• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT2| "All Quiet on the GAF Front"

LORANT92

So does this add a new version of BF1? Will i lose my non CTE progress?

It's completely separate with its own stat tracking so you'll start at level 0, although everything (weapons, skins, vehicle variants...) is unlocked by default on CTE. You get some dogtags in the base game for various things you do in the test version.

It's completely separate with its own stat tracking so you'll start at level 0, although everything (weapons, skins, vehicle variants...) is unlocked by default on CTE. You get some dogtags in the base game for various things you do in the test version.

thanks

Lulu23

Lupkow Pass or whatever it is called has been fantastic the two rounds I played on it.
Are there any other Russian DLC maps on CTE yet?

rewopsisnogard

Neo Member
Having CTE now on consoles leave the game with lacking HDR only to me. Luckpow looks fantastic on my KS8500.
Gonna be my main Shooter on PS4 for the second year. And PUBG on Xbox One X (I got it as as a gift on PC, but I can't click with M&K).

Can someone explain to me why even with network performance graph turned off I still get orange network issue indicators on the right hand side of the screen during gameplay on ps4? would really like to disable that

Pastry

Banned
Well that's a fucking bummer so there is a hard cap on the amount of people allowed into the PS4 CTE? I just tried to register and it told me to come back another time because it has reached the max amount of players.

Honest question, does anybody ever actually hit anything in the tail gunner of planes? Everytime I try to get in it, the plane is moving so erratically I'm lucky to get a single hit off at anything, unless there's an enemy plane flying right next to us.

I don't, I can barely do any good while in the pilot seat, I just use them as spawn points lol.

Honest question, does anybody ever actually hit anything in the tail gunner of planes? Everytime I try to get in it, the plane is moving so erratically I'm lucky to get a single hit off at anything, unless there's an enemy plane flying right next to us.

If I'm piloting an attack plane or bomber and I have a teammate in the vehicle with me, I always level out and fly straight ahead whenever I'm being peppered with fire. It gives the gunners an easy time and I can usually soak up more damage than the other plane.

When the enemies finally break off, that's when it's time to repair. As long as you have a pilot who's cognizant to the needs of the gunners, you should be a flying fortress.

Speaking of passengers, I hate when I roll the flamethrower heavy tank and nobody stays in ;(

so much more effective with flames coming out all sides

Theorry

vSl9YPh.jpg

8LC9n1c.jpg

MnNvh8f.jpg

QvOwsmj.jpg

whoever made the 10 headshots with shotgun medal... why?

and why was it never patched lol

also for snipers they seem to be mostly interchangeable, I know the difference between carbine, infantry, marksman and sniper variants and know the m1903 experimental is semi auto and the russian trench is the fastest bolt action but besides that.... is there really any difference between the actual sniper variants?

Olengie

I don't see much of a difference. Guess it depends on your own preference. I personally like to use the Lebel Sniper Variant. The Reloading Animation is long if you decide to do it all the way. But I just switch weapons to end the animation. lol.

LORANT92

whoever made the 10 headshots with shotgun medal... why?

and why was it never patched lol

also for snipers they seem to be mostly interchangeable, I know the difference between carbine, infantry, marksman and sniper variants and know the m1903 experimental is semi auto and the russian trench is the fastest bolt action but besides that.... is there really any difference between the actual sniper variants?

Use the slug shotgun, it can one shot with a headshot to pretty ridiculous distances.

As for the rifle variants:
-Infantry (iron sight) variants have the fastest ADS time and you don't need to zoom out to chamber a new round.
-Carbine (lens sight) variants have lower spread when strafing than the infantry variants and better hipfire, but their ADS time is slightly higher. Like the infantry variants, you can chamber new rounds while aiming.
-Marksman variants have low power (2.5-4.0x) scopes and you can hold your breath a little longer.
-Sniper variants have a bipod (so you can get zero scope sway) and higher powered scopes, but other players will see a scope glint from it while you're aiming.

Gaenor

Banned
I'm not really sure I like the idea of Specializations. One thing I enjoy about Battlefield, as opposed to games like Call of Duty for example, is the level playing field between players. The only things that differentiate a player from another, apart from the class obviously, are the weapons selected and the two gadgets. No buffs, no "perks".

