• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

In the box. It's always in the box.

Hmm. Weird, because I have 7 FMB, and I don't recall getting one in my box.

So far there has been 6 free FMB and 6 free brooms right? Any other F2P players know how many we have gotten so far?

Hm, let's see what's happening in the US vers-

> 15000 jewels

... Guess I'm getting some Avatar boards and doing a few Namine draws.

Curious why are you going for Namine rather than Xion?

Did 3 pulls and got Xion. I have 7.5k left and am unsure if I should try my luck for a second or just hold on for FF Xion.

I got one of the Ansem boards, so I can finally have SC (putting it on my Tieri to pair with DB4 on 0.2ri). Might get the other too, not sure yet.

I am only on in 50s for Proud, so I do have a good amount of jewels to grab from there
(Irma kept me from doing the 350 grind, v_v)

pariah164

Did 3 pulls and got Xion. I have 7.5k left and am unsure if I should try my luck for a second or just hold on for FF Xion.

I got one of the Ansem boards, so I can finally have SC (putting it on my Tieri to pair with DB4 on 0.2ri). Might get the other too, not sure yet.

I am only on in 50s for Proud, so I do have a good amount of jewels to grab from there
Due to my weakness for avatar boards, I am ~2400 short of my Mercy Xion. I have no money to spend on this game; will Proud mode get me what I need?

Due to my weakness for avatar boards, I am ~2400 short of my Mercy Xion. I have no money to spend on this game; will Proud mode get me what I need?

For sure, you only need to do like 80ish quests or so for 2400 jewels.
So you didn't pull for HD Namine after all? :p

I'd save, you have one already, unless you value 2 over FF Xion.
You should have 15k again by the time FF Xion if you save what you have.

Adeptrain

Saw Solf's? post in the gacha thread and wanted to try this out. After researching the game for a bit I'm re-rolling, which is torturous btw, to get the ex Roxas and then I'll save up for next week's .2 Kairi. I think that'd be the best start for me. Seems I get 20k of jewels after starting up. Any other medals I should keep a look out for? Any tips for a newbie? Any official groups for gaffers?

Saw Solf's? post in the gacha thread and wanted to try this out. After researching the game for a bit I'm re-rolling, which is torturous btw, to get the ex Roxas and then I'll save up for next week's .2 Kairi. I think that'd be the best start for me. Seems I get 20k of jewels after starting up. Any other medals I should keep a look out for? Any tips for a newbie? Any official groups for gaffers?
Ex medals are very worth having, only like 1%(if that) of people have them or something. They are much rarer in global than JP. You'll be glad toy did.

After that, save for a ikairi2 reprint banner.

But Roxas Ex, HD Xion, and 0.2 Kairi will be an amazing start.

Munti

I have now Xion HD and can do 5 more pulls. Should I pull more of the same banner to guilt xion (are guilting copy medals useful?) or pulling tsums? (I have one but not guilted)

deanote666

I have now Xion HD and can do 5 more pulls. Should I pull more of the same banner to guilt xion (are guilting copy medals useful?) or pulling tsums? (I have one but not guilted)

Guilt. It'll copy the medal but without any guilt multiplier since damage is based on the guilt and slot multiplier of the copy medal itself. You can always broom it so it's up to you if you want traits (traits are good for high level coliseum - where you'll use these the most).

Unless you get Sora & Riku tsum tsum, they're already obsolete. They're decent medals but there's better out there now so only get'em if you need something better than what you currently have.

Munti

Guilt. It'll copy the medal but without any guilt multiplier since damage is based on the guilt and slot multiplier of the copy medal itself. You can always broom it so it's up to you if you want traits (traits are good for high level coliseum - where you'll use these the most).

Unless you get Sora & Riku tsum tsum, they're already obsolete. They're decent medals but there's better out there now so only get'em if you need something better than what you currently have.
Thanks! So does that mean if I have a guilted copy medal, it can be super strong, even if it copies a non-guilted medal?

Also, I was faithful to Leopardus the whole time, but I'm thinking about changing group. Are there any free places in Gaf-groups? However I'm European, so I won't be able to play at the same time as you

It's so weird how there was never a notification nor twitter post about that 15k jewels.

