• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2012 Thread

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Just a reminder! Sunday 4:30pm in Manticore Theater! As usual... we will be at the tail end of the show :)

vROZh.png
*cough**Borderlands 2 PC split-screen**cough*

I still love you guys and Randy. Looking forward to a more indepth and robust gun loot system. Talk to the Path of Exile guys about loot if you need inspiration ;)

i'll try this...
if any gaffer feels generous, i'd take the League of Legends skin code that they'll give @ Riot Stand (the code can be redeemed on BOTH one american account AND one european one contemporary, so it's not a loss)...
please gaf, help a LoL maniac that lives in europe :X

Good thing it's sold out so I don't have to buy last minute tickets and be the only one that shows up at the Dragon Age panel, staring down Laidlaw as if to ask with my eyes if I should give them money.

creid

Just a hint with the 3DS: Check early, check often. Each game has their own download cap, with MiiPlaza at 8, Mario Kart at 8 street pass, Mario Land at a pitiful 3.
Mii Plaza is 10. Anyone know what the limit is for Resident Evil and/or Kid Icarus?

Friday is going to be tough...leaving Saturday morning from Boston to Vancouver. Leaving Vancouver to San Francisco on Tuesday. Leaving San Fran Thursday at 9 PST, landing in Boston on Friday at 5:47 AM.

I might just hop in my car, go park at a meter on Summer St (thankfully I work pretty close to the BCEC), sleep for an hour, head in, grab some schwag, then leave. Saturday is the planned big day anyway.

So if you see a tired looking fuck, possibly wearing a suit, say "Hi Omega." Because chances are it'll be me.

mclaren777

PAX Prime suffered from a lot of bootleg badges last year so I'm curious to see what the PAX East badges look like now.

mclaren777

Thanks for the picture. Hopefully that will be enough to combat piracy.

I heard last year that upwards of 5000 fake badges were distributed at PAX Prime. :(

Everyone, let's discuss a GAF meet-up.

It seems Friday would be the better day from the consensus in the last thread. The question is what time and where? Should we just meet at the convention and decide as a group there?

Was it Friday? I thought Saturday was more what people wanted?

ReaperXL7

Does Sony usually have a presence at Pax? I'm curious if there is a chance we could see some Vita announcements.

Truthfully though i'd be happy if we get some solid dates for stuff like LBP, and Soundshapes though. I'd also like conformation on if we are still getting Warrior's Lair still or if it's been canned.

ReaperXL7

What would Sony have to show right now anyways?
Gravity Rush?

Plenty of games they "could" show, Warrios Lair(if it's not canned) Sound Shapes, LittleBigPlanet, Mortal Kombat, Resistance, We could see more on Retro City Rampage which is coming to Vita.

I know some Publishers/Devs have made announcements at Pax before, I just was not sure what kind of presence Sony usually has for it.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I know last year they were letting people stay in the big theater between panels, so if you want to go to the Mass Effect panel - you might want to get in line for the Dragon Age one earlier.

Patryn

Please explain.

Posting the picture allows scammers to get an idea of what the badges look like and what the security features are.

Hence, why this is in the OP:

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF YOUR BADGES IN THIS THREAD, THE HARDER IT IS FOR SCAMMERS TO GET PICTURES OF THE BADGES THE BETTER.

I know there are other pictures out there, but the fewer posted, the more difficult they'll be to find.

5amshift

Banned
Posting the picture allows scammers to get an idea of what the badges look like and what the security features are.

That's ridiculous. Scammers need scans of badges to make it even look remotely real. Scammers I think would do this in private also. Somebody would buy a badge, then give the badge to a person who will attempt to scan and attempt to hologram it.. They're not going to look online for shitty slanted pictures of badges to print. Pictures are posted ALL throughout the internet so it doesn't even make a difference in the sense of not being able to find an image of it anywhere.

Your attempt to white knight PAX East is dumb.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
That's ridiculous. Scammers need scans of badges to make it even look remotely real. Scammers I think would do this in private also. Somebody would buy a badge, then give the badge to a person who will attempt to scan and attempt to hologram it.. They're not going to look online for shitty slanted pictures of badges to print. Pictures are posted ALL throughout the internet so it doesn't even make a difference in the sense of not being able to find an image of it anywhere.

Your attempt to white knight PAX East is dumb.

The fact that you didn't read the OP from the get-go is dumb.

Tawpgun

Hoping for a morsel of Halo 4 at the Xbox booth but but its 99% chance not going to happen. :(

Rockstar will probably be showing off Max Payne and not GTA V...

But I think my biggest wtf is why Irrational Games isn't there with Bioshock Infinite. Irrational is in the Boston area.

Hoping for a morsel of Halo 4 at the Xbox booth but but its 99% chance not going to happen. :(

Rockstar will probably be showing off Max Payne and not GTA V...

But I think my biggest wtf is why Irrational Games isn't there with Bioshock Infinite. Irrational is in the Boston area.

You mean on the show floor? Because they have a panel...

Top Bottom