• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT2| "All Quiet on the GAF Front"

ThisOne

I do appreciate most of the assignments that make you use the lesser-used weapons/equipment. But shit like "do 20 spots with the periscope" is stupid because the periscope is terrible and worthless. At least it's not to hard to get that one.

"join any operation"

hell it's about time

I wish it gave more of a buffer period for people to load in to the game though so the initial charge is as close to 32 players as possible

edit: also the game still not having air superiority or a test range is a joke

EYEL1NER

I'm not looking for opinions on if I should use it or not; I'm pretty far away from Assault Lvl 10. What do people think of the Hellriegel though? It seems to be the SMG that I am killed most by a large margin, so I kind of assumed it must be really good.

I'm not looking for opinions on if I should use it or not; I'm pretty far away from Assault Lvl 10. What do people think of the Hellriegel though? It seems to be the SMG that I am killed most by a large margin, so I kind of assumed it must be really good.
From what I've heard it's quite easily the best automatic gun in the game.

That being said since getting to 10 is a grind even with constant double xp, I'm not there yet either. And I can't believe they had the gall to increase the amount of kills needed for the DLC rank 10 weapons to 300. I mean what the fuck?

Striker

I prefer the Automatico and the Ribeyrolles to it.

I do appreciate most of the assignments that make you use the lesser-used weapons/equipment. But shit like "do 20 spots with the periscope" is stupid because the periscope is terrible and worthless. At least it's not to hard to get that one.
Pretty effective on large maps and on flags decent enough length away from most combat areas. Fao Fortress, St. Quentin Scar and Sinai Desert have been the best experience with it.

Its fun to use, but i tend to always switch weapons around when I play.
I try to pick the corresponding weapon to whatever fraction I am on :p

EYEL1NER

Thanks for the comments on it. I just hit Assault Lvl 3 a bit ago, so it's gonna be a slog to get there. I do want to get it though, unlike say, the Huot in the Support class. Since I hit Lvl 10 in that yesterday, I did buy it, but that was only because I went on a buying spree and purchased everything available to me in the Support class. I did think I would try it, so I could maybe unlock the other version of it from the challenge, for completionist's sake, but forget getting 300 kills with it. I only have somewhere over 200 kills between the BAR and Lewis gun I've been using in that class. If the Huot isn't that great, then I'm not gonna put the time in for 300 kills anytime soon.

Striker

Feels like a lot do not like the Chautchat but it's the most powerful LMG. The Madsen is fun to use too but challenging with the mag in the screen.

Most of those challenges don't seem bad other than the plane one; although the 12G is really bad so that will be hard.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
"join any operation"

hell it's about time
?? Join any operation has been in the game for months. the problem is that you arent guaranteed a 40 or 64 player server and 99% of the time you will get put in a 64 player clusterfuck. they need to simply add a separate menu to join 40 player servers. this is such a simple change. why cant they add this???
It's not though. Periscopes can turn the tide of the battle in bigger maps. I have topped the scoreboard just by spamming the periscope and getting maybe 5-10 kills. hopefully, like the anti-tank mines, this will convince people to use it more often and it will make the game better. the tanks being OP was no longer the case when everyone was trying to get mine kills. Madsen plane hunting is going to show people how easy it is to take down planes.

K-Bullets sniper kills challenge is stupid. it should be getting plane kills.

Feels like a lot do not like the Chautchat but it's the most powerful LMG. The Madsen is fun to use too but challenging with the mag in the screen.
That large mag is so annoying. it's a pretty decent gun, probably the best in LMG is close-mid range but i feel like i cant see half the screen.

Alpende

Why can't DICE just put in the small screen that shows you what's going on when spawning on a teammate. Such a small thing that was in BF4 and it's been bugging me since launch.

Filben

6OiwEtQ.jpg

rE5glKG.jpg
Is nobody playing this game anymore on PC? :( Can't find a conquest server with less than 64 slots and only three servers of War Pigeon.