It kinda just happened randomly. lol.. Really unlike them.

Psxphile

yXbZ09W.png

adorbs
It's so weird how there was never a notification nor twitter post about that 15k jewels.

It kinda just happened randomly. lol.. Really unlike them.

I want to believe in the scenario where they changed their minds about giving out such a huge jewel count to stick it to us more but somebody forgot to delete it from the servers before it was scheduled to apply.

deanote666

Thinking about replacing my meowjesty raid 40% with my ileon raid 40% and extra attack.

Thinking about replacing my kdm with extra attack for my ka9 with ground/aeriel def -60%.

Which ones will give me the most lux with lux+?

Also, guilted a tsum tsum at 100%.
Broom 1: 100%
Broom 2: 102%...

Thanks! So does that mean if I have a guilted copy medal, it can be super strong, even if it copies a non-guilted medal?

Yep! The attach parameters are based on the copied medal but the actual damage is based on the copy medal itself.(copy medal guilt %, chips, slot multiplier).

Got HD Xion on Saturday, still have about 12k jewels. Might save for FF Xion and use M&B to guilt HD Xion?

Kinda wish I did VIP this week and next week instead of last two weeks, but I think KA11 helped me a bunch in proud mode even with no double cast. Used Google Play credit from doing surveys so really only paid around $4 for those 2 VIP. Not about to spend $15 of regular money for it though.

Also, fuck Poison Archers.

deanote666

Got HD Xion on Saturday, still have about 12k jewels. Might save for FF Xion and use M&B to guilt HD Xion?

Kinda wish I did VIP this week and next week instead of last two weeks, but I think KA11 helped me a bunch in proud mode even with no double cast. Used Google Play credit from doing surveys so really only paid around $4 for those 2 VIP. Not about to spend $15 of regular money for it though.

Also, fuck Poison Archers.

I had to use 0.2 kairi, single target buffer/debuffers, and a borrowed boosted seph ex. Plus my 1291 level nova.

When you get it, let us know how many pulls/account resets it took. I am curious. lol

Got both Xion and Roxas Ex just now. I've rerolled 4 times now. It took three rolls this time (9000 gems) to get both. I'm not sure if I should reroll again because the other medals I got in those rolls don't seem to be great according to the altema tier list.

I want to believe in the scenario where they changed their minds about giving out such a huge jewel count to stick it to us more but somebody forgot to delete it from the servers before it was scheduled to apply.

"To celebrate the 15th Anniversary for Kingdom Hearts, we are gifting our players 15k Jewels! Log in before Oct. 15th to receive them! #KHUX"
I guess they just remembered lol.

Got both Xion and Roxas Ex just now. I've rerolled 4 times now. It took three rolls this time (9000 gems) to get both. I'm not sure if I should reroll again because the other medals I got in those rolls don't seem to be great according to the altema tier list.

7 times total? That's actually really good. Took me 7 account rerolls total for Seph Ex in JP... lol.

Also 3 rolls is perfect even if the other medals suck, that's amazing. Now start on the quests for story mode and make sure you get 0.2 Kairi.

If you want, you can also pull for one more HD Xion afterwards, because then you'd have 2 Roxas Ex pretty much, but saving jewels might be better.

"To celebrate the 15th Anniversary for Kingdom Hearts, we are gifting our players 15k Jewels! Log in before Oct. 15th to receive them! #KHUX"
I guess they just remembered lol.

7 times total? That's actually really good. Took me 7 account rerolls total for Seph Ex in JP... lol.

Also 3 rolls is perfect even if the other medals suck, that's amazing. Now start on the quests for story mode and make sure you get 0.2 Kairi.

If you want, you can also pull for one more HD Xion afterwards, because then you'd have 2 Roxas Ex pretty much, but saving jewels might be better.

Ooh ok that's good to hear. How do you get 0.2 Kairi? Is that another special pull?

Oh and 4 account rerolls. On this 4th one where I finally got both Xion and Roxas I had to use three 10x pulls.

Ooh ok that's good to hear. How do you get 0.2 Kairi? Is that another special pull?

Oh and 4 account rerolls. On this 4th one where I finally got both Xion and Roxas I had to use three 10x pulls.

