• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so right now I am running Heracles, Emiya, and tamamo no mae. I plan to replace herc with fracis drake when I have the time and mats to get her level closer to that of the rest of my team. However I am wondering what actual best third member of the team would be. Tamamo is a lock because I have wanted her since the start. Emiya is my clutch boy and I love his np so it's just the one slot left on the front line.

Who should I be looking out for who best fits into an arts team. Is there a particular 4 or 5 star servant I should be saving for. Oh and Ce which are the the ones I should be attempting to get the most.

Waver goes great with Tamamo and Emiya, making Emiya your damage dealer and critter and NP spammer. It's a shame that Emiya doesn't have an arts NP as he would then go really well with Tamamo. Hans would make a good substitute for Waver.
As for other defensive options you could take Medea Lily for nonstop healing or Jeanne for tanking.
If you want to go more offensive you should pick characters with Arts NPs such as Nero and Vlad. Both go great with Tamamo. Orion is also good. Budget options would be Euryale (especially against males), Medea and Robin Hood.
The new Caster Liz would also be decent when you're up against Assassins.

Pejo

Quick question for everyone:
Are you leaving the Beginning of the Journey CE on one of your party members to bump up FP gain from 25 per node to 100 per node, or are you guys going all in with the event CEs on all of your party members? I'm trying to weigh the pros vs. cons and I'm leaning towards going all in with CEs for this event. For the Moonfest I kept Beginning of the Journey because farming the 5AP quests meant an insane amount of FP, but for this event where 40 AP is most efficient it seems like only using event CEs is a better idea.

yea if you really want some decent event-time FP, put up one of the shop CEs on your highest level character (rider or saber if you have a good one). If most people are following the Cirnopedia guide, right now Tamamo CE or Halloween Princess would be your best bets unless you got lucky in the gacha for Little Devil.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Who should I be looking out for who best fits into an arts team. Is there a particular 4 or 5 star servant I should be saving for. Oh and Ce which are the the ones I should be attempting to get the most.

I know Vlad is the obvious one, but take a look at Saber-class Lancelot as an option down the road too. His kit is absurd.

Shinypogs

Ty for all the advice. I would prefer a more aggressive team so vlad seems the best to focus on for now. I suppose I could move emiya into the second row if I ever lucked into getting waver as well.

When would vlad be likely to have a rate up or do I just have to hope he shows up while I'm pulling for other things?

To the person who talked about using the event servant as well for certai claases I will absolutely give her a shot when I get her. I have a bit of Orleans left to finish before I can start the event.

Edit: looks like vlad should be rated up in March, that's plenty of time to save.

OVDRobo

I wish his design was better. All of Shima Drill's designs are at best servicable and at worst terrible and most of them are overdesigned.

I'm convinced Fate Lancelot might be part-frog taking into account that he's the Knight of the Lake as well as some of the sounds he makes when berserk and that face.

I really like his character (probably my favourite of all the Fate series Knights of the Round) but his design works against it for sure. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to get either version of him.

Mupod

I've been planning an Arts team since the start which is why I went for Vlad/Emiya early on. But that wasn't because I wanted to run an Arts team specifically so much as I wanted servants to support Tamamo.

I plan to do the paid gacha at New Years and the chances of getting Vlad, Waver, or Jeanne there are reasonable enough. Better than doing it on the original account and hoping for Tamamo.

Anyways, how are the Shikis (welfare assassin and 5* saber) in an Arts team? They have 2 arts and an arts NP, but I never see them mentioned in that context. I like Shiki so I'll be using her regardless, though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Gacha is bad civilization:

dJLAg6o.png

Mupod

Surprised I didn't see myself on there but I can't remember how salty my post was. At least I'm not one of the poor bastards who went 800-900 deep with nothing.

But yeah, spending money for a specific servant in this game sounds insane to me after the hell I saw. I'm fine with throwing in a few bucks to support the game but I think I'll stick to the guaranteed 5* gachas.