Coolluck

The new "night" map is fun but the servers I jumped into over the weekend were locked to it. I get why since it was hard to jump in the last one when it was included in the normal DLC rotation but I didn't want to wear out the map on my first day.

terrible

Banned
Why can't DICE just put in the small screen that shows you what's going on when spawning on a teammate. Such a small thing that was in BF4 and it's been bugging me since launch.
The entire spawn system is messed up. Becuse they decided to add a cool animation that flies you from the main screen to your body on the ground they added a good 1-3 second delay from the time you hit spawn to the time you actually spawn. That means there's an extra 1-3 seconds for the safe spawn to turn into a bad spawn, that's why you can kill someone and then start a train of enemies spawning on corpses. It's so dumb lol. All of that just for an animation that looks cool in videos. Get rid of the animation and make it like BF4. Problem solved.

ThisOne

I would love this feature to be added back in. At least let me see how much health the guy has that I'm spawning onto. Or how much health the tank has or whatever.

Also, has anyone noticed the glitch when you're trying to spawn on a guy who also has a mortar placed somewhere? Like the spawn marker will twitch back and forth between the guy and his mortar making it hard to know where you'll actually be spawning. Been in there since launch. Surprised it's not fixed yet.

I feel like if I play these night maps during the daytime and there's ANY glare on my screen, I might as well be blind to enemies. It's so hard to spot people in dark areas of the map. Also, it's annoying how I queue into "They Shall Not Pass" Conquest and instead it puts me on a server running the new night map over and over.

Is nobody playing this game anymore on PC? :( Can't find a conquest server with less than 64 slots and only three servers of War Pigeon.
http://bf1stats.com

The new "night" map is fun but the servers I jumped into over the weekend were locked to it. I get why since it was hard to jump in the last one when it was included in the normal DLC rotation but I didn't want to wear out the map on my first day.
Yep don't know why they took it out.

terrible

Banned
This stream sniping thread in gaming forum is killing me bros. What does my bf fam think about it??

I already posted in there but I kept it brief.

Here are my somewhat expanded thoughts on it:

1) If people have watched them stream before and know where they like to go/how they play they could easily guess where they might be and kill them without actively watching the current stream. If you're a popular streamer the odds of getting into a game with someone that knows how you play is probably pretty high.

2) His friend at the end even says "we die in that building so often", which to me suggests they play predictably making my initial point stronger.

I think you're a cheap turd if you're using an active stream to gain an advantage but I also don't think it's something you can prove outside of the player actually admitting to it. How can you ban someone without proof? Seems dumb to me. Since it's not something that you can prove it's pretty much all on the streamer to add a delay or just accept that his experience can be ruined by people using his stream. It sucks but it's better than the alternative which is to potentially ban innocent people.

Turkoop

Banned
DF1S0RWXcAAMK-V.jpg

NEWS: #EA's #FY18Q1 investor call. Andrew Wilson confirms that "the next great game in the Battlefield franchise" will be released in 2018.
source

Why ? I dont understand this
EA said last year the next Battlefield won't be out in the next few years

Anthem and BF in the same period? makes no sense to me

terrible

Banned
haha

I am assuming it's going to be like hardline? Since DICE is doing battlefront 2 right now. But I could always be wrong ¯_(ツ)_/¯

There were several good new ideas in Hardline and the maps were pretty cool. The gunplay always felt off to me though and I never got used to it. I won't write the game off if it's by the same guys but I'd definitely need to try it before I bought it.

The AR mortar seems useless? The radius doesn't seem that much larger than the HE and it does much less damage.

Also tips for mortar/at kills?

Alpende

Also, sometimes I see a barrage of mortar fire. What class can do that, is it new or something? It isn't the support class as far as I know because they can just shoot 1 mortar at a time.

WillyFive

Also, sometimes I see a barrage of mortar fire. What class can do that, is it new or something? It isn't the support class as far as I know because they can just shoot 1 mortar at a time.

It's launched from Artillery, usually from a point in the map.

Striker

The AR mortar seems useless? The radius doesn't seem that much larger than the HE and it does much less damage.

Also tips for mortar/at kills?
Very useful against infantry especially in clusters at tight choke points. The HE version is effective but I've only been getting good pts with it against the train.

Very useful against infantry especially in clusters at tight choke points. The HE version is effective but I've only been getting good pts with it against the train.
Ah OK I'll try. I just need 5 more mortar kills and it's a pain.

Also how do spots with the trench periscope work? Do I have to manually spot them?

Also the biggest issue I have with bf1's vehicle system is it let's you choose which vehicle to spawn in. And that's fine for planes but for land vehicles is silly, who the hell is ever going to choose a super light vehicle or a troop transport vehicle when you can use a tank.

Finally I hope for the next BF it's Vietnam. We haven't had a proper Vietnam Battlefield in over a decade? Failing that hoping for 2143. Really the last thing I want is current/near future considering we just had 5 BF games like that.

I would want the next battlefield to be korea. It hasnt been done yet. You can have trench maps, cities, open fields, MIG alley. Multiple nations. Its perfect.

I would want the next battlefield to be korea. It hasnt been done yet. You can have trench maps, cities, open fields, MIG alley. Multiple nations. Its perfect.
I don't know much about the Korean War so I held off on mentioning it, but yeah I'd rather have that than WW2, modern, desert storm or near future at least.

Sinai is the worst non clusterfuck map in the recent BF games.

I feel like it would have been more tolerable if it was in a modern setting and was more vehicle heavy. Silk Road is kinda similar but so much better thanks to all the helis and motorbikes

WillyFive

Sinai is the worst non clusterfuck map in the recent BF games.

I feel like it would have been more tolerable if it was in a modern setting and was more vehicle heavy. Silk Road is kinda similar but so much better thanks to all the helis and motorbikes

Whoa now, Sinai Desert is one of the best maps of vanilla Battlefield 1. It's a total joy to play and showcases all the best parts of the sandbox style gameplay Battlefield is capable of (with full infantry, vehicle, and plane support), as well as being great looking. It also has pretty great design in all of it's objectives. I was just pointing out that there is a lot of empty space on one side of the map that could have had even more stuff in it.

Whoa now, Sinai Desert is one of the best maps of vanilla Battlefield 1. It's a total joy to play and showcases all the best parts of the sandbox style gameplay Battlefield is capable of (with full infantry, vehicle, and plane support), as well as being great looking. It also has pretty great design in all of it's objectives. I was just pointing out that there is a lot of empty space on one side of the map that could have had even more stuff in it.

giphy.gif

Just delete it from conquest together with empire's edge please

terrible

Banned
Amiens is god-tier. If shotguns weren't a thing I'd really like Argonne too I think but they kind of make it a boring map.

giphy.gif

Just delete it from conquest together with empire's edge please

Sinai and Suez are shit, Empire's Edge is great.

A tier: Amiens, St. Quentin's Scar, Soissons, Ballroom Blitz
B tier: Empire's Edge, Monte Grappa, Rupture
C tier: Fao Fortress, Argonne Forest, Prise de Tahure
D tier: Verdun Heights
F tier: Suez, Sinai Desert, Fort de Vayeux

haven't played enough tier: Nivelle Nights, Giant's Shadow

this is mostly going off of 64 player conquest

WillyFive

Amiens is not a fun map at all. Uninteresting layout, awkward cover, buildings are repetitive, very poorly designed for tanks, lots of fake background elements (showing airplanes in the air despite not being able to fly airplanes on the map), and the interesting landmarks are at the edges of the map where the fighting never takes place (like the church).

The new night city map is far better, with a sensible and fun layout, well designed cover, each quadrant has a distinct look with buildings that are carefully placed so that they don't repeat often, the vehicle stuff is very well balanced, and the whole map has a great flow to it. It's a good Amiens.

Argonne is a boring, repetitive map. Not a lot of fun to be had. Ballroom is a very mixed bag, some matches go well but others are just a grind. There is just so much literal flat space that it makes it unfun for both infantry and vehicles, unless you are camping at the top of the building.

Ballroom definitely needs a flag in the south center of the map imo, maybe with some objects added.

Also holy shit AT mine kills are fucking impossible. Also is there a map/mode with the most tanks? Cause I'm trying to get the 25 kills with the charmond for the medal and the trophy and there's like a max of 2 tanks on most 64 player maps :/

The only bad map in BF1 is Suez. The rest are good/great (Fao Fortress is alright). There are a couple of maps that are some of the best in Battlefield history.

The only bad map in BF1 is Suez. The rest are good/great (Fao Fortress is alright). There are a couple of maps that are some of the best in Battlefield history.

I'm intrigued, please name them.

I can't think of a single map that comes close to karkand, mashtuur city, wake (og), Oasis, caspian border or gulf of Oman.

Top Bottom