It's the banner that started today, it's not a special pull, but she's pretty much essential to playing properly since she gives 6 general strength. You will want her on every single keyblade.

4 pulls is really good. So you should have like 8k left or something right? Just gotta grind about 200 quest for 7k more jewels.

Hello everyone. I just got back into the game after the 15000 Jewel giveaway. I haven't played in a few months and am currently only on main quest 402 with 23710 jewels. How should I spend the jewels? I already got the avatar boards that grant extra cost and have 110 medal space.

I have no idea which medals are good either. Is there a tier list that you guys recommend?

Also is there any gaf parties that are open right now?

Famassu

Hello everyone. I just got back into the game after the 15000 Jewel giveaway. I haven't played in a few months and am currently only on main quest 402 with 23710 jewels. How should I spend the jewels? I already got the avatar boards that grant extra cost and have 110 medal space.

I have no idea which medals are good either. Is there a tier list that you guys recommend?

At this point anything tier 4+ and some select tier 3 medals are still really good if you can get shit guilted & with good traits & skills.

NKnight7

Neo Member

The current banner is really good, Xion HD is a great medal to have and there's a chance you could get Roxas EX as well. There's also the 0.2 Kairi banner happening too, either way you have a couple of options for spending your jewels right now.

Munti

If you don't already have Kairi 0.2, I really recommend to get her. It's such a game changer and basically strengthens all your medals. You don't even need to guilt her to profit from her ability

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If you don't already have Kairi 0.2, I really recommend to get her. It's such a game changer and basically strengthens all your medals. You don't even need to guilt her to profit from her ability
I did 3 pulls for her today and didn't get her. I'll be able to only do one more if we don't get the 3K free jewels this week. :(

0.2 kairi is featured in the banner that dropped today

It's the banner that started today, it's not a special pull, but she's pretty much essential to playing properly since she gives 6 general strength. You will want her on every single keyblade.

4 pulls is really good. So you should have like 8k left or something right? Just gotta grind about 200 quest for 7k more jewels.

Cool thanks! I really appreciate all the help!

Grieves

Damn, only got 5k jewels so no .2 kairi for me.

I'll have to hope to get her on a random pull. I'll have to stick to tier 5+ pulls

c-murph

Got extra atk, poison resist, and 40% raid on iPLSora! Yay!

Pride Lands Sora seems amazing as it boost every attack attribute by +3. Extra attack make it +6.

Skittles

Both? Some posters above referenced tier 4+ or 3 and I didn't know what they meant.
The tiers people are referring to are about guilting. Once you reach a certain story mission you can guilt your medals by fusing copies of those medals or by using a "Fantasia Mickey B". The guilt tier of your medal determines how big of a bonus you get to that medal's multiplier. Guilt tier 5 tops out at 150%, which makes the medal's multiplier get bigger by 2.5x.

deanote666

Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do I distinguish between tiers for medals? Is there a list/excel doc I could use?

The icon next to the empty dot holes in 6 star medals or next to the % indicates the guilt tier (1-6). Tiers 1 and 2 aren't worth using unless you're only F2P. Guilt them anyway for nova levels. Most tier 3-4 are obsolete but there are still a handful that are useful. Tier 5-6 is where you want to focus on.

Famassu

The icon next to the empty dot holes in 6 star medals or next to the % indicates the guilt tier (1-6). Tiers 1 and 2 aren't worth using unless you're only F2P. Guilt them anyway for nova levels. Most tier 3-4 are obsolete but there are still a handful that are useful. Tier 5-6 is where you want to focus on.
(Guilted) Tier 3 & 4 with the right traits & skills are only obsolete if you actually can get those tier 5-6 medals guilted, which is easier said than done unless you spend money on VIP medals and go full mega whale on this game for non-VIP super rare medals. Something like Master Xehanort can still do 600-700k damage with buffs & debuffs, even more with the def-60% traits, which is nothing to scoff at.

deanote666

I did say that some tier 3 are still useful. You still have to pull for tier 3+. You just get more tier 3 than tier 4-5 in pulls but you still need to pull, which requires jewels.