There isn't really any other servant I'm particularly nuts for, other than the obvious specific summer limited servant who I don't think I need to name. Or if they ever do a Tsukihime collaboration someday, but that's years off if it happens.

Bulzeeb

dJLAg6o.png

I was just lucky, only 4 rolls and I was able to get 2 little devil's, 4 Mash event CE and Tamamo as my first 5* pull since my Altria reset at launch and I just got a Halloween Princess CE from the 30ap mission.

This is the first event I can say luck was a bit in my side

Paprikka

Surprised I didn't see myself on there but I can't remember how salty my post was. At least I'm not one of the poor bastards who went 800-900 deep with nothing.

But yeah, spending money for a specific servant in this game sounds insane to me after the hell I saw. I'm fine with throwing in a few bucks to support the game but I think I'll stick to the guaranteed 5* gachas.

There isn't really any other servant I'm particularly nuts for, other than the obvious specific summer limited servant who I don't think I need to name. Or if they ever do a Tsukihime collaboration someday, but that's years off if it happens.

You're actually on the right side, two down from "the priest smiles" text. Though the fact your post isn't even the worst in the picture in terms of number of rolls is pretty scary. Glad you at least got an account with her in the end.

I think I'm just gonna start praying and saving for summer now, it'll be easier to get a 4 star, right?

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
I felt a bit lucky today and used a summoning ticket. My first summon since rolling Jeanne the month FGO NA released. Expected nothing, got nothing. Back to saving for Okita.

XiaNaphryz

So after my unexpected pulls last night, I have no idea what to do with my team.

I have Altria (NP3), Emiya, Herc, and CA Hassan (NP5) all maxed out and fully ascended.

The Altera I just got I managed to ascend twice and need more XP cards for. Haven't touched Carmilla, Atalanta, or Tamamo caster, again need XP cards.

I still have Lancelot and Tamamo Cat (both are NP2) stuck at 1st ascension. I have d'Eon (NP2) sitting at 2nd ascension. Cu, Ushi, and Medea (all NP5) are sitting at 3rd ascension. All will obviously also need more XP when I get the proper mats.

For anyone more versed in team building, any suggestions on an ideal team composition?

OVDRobo

Crazy. There's a point where you'd think the business model would just die because of the amount of disappointed people who have quit out of despair outweighing those interested in the genre.

Unfortunately, I'm sure there's a few fanatics with near-unlimited expendable income in possession of NP5 Tamamo at this point far outweighing the disappointment of these folks and justifying things staying the way they are.

Makes me glad that I'm not planning on pulling anything until Saber Wars rolls around. I already got screwed at the beginning when trying to get Lancelot which at least convinced me to never expect anything or spend any money on this game.

Ala Alba

So after my unexpected pulls last night, I have no idea what to do with my team.

I have Altria (NP3), Emiya, Herc, and CA Hassan (NP5) all maxed out and fully ascended.

The Altera I just got I managed to ascend twice and need more XP cards for. Haven't touched Carmilla, Atalanta, or Tamamo caster, again need XP cards.

I still have Lancelot and Tamamo Cat (both are NP2) stuck at 1st ascension. I have d'Eon (NP2) sitting at 2nd ascension. Cu, Ushi, and Medea (all NP5) are sitting at 3rd ascension. All will obviously also need more XP when I get the proper mats.

For anyone more versed in team building, any suggestions on an ideal team composition?

In my experience, there is not going to be a one-size-fits-all team. My recommended goal is to have at least two of every class leveled, plus some supports.

With that said, currently in NA 90% of the time I am just using Heracles, Lancelot, Support Waver as my front line and brute-force smashing everything. I imagine it will last me until I reach my goal.

XiaNaphryz

In my experience, there is not going to be a one-size-fits-all team. My recommended goal is to have at least two of every class leveled, plus some supports.

With that said, currently in NA 90% of the time I am just using Heracles, Lancelot, Support Waver as my front line and brute-force smashing everything. I imagine it will last me until I reach my goal.