/rant over, still love the game

Theorry

I'm not really sure I like the idea of Specializations. One thing I enjoy about Battlefield, as opposed to games like Call of Duty for example, is the level playing field between players. The only things that differentiate a player from another, apart from the class obviously, are the weapons selected and the two gadgets. No buffs, no "perks".

BF3, 4 and Hardline had it tho. Its not that big of a thing really.

Use the slug shotgun, it can one shot with a headshot to pretty ridiculous distances.

As for the rifle variants:
-Infantry (iron sight) variants have the fastest ADS time and you don't need to zoom out to chamber a new round.
-Carbine (lens sight) variants have lower spread when strafing than the infantry variants and better hipfire, but their ADS time is slightly higher. Like the infantry variants, you can chamber new rounds while aiming.
-Marksman variants have low power (2.5-4.0x) scopes and you can hold your breath a little longer.
-Sniper variants have a bipod (so you can get zero scope sway) and higher powered scopes, but other players will see a scope glint from it while you're aiming.
Ah I didn't know that marksman variants don't show off glint

Eh, there's so much randomness and other factors in a 64 player mp shooter with vehicles that I don't really mind. Plus I always go for the support specializations (the role not the class ;) so that won't be an issue for me). I just hope they're balanced properly.

Played for the first time in a month or two and experienced the new Battlepack system. I PTFO, was in the best squad a couple times, played about equal time as an assault, a medic and as support, spent time in a tank and in all played for about 3 hours - at the end of the session I was about 2/3 of the way to a battlepack.

Is this accurate?

First impressions of the new DLC map are positive, but I've only played two or three games on it. I struggled to get the hang of the new calvary class, as the winding and vertical nature of the map made it difficult for me to line up shots (though I assume this will be a non-issue once I learn the map more). If it weren't for the planes on the spawn screen, I wouldn't have known that planes exist on the map. They seem like a disparate part of the gameplay completely on this map.

In regards to those specializations posted above, are those live in the CTE? I'm interested in learning all of the abilities, and the post only mentions four.

EDIT: What on earth is that second Assault gadget shown in that screenshot?

Gadget two? Those are anti-tank grenades.

Whoops, I'm dumb. I was referring to the grenade slot. That doesn't look like a grenade I'm familiar with. Then again, I gave my Assault class an anti-tank grenade and haven't changed it since, so it's probably a standard item that I've just never seen before.

All I hope from the specializations is that there isn't a single one that modifies base damage output or armor. Like no "take 10% less damage from bullets) or "guns do 10% more damage" bs.

Alpende

All I hope from the specializations is that there isn't a single one that modifies base damage output or armor. Like no "take 10% less damage from bullets) or "guns do 10% more damage" bs.

Agreed, hopefully DICE doesn't do this. That would suck.

Agreed, hopefully DICE doesn't do this. That would suck.

yeah they did it in BC2 with stuff like magnum rounds but I don't remember them doing anything similar since, even COD afaik has gotten rid of things like juggernaut and stopping power

LLptxgL.jpg

From Dice dev:

The only damage reduction ability will be explosive damage reduction.
We won't be messing with bullet damage, decrease or increase, with specializations, it makes gunfights feel very inconsistent.

thank fuck, they've learned

:)

also I think I'm going to get the 2 level ups to get from 8 to 10 to get the hellreigel and then 300 kills with it and then some (already at like 26) before I get even 25 AT mine kills (at a stunning 5).

Theorry

From dev.

Everyone,
Soon we will open up testing of Specializations for our PC CTE players. As with most testing on the CTE, this is early in the development phase, so we're hoping to get a lot of feedback and opinions - and things might break!
How it works
Specializations are broken down into two different variants: Generic and Kit Specific. Every class has access to 7 Generic Specializations and 2 Kit Specific Specializations.
All players will start with 3 Specializations by default: Flak, Cover and Quick Regen. Further Specializations will be unlocked via completion of new Service Assignments (also part of the "In the Name of the Tsar" expansion), but in the interest of testing and getting feedback, we have unlocked everything for you on the CTE. We will have more information about the Service Assignments at a later time.
Specializations are designed to give players more opportunities and diversity within each kit, not necessarily more power overall. Choices should provide more depth and strategy to gameplay.

