• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Tom Gallicchio caught lighting in a bottle. To lose to a bum like this especially when they focused on sub defense before. It seems to me that all guys are getting prepared to get knocked out in their first UFC fight.

TJ "money" I got kids to feed is next.
You're watching TUF?

In 2017?

Don't do that.

BTW, Justin Gaethje has signed with the UFC. They're trying to book him vs. Edson Barboza for his debut.

You're watching TUF?

In 2017?
Trump's America. TUF in 2017 has never been more relevant. See Gallicchio run while holding his motorcycle to jump start it so that he can go do monthly maintenance on his M&M machines that are his only income while he sacrifices everything to become a UFC fighter, even while his family long gave up on him, even after spending all his money on surgeries. He's gonna keep fighting until he's crippled because it's been his dream since he was a child!

Every fighter on the show has a similar story of this being their literal last shot at having any meaning to their life.

Just let them all bang bro.

Oh man. Ariel had Silva and Romero on at the same time at one point, was like the 2 worse students in an ESL class trying to have a convo in English for their final exam.

Man, I was whatever on Platinum Perry but if you listen to his interview on that Matt Serra podcast, he has improved on his promo skills ten folds. Dude had some clever ass jokes.

VoxPop

So what are your predictions for 211?

Stipe x JDS - While I'm hoping Junior can regain the strap, I think Stipe has improved a great amount since their first fight which I thought he won too. I see Stipe handing JDS the first KO loss of his career this time around.

Joanna x Andrade - I wasn't impressed at all by Andrade in her last fight and Joanna's the terminator. I'm predicting a 5 round beatdown. Jedrzejczyk yourself before you wreck yourself in full effect.

Maia x Masvidal - Everyone is so high on Jorge after that Cowboy stoppage but I think he gets worked here like the rest before him. I think Maia can beat everyone not named Woodley / Lawler / Wonderboy unless Father Time gets to him first.

Frankie x Yair - Not sure what to expect. I was never too fond of Yair. Him shadowboxing for 25 minutes with Caceres really turned me off on the guy. He put up a sexy performance against BJ but it's BJ. I see Frankie closing the distance not allowing any kicks and grinding it out as always. I could definitely see him getting rocked at least once though.

Cejudo x Pettis - I consider Cejudo just under Mighty Mouse albeit far from his level. I thought he beat Lil Beanervidez the last time around and I don't see any way he loses to Sergio here.

Alvarez x Porier - Easy comeback fight for Eddie. He got absolutely worked by Conor but I blame it on the nerves. He's been relatively impressive in the UFC so far and I can see him taking an easy 3 rounds from Porier.

Looking forward to Branch's return and Jason Knight as well. Been a while since we had such a fun night of fights.

Has Eddie been impressive? All his Ws were pretty lackluster splits and a L to Cerrone prior to title fight and RDA passed out due to weight cut, dude had nothing going in that fight.

I wish he fought Micheal johnson instead, I think Johnson would mess him up.

zewone

Stipe x JDS - While I'm hoping Junior can regain the strap, I think Stipe has improved a great amount since their first fight which I thought he won too. I see Stipe handing JDS the first KO loss of his career this time around.

Joanna x Andrade - I wasn't impressed at all by Andrade in her last fight and Joanna's the terminator. I'm predicting a 5 round beatdown. Jedrzejczyk yourself before you wreck yourself in full effect.

Maia x Masvidal - Everyone is so high on Jorge after that Cowboy stoppage but I think he gets worked here like the rest before him. I think Maia can beat everyone not named Woodley / Lawler / Wonderboy unless Father Time gets to him first.

Frankie x Yair - Not sure what to expect. I was never too fond of Yair. Him shadowboxing for 25 minutes with Caceres really turned me off on the guy. He put up a sexy performance against BJ but it's BJ. I see Frankie closing the distance not allowing any kicks and grinding it out as always. I could definitely see him getting rocked at least once though.

Cejudo x Pettis - I consider Cejudo just under Mighty Mouse albeit far from his level. I thought he beat Lil Beanervidez the last time around and I don't see any way he loses to Sergio here.

Alvarez x Porier - Easy comeback fight for Eddie. He got absolutely worked by Conor but I blame it on the nerves. He's been relatively impressive in the UFC so far and I can see him taking an easy 3 rounds from Porier.