I realize that, just wanted suggestions on what combinations would have good synergy.

Up to now I just use Altria, Emiya, and either a Berserker or Waver support, with Herc and randoms in the backline. I'm lucky enough to have 3 Kaleidoscopes, so those go on Altria/Emiya/Herc and I can just blow through most missions.

Laiza

My sympathy for those poor souls is quite limited.

A 1% chance with no failsafe to catch those who are a part of the lower end of the bell curve is just asking for trouble. There is absolutely no value calculation that tells me "this is worth spending money on", and I can't imagine anyone who actually bought 800+ quartz actually missing that money if they somehow made a value calculation that said such a low chance was actually worth it.

EDarkness

Crazy. There's a point where you'd think the business model would just die because of the amount of disappointed people who have quit out of despair outweighing those interested in the genre.

Unfortunately, I'm sure there's a few fanatics with near-unlimited expendable income in possession of NP5 Tamamo at this point far outweighing the disappointment of these folks and justifying things staying the way they are.

Makes me glad that I'm not planning on pulling anything until Saber Wars rolls around. I already got screwed at the beginning when trying to get Lancelot which at least convinced me to never expect anything or spend any money on this game.

The FFBE community on GAF has been hit hard by this. So many folks quit because they spent real money and didn't get the unit they wanted or didn't get any 5* at all. I've been super lucky in that game, but I understand the frustration. I think this game is worse, because off the low 4*/5* rates and even then you have to deal with CE that just seem there to dilute the pool and makes getting anything worthwhile so damn hard. At this point, i refuse to put anything substantial into this game. The system is made to make your changes of getting anything low. When you can't even get a damn 4* servant because stupid craft essences eat up space and actually have a higher chance of dropping it's messed up. I doubt I'll get far in this game, but I can't understand why someone would spend money on this game understanding your actual odds of getting stuff.

I don't see a ton of synergy here but your selection is still pretty good. You could build a quick team with Atalanta/Lancelot/CA Hassan with Lancelot as the main damage dealer, but quick teams in general are a bit more gimmicky.
Altera is for the most part straight up better than Altria, but Altria right now has better waveclear capabilities with her NP (and you have her at NP3).
Tamamo is a great arts support but you don't really have a good arts damage dealer (with the exception of maybe Medea).
At this stage of the game you hardly need a finely tuned team comp though and the most efficient course is probably just sticking some kscopes on your berserkers and hart hitting units (Altria/Altera). Your other units are also useful whenever you can exploit class advantage.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
In a previous Reddit roll thread, a whale talked about how luck comes and goes, and I seem to recall him saying he had a drought where he didn't get a single 5* in nearly 2000 quartz.

A.J.

Banned
Honestly my luck could have been worse considering I got Liz, Carmilla, and Little Devil from my 240. All of which I wanted.

chrono01

dJLAg6o.png
This is going to be me when Jeanne Alter is released. I'll probably have 600 SQ saved up at that point, and if I get nothing to show from it all (entirely probable)...

Regardless, at that point I will have spent money on the game (assuming we get those guaranteed draw for Christmas/New Year), so there will be no going back for me. I just have to prepare myself for the eventual heartbreak.

sonicmj1

The only reason this game isn't destroyed by its absolutely garbage gacha odds is that the overall difficulty level is so low that you really don't need anything the gacha has to offer, especially if you have good friends. Plenty of servants on the friend point gacha are good enough to get you through anything currently available. Whether or not you have a bunch of awesome 5*s, the biggest barrier to your progress is going to be time spent searching for materials.

People are spending more for the ability to virtually own a 2D waifu sprite with some voice lines than they are for a meaningful advantage in the game itself.

I haven't rolled any 5* servants, but I don't think having them would meaningfully change my tactics. These days I feel like I'm playing less for any sort of challenge (or story) and more for the long-term sense of advancement.

