked that all dirty towels were in one spot, and that I put the garbage/recycling in the correct places outside the house to "check-out".

But like I said, I got an "Entire House" from AirBnB, there are other cheaper options to rent a "private room" or a "shared room".

literally live in seattle and it'd be cheaper for me to go to evo lmao

I live in Cali so I'm still spending out the ass for EVO but that's cause Vegas. I spent like $100 for the grand finals ticket for that but it's ground floor so eh. Also staying in the Mandalay Bay hotel like an idiot but c'mon, I don't want to have to walk far for my inevitable 8AM pools and 0-2 run.

They aren't the nicest places in the world, but are plenty for what I'd want from a place.

I'm staying in "North" Beacon Hill this summer for some baseball games around my birthday at a mother-in-law house. It has a living room, kitchen (fridge/microwave/stove), bathroom, loft and a bedroom for like $80 a night, only three blocks from the light rail station. Stayed there last summer and had a blast, would totally do it for TI if I could go.

I mean, the games go all day all week and there's parties and events and food nearby. I literally just need a room with a fridge and microwave and bathroom with a shower that won't give me some disease and has people that don't bother me so I can sleep for a few hours in between the Dota.

Keep us all posted on how your expenses go guys! I wanna plan to go next year for sure. I'm kind of regretting EVO already and I haven't even gone lol. It'll be fun but it seems needlessly expensive for what it's gonna be but it's always been on my bucket list.

Hylian7

If I could manage something like that, it would cut TI costs to under $2k for me, including food, flight, secret shop and all.

Also BRB reinstalling Hopper to track flight prices.

Chris R

If I could manage something like that, it would cut TI costs to under $2k for me, including food, flight, secret shop and all.

Also BRB reinstalling Hopper to track flight prices.

Ya, if I were going it would be $140 for a round trip flight, $300 for tickets, $600ish for the house, $30 for transit ($30 more if you use the monorail back and forth each day) and then beer/food/swag.

The AirBnBs do dry up quick though now that the dates are official. I bet by the end of the week the best places will be gone and the rest of the prices will have spiked, the people renting these places out know there is an event and demand goes up.

If EG and NP both win 2-0, are they both upper brackets or will there be a tiebreaker between IG and EG (even though EG would have just 2-0d IG to make this scenario occur)?

Should be since NP will have the most points and EG will be tied with iG but had beaten them 2-0. Unless they do some nonsense like Kiev Qualifiers and make them play a tiebreaker.

I also hope Empire beats Wings.

shira

Day 3 of 7

- 3 day Round Robin Group stage each team will play five Bo2
- two groups of six teams
- top 2 will go to UB (double elim Bo3)
- bottom 4 will go to LB (single elim Bo1)

Today 6 Bo2 games (two at a time, each team plays once)
http://twitch.tv/pgl_dota
http://twitch.tv/pgl_dota2
t1490749200z1.png

- underlined games are meaningful, non-underlined are meaningless
EG vs iG (Tobi & Merlini)
FL vs LFY (Cap & Lyrical)

followed by
OG vs VGJ (Fogged & KotL)
iGV vs TL (OD & Godz)

followed by
NB vs NP (Cap & Lyrical)
tWG vs EMP (Tobi & Merlini)

(if required) Bo1 Tiebreakers (OD & Godz)

followed by
1v1 SF Solo Mid QF Bo1 (Tobi & Merlini)
Liquid.Miracle vs EG.RTZ
iGV.Paparazi vs EG.Sumail
Wings.blink vs Newbee.sccc
iG.burning vs NP.Eternalenvy

Code:
(won-tie-loss)
Group A
*OG	4-0-0 	12p
Empire	2-1-1 	7p
Wings 	2-0-2 	6p
LGDFY	1-1-2 	4p
VG.J	0-2-2 	2p
------------------------------
FLess	0-2-2 	2p

Group B
iG	2-2-0 	8p
NP	1-3-0 	6p
EG	1-2-1 	5p
Newbee	1-1-2 	4p
iGV	1-1-2 	4p
------------------------------
Liquid	0-3-1 	3p

It's a pity there are some pointless games to be played.
I would expect OG and FL to have some clowny af drafts.

9ed188476994fc2d9adefcc95718ab51.png

envy's ready when puppey shows up to collect

Monitors will be broken.

Ya, if I were going it would be $140 for a round trip flight, $300 for tickets, $600ish for the house, $30 for transit ($30 more if you use the monorail back and forth each day) and then beer/food/swag.

The AirBnBs do dry up quick though now that the dates are official. I bet by the end of the week the best places will be gone and the rest of the prices will have spiked, the people renting these places out know there is an event and demand goes up.

Yeah, if I have a decent budget planned out for next year I can look into it and go from there so I'm prepared. Just too busy this week to figure it all out and then I paid for EVO already so I just hope this TI sucks and the next one is amazing Kappa.

How does OG keep doing badly against VG.J? Is it one of those weird matchups like random CIS teams sticking it to Chinese teams that rely on timing or how EG almost never loses to Wings anymore?

Top Bottom