Looking forward to Branch's return and Jason Knight as well. Been a while since we had such a fun night of fights.

Wasn't impressed by Stipe. I see JDS winning, but honestly don't care about the fight.

Joanna is bae.

Maia will send Masvidal back down the rankings where he belongs.

I'm thinking Yair upsets Frankie. New age is here.

Cejudo vs. Pettis is a huge mismatch. Cejudo wins here.

Alvarez is likely the better fighter between Porier and him.

Stipe by KO
Andrade by TKO
Maia by SUB
Yair by TKO
Cejudo by DEC
Alvarez by DEC

I like Stipe and I like JDS, and this is a fight I'm excited to see, but I think champion's confidence combined with the time and growth since their first fight will give Stipe the confidence boost to get the win in an emphatic fashion. His win over Overeem surely didn't hurt his confidence either. I think this fight ends quickly and in Stipe's favour, by round 2, or 3 at the latest.

Andrade is more than likely juiced to the gills and has obscene power for the division. If Joanna manages to drag her into championship rounds, she'll probably win by decision but I don't see her TDD holding up against that brute strength.

Maia doesn't have great cardio so I can see Masvidal knocking him out in round 3 on wards, but Masvidal's TDD and grappling probably just won't be enough.

Yair is lethal and much better than Stephens, and Frankie's chinny, plus his height won't work to his advantage as much with kicks as it would with punching. I can see Frankie scrapping out a hard fought decision, but I think Yair takes.

I'm not too interested in Cejudo/Pettis, but I think Cejudo beat Benavidez the first time around and I think he'll handle Pettis quite handily.

Alvarez is the Underground King for a reason. His embarrassing showing at 205 aside, the guy is a killer and elite light weight. Porier is an exciting fighter but doesn't have as many tools, but I'm not counting him out. I think this is a pick 'em fight in a way because Porier could come in very hungry and very determined to start a run for the title, and a win over the former champion goes a long way. That said, Alvarez has got a lot to prove and I can see him coming back strong, and I have a feeling he'll get it.

You 100% nailed my predictions. The only one I'm not sure about is Maia. He's been looking great but Masvidal has been fast and on point lately and might get some solid strikes in before Maia can get a hold of him. Ultimately Maia should win that fight though.

You 100% nailed my predictions. The only one I'm not sure about is Maia. He's been looking great but Masvidal has been fast and on point lately and might get some solid strikes in before Maia can get a hold of him. Ultimately Maia should win that fight though.
I'm worried. Maia opened up an affiliate BJJ school in LA that was also to be his US training HQ and I don't think he's been there once. Could mean nothing but who knows.

broz0rs

Nate Diaz said he accepted a fight against Ferguson for the 7/8 card, but Tony's camp rejected it. Please someone wake me up from this bad dream.

broz0rs

It's uncharacteristic of Nate to lie to Helwani though. Huge bummer if either of them declined the fight. It's the perfect matchup.

Nate Diaz said he accepted a fight against Ferguson for the 7/8 card, but Tony's camp rejected it. Please someone wake me up from this bad dream.

That's not what he said .... he asked for certain things (probably a good chunk of change) and then he said they stopped trying to negotiate.

The other interesting tidbit was that getting on shows like Conan and Kimmel weren't things pushed by UFC, he got his own PR to get him that and UFC tried to interfere with it. Wanted Conor involved in one form or another, lol.

Say what you want about Nate but dude has smartened up a lot. Learned from dumb mistakes.

VoxPop

x39GQgg.png

Amazing card. I wonder who's getting top billing.

Cormier Jones 2 or maybe Ferg Diaz for the interim 155 title?

so few days ago some mma dude went to have a fight in china with a taichi master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo2ZoCAhTTo
fight ended quickly and he talked shit about traditional chinese kungfu

now a bunch of kungfu masters in china are looking to fight him, including a shaolin monk, some other taichi masters
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...perts-step-out-challenge-mma-fighter-who-beat

We're back in the 80's again and karate kid 1 just came out. Shaolin Monks have unreal core power so maybe one of them could really make some damage.

Rur0ni

Yeah didn't Woodley say he already had a fight signed for the summer, but for whatever reason couldn't announce who it was?

Edit: Take that back, he has no opponent. :|

Haunted

giphy.gif

JDS will be a 2X champ

Top Bottom