OVDRobo

The FFBE community on GAF has been hit hard by this. So many folks quit because they spent real money and didn't get the unit they wanted or didn't get any 5* at all. I've been super lucky in that game, but I understand the frustration. I think this game is worse, because off the low 4*/5* rates and even then you have to deal with CE that just seem there to dilute the pool and makes getting anything worthwhile so damn hard. At this point, i refuse to put anything substantial into this game. The system is made to make your changes of getting anything low. When you can't even get a damn 4* servant because stupid craft essences eat up space and actually have a higher chance of dropping it's messed up. I doubt I'll get far in this game, but I can't understand why someone would spend money on this game understanding your actual odds of getting stuff.

That's not even taking into account the fanaticism some people have for Fate characters compared to Final Fantasy characters. I'm sure there's certain characters like Cloud and the Nier characters from a little while back that can make or break the entire experience for people but they're few and far between compared to GO which seems to add someone's holy grail almost every update.

The strange thing is that if you're not enamoured by a specific character and don't mind filling any gaps you have with friend units, you can actually get by really well in this game without spending any money or even having too much personal luck. The game punishes the people that contribute the most to its survival for loving certain characters.

In some ways it's a really even-handed system compared to usual gacha practices since powercreep isn't as dramatic here, but it's also more cruel in others. Fortunately for me, the only character I really felt like I needed was Emiya who I picked up in the 'select a 4* starter' campaign near launch. Guess that's my reward for having generic tastes. Think the only other character I might get annoyed by not managing to get is MHX but I'm fully prepared for that with these rates.

Shinypogs

I got a little emotional during the final part of the Orleans quest line. First time the story really grabbed me. It makes up for the final fight being less epic than the two before it. If the story continues to get better from here on out I will be quite pleased.

How tedious is the event cuurency grind outside of the reportedly rare pumpkins? Since I just unlocked the event I put thejack o lantern on herc but if I wanna fit in one 4 starevent ce I need to take dragons meridian off both emiya and tamamo. Is the increased drop rate worth losing my nice starting pool of np?

wilstreak

About Halloween event, what is the most effective way for farming.

One of the guide said to focus on getting 60 Pumpkin first and then trade it for 3 Halloween Princess CE and then start farming Vlad stage.

But yesterday I focus on doing Tamamo stage and only get 1 pumpkin drop (total of base 3 + 1 from friend CE). Is this event impossible to complete without Apple or AP?

Kenai

After realizing how important CEs can be for events (and that they are somewhat future proof) I decided on a single 10 pull. Got one each of the 5* 4* and 3* Halloween CEs (I'll be damned if I can remember the names) but the drop boosts are so much more palatable it's actually a bit silly. TamMae would have been fun but I want all of my servant luck to go to Iskandar tbh. I may do a pull on all repeating events just to get those boosters

Noll

Neo Member
I heard that in future JP events there are enemies that constantly reduce your NP bar, and unless you have NP2+ Servants it's impossible to do Nps.

Is this true?

Slashlen

I'm still hoarding for Scathach, but I'm fully prepared not to get her despite having 200 rolls ready. I've only done a single 10 roll since day 1 and I'm still enjoying the game. I get to finish events and it doesn't feel like it's punishing me for not being a whale. It's not like a lot of other mobile games where they push you into MP so you get crushed by meta teams full of whale units. I never feel like I need to keep up, and can just keep enjoying it.

That said, I will try to min/max to get the units I want, which means hoarding. The gatcha gods may deny me anyway, but I'll make them work for it.

Well AFAIk FFBE is making itself a whole bunch of money with its shit rates, so there's no real incentive for them to change either.

I got a little emotional during the final part of the Orleans quest line. First time the story really grabbed me. It makes up for the final fight being less epic than the two before it. If the story continues to get better from here on out I will be quite pleased.

How tedious is the event cuurency grind outside of the reportedly rare pumpkins? Since I just unlocked the event I put thejack o lantern on herc but if I wanna fit in one 4 starevent ce I need to take dragons meridian off both emiya and tamamo. Is the increased drop rate worth losing my nice starting pool of np?