List of all Specializations

Generic:
Flak: Incoming damager from explosions is reduced by 15%
Cover: Incoming suppression is reduced by 25%
Quick Regen: Decrease time before Out of Combat Heal by 20%
Quick Unspot: Decrease length of time you are Spotted by 2 seconds
Bayonet Training: Bayonet charge lasts longer and recovers more quickly
Hasty Retreat: Increase your maximum sprint speed by 10% whilst you are Suppressed
Camouflage: When moving slowly or stationary you are invisible to Spot Flares

Assault:
Juggernaut: Your Gas Mask also reduces explosive damage by 15% (does stack)
Controlled Demolition: TNT is now detonated sequentially

Medic:
Stimulant Syringe: Reviving an ally give you both a 20% sprint speed for 8 seconds (Does not stack)
Concealed Rescue: Downed Squad Mates within 20m drop smoke to cover their revival (40s cooldown)

Support:
Unbreakable: Incoming suppression is reduced by 75% when your Bipod is deployed
Pin Down: The Duration an enemy remains spotted is extended via Suppression

Scout:
Scapegoat: A decoy is automatically deployed when struck below 35 health by a distant enemy (30s cooldown)
Perimeter Alarm: When your Trip Mine is triggered enemies within 15m are marked on the mini-map

Keep in mind this is just the first selection of Specializations - we are planning on releasing more in future updates.
Due to different release requirements for consoles (beyond our control), Specialization testing will initially only be available on PC. Hopefully we can get it to consoles in a not too distant future.
Please be constructive when feedbacking. Thanks!

Jojje "Indigow(n)d" Dalunde

Not a fan of the Camouflage specialization. I don't like the fact that spot flares now have a hard counter. Spot flares should force enemies to go on the offensive or get out of the spot zone. Now a sniper can just stay prone and stay invisible.

Both Medic specializations sound really good. I'm looking forward to seeing how they work during gameplay.

I'm concerned that the concealed rescue specialization will just cover the entire map in smoke if enough people use it. Especially on 64 player servers.

Not a fan of scapegoat, concealed rescue and quick regen, rest sound alright. I'm not bothered by camouflage because spot flare spam is real

LORANT92

thank fuck, they've learned

:)

also I think I'm going to get the 2 level ups to get from 8 to 10 to get the hellreigel and then 300 kills with it and then some (already at like 26) before I get even 25 AT mine kills (at a stunning 5).

If you're having trouble with it, just play Conquest and mine the tank spawns on close to base flags. Took me three games in total to get 16 kills.
it also makes people really mad which just makes it even better

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I dont know why people had so much trouble with the MP-18 headshot challenge. took me like two games max. you just have to aim up a little bit and try to flank people. in a game like BF1 where you can easily flank oblivious snipers camping, getting headshots with the slug shotgun should be easy.

I dont like the perks though. not one bit.

If you're having trouble with it, just play Conquest and mine the tank spawns on close to base flags. Took me three games in total to get 16 kills.
it also makes people really mad which just makes it even better

yeah that's what I've been trying to do but a lot of times I'll get killed on my way and ragequit to a different class lol

I dont know why people had so much trouble with the MP-18 headshot challenge. took me like two games max. you just have to aim up a little bit and try to flank people. in a game like BF1 where you can easily flank oblivious snipers camping, getting headshots with the slug shotgun should be easy.

I dont like the perks though. not one bit.

MP-18 headshot challenge was fine and took me a game or two, the headshot challenge with the slug is awful though because even if you aim at their head and pull the trigger it's still RNG if it's gonna count as a headshot or not unless you're right on top of them. And if I am I'm gonna be using melee because I need to grind out 150 total kills to get the TSNP melee weapons lol.

terrible

Banned
The specialization stuff sounds really stupid but I'll adapt and probably exploit the hell out of it so whatever I guess. The simplicity of BF1 is the best thing it has going for it though.

Top Bottom