With a guarantee tier 4+ in every pull, it isn't too hard to guilt those too.

Besides, I've gotten like 10 icloud and only 2 Lucifer from pulls. I still have several tier 3 that need guilting and only 1 tier 4 out of what I have needs guilting.

Adeptrain

o_O You got really lucky!! I spent the whole weekend re-rolling to start with Roxas Ex and Xion and it took me about 29 times ㅠㅠ.

Speaking of, I just started officially and could use some friends! :) ID is: 3195267

I'm thinking of buying the VIP pack as I'm really enjoying myself...but I"m not sure my level 5 account could even clear the special missions that get unlocked :/

o_O You got really lucky!! I spent the whole weekend re-rolling to start with Roxas Ex and Xion and it took me about 29 times ㅠㅠ.

Speaking of, I just started officially and could use some friends! :) ID is: 3195267

I'm thinking of buying the VIP pack as I'm really enjoying myself...but I"m not sure my level 5 account could even clear the special missions that get unlocked :/

The special missions are always super easy so that everyone can clear them, if you think it's worth the $15, go for it. Especially w/ the VIP medal we get this week.

Munti

I did 3 pulls for her today and didn't get her. I'll be able to only do one more if we don't get the 3K free jewels this week. :(

hmmmm, do you maybe have time to do some story quests and proud story quests? They give some jewels. After each fifth proud quest, you get 150 jewels (forgot how much it is in the normal quests). With that, will you have enough jewels?

Adeptrain

The special missions are always super easy so that everyone can clear them, if you think it's worth the $15, go for it. Especially w/ the VIP medal we get this week.

Yeah, I've read that Pride Sora is really good so I went ahead and got the VIP for the week. I'm glad I can clear these missions! :)

Also, I also realized this game isn't one where you find friends and make a list You need a party, so if anyone has a good party that has room for a new player, I'd appreciate it!

Famassu

Yeah, I've read that Pride Sora is really good so I went ahead and got the VIP for the week. I'm glad I can clear these missions! :)

Also, I also realized this game isn't one where you find friends and make a list You need a party, so if anyone has a good party that has room for a new player, I'd appreciate it!
What Union are you in?

Do the Def -60% traits stack? Like will two ground def -60% traits totally destroy an enemy's defenses? :D

Fuzzy

hmmmm, do you maybe have time to do some story quests and proud story quests? They give some jewels. After each fifth proud quest, you get 150 jewels (forgot how much it is in the normal quests). With that, will you have enough jewels?
I finished all of those already. My only hope is getting lucky on my 4th pull because I'm not spending money.

Famassu

I joined the red Unicorn cause the OT mentioned Unicorn dominating the rankings :) I'm not adverse to switching unions though.
That was only ever true for Japan. Maybe early western KHUX too but for a vast majority of time Vulpes has dominated the western KHUX. I think the active GAF party is on Unicornis, though, so no need to switch. I and my party are on Vulpes and could always use more players but if you want a more GAF filled party (and probably a more active one), then someone else here has to invite you.

Fuzzy

I tried my 4th pull and failed. No 0.2 Kairi for me unless they give us those 3K free jewels this week. :(

Grieves

I tried my 4th pull and failed. No 0.2 Kairi for me unless they give us those 3K free jewels this week. :(
I'm sure it'll be added to the pool. Just have to hope you get it in another banner.

There were some tier 5+ banners a month or so back so I'm going to wait for the next one to improve my chances.

I'm sure it'll be added to the pool. Just have to hope you get it in another banner.

There were some tier 5+ banners a month or so back so I'm going to wait for the next one to improve my chances.

About adding it to the pool, I actually got a 0.2 Kairi while I was doing pulls with the Roxas EX banner.

So I think maybe it's already in the pool or is that not what you meant?

I ended up rerolling that though because I only ended up with a 0.2 Kairi and the HD Xion, but no Roxas EX.

I'm going through that now! I ended up rerolling that account even though in retrospect I shouldn't have!!! I'm on my like 15th account reroll now. Once I settle on an account I'll definitely add you Adeptrain!

My goal is to try to get a Xion HD, Roxas EX, and 0.2 Kairi within 5 10x pulls.

Top Bottom