I really hope [Orleans]
that Dark Jeanne would somehow appear again in the story. That was such a sad ending for her.

Other than the Pumpkins, the currency is pretty much dropping like rain. I prefer to cust equip everyone with Halloween CE because the fights are easy anyway.

XiaNaphryz

I need to get a single Halloween Princess CE drop before I move onto the 40AP grind. GIVE ME THAT HALLOWEEN PRINCESS GAME!

I decided to just get one from the shop instead of grind. I've gotten good luck with pumpkin drops so far, having a Devil CE and another support with the Devil CE helped quite a bit as well.

chrono01

I decided to just get one from the shop instead of grind. I've gotten good luck with pumpkin drops so far, having a Devil CE and another support with the Devil CE helped quite a bit as well.
I mostly want the drop so I know I'll be able to max LB it, since it seems like a pretty great CE for Gilgamesh (and I currently only have 2x Imaginary Around, so another NP CE would be nice). I actually have one already that I bought from the shop, but I want to get that drop first before I move on.

I hope I can get it to drop soon so I don't have to stress about it anymore.

When Jalter faded away? That was a good bit. Sadly, the next singularity, Septem, isn't too hot. But the next next one, Okeanos, has been pretty fun. Then it's supposed to get better and better as the chapters release. Looking around, a lot of peoples favorite chapters are the final three ones, so there's that to look forward to.

Speaking of plot, Vlad's been pretty cool during this Halloween event. I sure wish he was in the rate up.

Or maybe not... since he isn't, I don't have to feel sad about not getting him after spending all my quartz.

Rixa

I'm honestly happy for people to get the units they want, even if I don't get them.

Not sure if your friend request dates back from 100 days ago or so. But I did accept it yesterday (thanks). So don't wonder why you have some RixGAF dude who is at the moment in level 40 as friend :p.

Vlad and Tamamo have insanely good synergy, so you can look toward that. I wouldn't necessarily say Vlad is worth specifically aiming for, but Tamamo enables Vlad super well with her Arts buff, healing, and NP charge.

The holy trinity of Arts teams is basically Tamamo, Vlad, and Waver. Vlad's the damage, Waver is the utility, Tamamo is the engine. As for CEs, obviously your best bet is Formalcraft for the 25% Arts effectiveness boost, but if you don't have it, Projection is a good substitute. All the Arts users love stuff that let them spam NPs as much as possible, so you can also fit in Prisma Cosmos or Divine Banquet or Little Devil in to help them out. If you have a whole team built around him, Vlad can probably give up NP gain boosters for an NP steroid like Heaven's Feel.

Vlad, Waver, and Tamamo are the arts meme team. It's mostly about being able to spam Vlad's NP over and over. Emiya unfortunately has a Buster NP, so even with 3 Arts cards he's still not getting the full arts benefits. Formalcraft goes great on any arts heavy user, i have mine on my Waver. I have heard that Little Devil CE from this event is good on Tamamo.

Now to get one Vlad, sounds "easy" :/

Shinypogs

I'm gonna save everything I have currently and whatever I get from now until his next rate up and then I'm gonna hope rngsus blesses me though I will be prepared for disappointment.

Good to know the story continues to improve from here on out even if there are stumbles. Btw if the story is done what's driving new content in Japan, just seasonal units or collabs? I know when the first massive story arc ended in granblue another eventually started. I'm not sure what the case is here, without getting too heavy intol spoiler territory is there room for them to continue the story in some new way?

Good to know the story continues to improve from here on out even if there are stumbles. Btw if the story is done what's driving new content in Japan, just seasonal units or collabs? I know when the first massive story arc ended in granblue another eventually started. I'm not sure what the case is here, without getting too heavy intol spoiler territory is there room for them to continue the story in some new way?

A series of side stories this year (and a lot of event repeats) while the writing team works on part 2 of the story, which is due in the new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom